Community
Notices

When your food tastes awful

Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default When your food tastes awful

So what do you do when the good food you made tastes just awful? I am sitting eating my lunch and it tastes absolutely foul and I am soooo tempted to just go and get something good to eat but knowing I must not eat more.

Just to let you know my lunch is chicken, with onion, mushroom, carrot, fresh thyme from the garden, oats to thicken it and a chicken oxo.

I have picked all the chicken out and now I am sitting just pushing it around in the bowl, yuck.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

Is there a healthy option, if you have already eaten the chicken maybe a salad? Try and work out how many calories you havn't eaten already.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

I drank my tea and have left it. I will figure out something for a snack while I'm at work and hope that my dinner is better
Old 08-06-2012, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

If you eat a lot of the same foods over and over then they can get really boring, which is difficult when you already pretty much have to limit what you eat because so many pre-packaged foods and even recipes are high in calories.

I try to keep things interesting by trying as many different kinds of fruits and vegetables as I can find.

If you can introduce variety and still keep it low calorie then that's good. Maybe you need a different type of nutrition than what was in that particular meal and something that better matches what you need will taste better.

If you crave fat then have a small serving 15-30 grams of almonds or other nuts like cashews. If you crave salt then cut up a cucumber and salt and pepper it.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

It was strange because it was left overs from our meal last night and it tasted fine then and I enjoyed it although a little bit too much onion. However I did have the meal with potatoes last night when today it was just the chicken in the sauce.

I try to vary our meals as much as possible with spices and interesting tastes but this just tasted disgusting. Usually leftovers taste great
Old 08-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

This happened to be mentioned at my WW meeting today. The answer was, if your food tastes awful, just toss it. The reasoning was, you only get so many points plus a day, why waste them eating something that you need to force yourself to suffer through. You get one chance with those points (calories, basically) and you don't get to 'do over' those same points. So spend them on something acceptable and tasty to you within your 'budget.'
Old 08-07-2012, 07:29 PM
FitDay Member

Today I have left overs again but as my DH made dinner last night I'm sure they will be awesome, just a bigger portion than I would have given myself lol he hasn't learnt portion sizes yet. I am also off to get a couple of big salad bowls in as well (they didn't come with the rest of the shopping).

I will just toss the food next time if it tastes that bad, I did throw most of it away but there was no time to cook anything else before work so went off to work and drank lots of water before coming home to a lovely dinner.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds really nice, I shall give it a go.