Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 08/13/12

Old 08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

This week has been insane. I think I only worked a day and a half this week, so I'm going to try to work tomorrow. I just got home from the Saints game. I did order the body pieces for the bike today. I'll have to wait until payday to order the rest because it seems like its going to take forever to get the money back to me from the lien holder.

Food has been so-so today, I think I'm just under a gallon on water today. I haven't had a chance to walk since the other day. The weather has been okay so I can't blame it on the rain. I will do my very best to get in the last 3 miles before this week is up. Speaking of, congrats Ann on the 3 miles. I wish I could run that far. That day will probably never come so I'll just walk with these stubby legs.

G'night lovelies! I'll check back tomorrow, well I guess that would be today.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Its been a very long week; are we sure there were only 7 days this week?! Anyhow, sorry all for falling off the radar midweek. We took my son back to college for the year on Thursday and there was lots to do. And because i have to travel for work in the next two weeks, there were many things to do to get my daughter ready for school too. She is a high school senior this year!

I just wanted to say thank you again to everyone for your support and suggestions.

Frenchhen3 - i will look up the book you suggested. Sounds like it might be helpful.

Nobe/Mike = you both were so busy cleaning and laying tile, etc. Thought you might be interested in knowing that we are in the middle of painting our house. I can appreciate how trying to keep up can really throw a wrench into your health plans! Just means we have to be concious of them at all times.

Catebert - that's wonderful that your sister has joined you in walking, etc. I come from a close family (emotionally), but physically we are too far apart to do things like that. Enjoy the time together!

CSjohnson - having two teenagers, we've been through the car hunt twice already. We looked at the safety features, and overall size of the vehicle. Wanted them to have plenty of room in their lane to maneuver! mileage was not a big factor for us

Mern - thanks for the tip on the net carbs. I had not heard that before, but it makes total sense.

Kayla - congratulations on the upcoming wedding! i could not help but smile about your not wanting to exercise in front of him. I have the same issue and we've been married almost 20 years. We met playing basketball in high school, and now i am nowhere near that shape! Two kids, a few surgeries, and just lfe in general and well, you probably get it . . . i do know that its MY hang-up though. He often tells me that i should not be self conscious like that. I'm betting your guy feels that way about you too

Ann - you are a true inspiration! Sounds like you have a new born and you are back to running. Love it! Way to go!

As for my progress this week . . .managed to get in 2 hours of exercise walking, about 8 hours of shopping walking, and a couple of aerobic work outs. My eating NEEDS help, but i will get there. Did drop a few pounds; hoping those stay away for good!
Old 08-18-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

A brief break in the craziness - did manage to walk yesterday, and mow the lawn, so got in some exercise. Numbers:

Calories: 1,147 Fats: 73.0 Carbs: 71.4 proteins: 69.8

Don't know if the light at the end of this tunnel is hope or an oncoming train...my inner cynic is leaning towards the latter...
Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies. This week has been a complete write off. While I have been eating healthy and drinking water I haven't had the energy to do any exercise this week, just haven't been feeling well.
I wasn't sure where to ask this question so hope someone can help me here. I bought a magazine this morning for diabetics and it suggests some form of weight training in an exercise routine. I can't afford a gym membership but not really sure where to start. Anybody here use resistance bands?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Hi Ladies. This week has been a complete write off. While I have been eating healthy and drinking water I haven't had the energy to do any exercise this week, just haven't been feeling well.
I wasn't sure where to ask this question so hope someone can help me here. I bought a magazine this morning for diabetics and it suggests some form of weight training in an exercise routine. I can't afford a gym membership but not really sure where to start. Anybody here use resistance bands?
I've never used them. I'm sure they work, just be careful with them! Gross warning >>YouTube - P90x Fail Story
Old 08-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

I am here being a weekend warrior! We just won't discuss the unwarrior-like week I had. But I can always start over, right?

It's hubby's b-day today and he chose to go out for Mexican and still has yet to tell me what confection he would like to have...though he is leaning toward a fruit tart. But I can be strong!

For a change I have very little work this weekend and have just been doing all the unexciting but necessary home tasks that I've been putting off. It feels good to be getting caught up. I know it's boring, but I really like days like this.

ichalk2up, thanks for your response. When you say you wanted them to have plenty of room, does that mean you went with a smaller car or a larger one? Did what you chose work out okay for you on both counts? Hope things settle in for you a bit before you head out to travel. What sort of work do you do?

jj, when I first started, I went to the library and got some books on weight training for women (I just used the library computer search feature) and put a list of the exercises I found into a spreadsheet, and I check them off with the date when I do them. Smart Women Lift Heavy, I think was one? Also, I think that one or more of Jillian Michaels' books has exercises in the back. Also, a lot of folks on here recommend bodybuilding.com but I've not spent much time on there myself.

Hang in there, Judi. It's not a train; it's your future, and you will live it. It just might be hard to see right now. You can do this; take one day at a time, an hour at a time, a minute, if you have to.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ichalk2up

Nobe/Mike = you both were so busy cleaning and laying tile, etc. Thought you might be interested in knowing that we are in the middle of painting our house. I can appreciate how trying to keep up can really throw a wrench into your health plans! Just means we have to be concious of them at all times.
Good luck with the painting. I hope it doesn't consume too much of your time.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

weekend goals
post my weight 81kg (178.574lb)
sleep in a little yes
log everything! yes
drink water, pure clean water, yes but not enough
eat vegetables, 3-5 serves, yes probably more
eat fruit, 1-2 serves, no, kids ate all the fruit!
cook everything at home, kind of, I had meals I had cooked previously in the freezer, so it was homemade.
1350 calories max, 1007

So my gain wasn’t as big as I thought it would be, and I am back on track. My calories were quite low because I ate a ton of vegie soup that filled me up but was low calorie. I spent the whole day cleaning the house, mostly my daughters room; are all 7 year olds hoarders? Wow how many bits of cardboard and cut up bits of paper can one person have? So now it’s Sunday morning and I have had a little sleep in and I am ready for another good day.

APRIL – I hope you are feeling better, hives don’t sound like much fun
ANNE – Good on you for getting out there and running, and so soon after bub.
KAYLA + NOBE – it’s funny reading about how you’re sweltering in the heat when I’m freezing, send some heat over this way!
MIKE- I hope you can get your bike back together soon, it’s totally not fair that someone can trash your bike and you are the one that has to do all the work to fix it.
ICHALK – congrats on all the exercise! One step at a time and you will make the changes you need in time.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ichalk2up
In the spring I spent two months helping my friend paint her whole house two days a week. Luckily she's a healthy eater because I was kind of at her mercy for lunches, but I never got around to drinking my water on those days, and I'd get home and hubby had invariably made something for dinner that was made entirely of butter and carbs. It was rough. But painting is a lot of exercise, so that kind of made up for it. Have fun!
Old 08-18-2012, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Well this has been a massive failure of a week. The heat threw me for a loop and I wasn't exercising or cooking, just eating random foods that could just be stuffed in my mouth. And I had a carb attack, big time. And hubby's out right now looking for poutine (for those that don't know, poutine is fries smothered in cheese and gravy). I don't think I've gained any weight, but I certainly haven't lost any. The weather's gone back to normal (it's about 65 degrees right now) so hopefully tomorrow I'll wake up feeling less like a slug and more motivated to do stuff that's good for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.