FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   30 Day Weight Loss Challenge - blog it out (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7972-30-day-weight-loss-challenge-blog-out.html)

wildbeanerz 08-01-2012 02:58 AM

30 Day Weight Loss Challenge - blog it out

I am doing this on another forum but thought it was a great idea so I would start a thread for it here. I will paste in my blog post daily.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...mom/30days.png

Day 1 - My Stats:

35 yr old female - 5'10" tall - currently 230.6lbs (began at 331.2 on 2/21/11)
Clothing size 16 bottoms and 2X tops (could be 1X depending on style)

Measurements taken today (08.01.12)
Neck - 12"
Bicep - 11.5"
Chest (under breasts) - 35"
Waist - 38.5"
Hips - 43.25"
Thigh - 18"
Calf - 13.5"

My first recorded measurements were:
Waist - 50.75" on 04.04.11
Hips - 50.5" on 12.06.11
Neck - 12" on 04.18.12
Bicep - 12.25" on 04.18.12
Chest (under breasts) - 36.25" on 04.18.12
Thigh - 19.25" on 04.18.12
Calf - 13" on 04.18.12

wildbeanerz 08-02-2012 12:22 AM

Day Two - How tall are you? Do you like your height?

How tall are you? Do you like your height?

I am 5'10" tall. To me that feels pretty tall for a woman. I work with quite a few women and I think I am the tallest.

Do I like it? Ummmm...yes & no. I like being able to carry myself with pride but I also feel so much bigger than other women. This leads to me being insecure about my size even more. I feel like I am broader than most women so that I will always be 'bigger' even if I wear the same size clothing as they do.

I do have to say that since I have lost weight people seem to notice my height more often. I have gotten the comment "Wow, you're tall!" followed by "Tall girls are HOT!" LOL

LMB2011 08-02-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 86641)
I am doing this on another forum but thought it was a great idea so I would start a thread for it here. I will paste in my blog post daily.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u...mom/30days.png

Day 1 - My Stats:

35 yr old female - 5'10" tall - currently 230.6lbs (began at 331.2 on 2/21/11)
Clothing size 16 bottoms and 2X tops (could be 1X depending on style)

Measurements taken today (08.01.12)
Neck - 12"
Bicep - 11.5"
Chest (under breasts) - 35"
Waist - 38.5"
Hips - 43.25"
Thigh - 18"
Calf - 13.5"

My first recorded measurements were:
Waist - 50.75" on 04.04.11
Hips - 50.5" on 12.06.11
Neck - 12" on 04.18.12
Bicep - 12.25" on 04.18.12
Chest (under breasts) - 36.25" on 04.18.12
Thigh - 19.25" on 04.18.12
Calf - 13" on 04.18.12

I like this idea. For day 1 does one have to post inches?

wildbeanerz 08-02-2012 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by LMB2011 (Post 86714)
I like this idea. For day 1 does one have to post inches?

You can do it however you would like. There are no rules. Whatever the question means to you at the time is what is important. I am viewing it as a way to possibly explore my own self further than I usually do.

wildbeanerz 08-03-2012 04:05 AM

http://www.shape.com/sites/www.shape...jpg?1302551201

My "Thinspiration"

I looked and looked at pictures on google and came back to Jillian. She is not everyone's cup of tea for a trainer but she works for me. I like her tough personality. She is not overly muscled or extremely thin either. I admire that. She could easily do too much and not look like she does now.

I do not aspire to be skinny. I want to be fit & healthy. During my searching for a picture online I googled the word THINSPIRATION. I came across photos of girls who looked on the verge of death from being so thin. I also came across pro-anorexia websites. I actually spent time reading one with 14 rules of how to become anorexic. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I just really hope to keep my goals in mind and never go overboard like that. That is why my thinspiration is more a vision of strength and fitness than someone who is simply skinny or thin.

traceymc1985 08-03-2012 08:31 AM

April-this sounds like a really great idea for all kinds of reasons.
I love reading your posts and will look forward to looking in daily to see how youre doing.
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. Your weight losses so far are fantastic!
Tracey xx

edinburghgirl 08-03-2012 11:57 AM

I like this idea, its a really good way to help with the psychological aspect of weight loss.

Day 1
308lbs.

Waist - 47inches
Hips - 58 inches
Chest- 50 inches

edinburghgirl 08-03-2012 11:14 PM

Day two - How tall are you? Do you like your height?
I'm 5'7. My height has never been an issue for me, I suppose I was always tall until I was in my early teens and then everyone else caught up with me and then I was average. I have quite a few female friends who are small and very petite and I find myself thinking "little and large" whenever I'm with them, but other than that I like my height!

brod8185 08-04-2012 07:48 AM

30 Day Challenge

I'm loving this idea, I think it's great. I'm going to try my very best to answer all the questions listed, I'm just finding some harder than others to really be honest with myself about...which is a good thing!

My Stats:

28 yrs
Start 4/1/12
250 lbs

Current 8/4/12
228 lbs

Goal
160-180

Thanks so much for posting this!

traceymc1985 08-04-2012 08:54 AM

Right im going to join in with this- i need some focus!!!!!!

Day 1- 04/08/12

Weight- 153lbs
Height- 5ft 3in

Clothing size 12UK

Overall goal- 133lbs and a size 10UK

My measurements and body fat, body water, muscle mass has been done 6 weeks ago at my first bootcamp as part of my weight loss group. I will get results of them on 1st September so will post them and get up to date with them at a later time.

traceymc1985 08-04-2012 08:58 AM

I havent figured out how to post pictures yet!!!

edinburghgirl 08-04-2012 11:17 AM

Day three - thinspiration.

I don't have a specific thinspiration photo. Having been over weight my whole life and having so much to loose I have thinspiration stages. At the moment I want to loose as much weight as possible for a wedding I'm attending in September. I imagine myself dancing with my very good looking best friend (whenever we're out together woman look at him and then at me and then look confused!) who is my plus one, and looking good and not being all hot and sweaty ( its ceilidh dancing, like doing a work out!). I also look forward to when I can shop in any shop to buy my outfit, instead of having to order on line from plus size catalogues and then altering them to make them more fitted ( why are plus size clothes so shapeless?!) and funky.

wildbeanerz 08-04-2012 02:34 PM

Day 4

What are my biggest weight loss fears?

-Reaching goal and not being able to maintain. .... Any time I try to just 'eat normally' I gain and gain quickly.

-Still always being the big girl .... I feel like I might be broader and still bigger than most women even when I reach the size I want to be.

-I fear that the image people have of me will change .... I am still the same girl, just in a healthier package. I am not trying to be any different that I always was

traceymc1985 08-04-2012 09:53 PM

Day 2- How Tall Are You? Do you like your height?

Im 5ft 3-
I wish i was a bit taller- just a couple of inches. My thighs are what id call REALLY chunky and ive always thought that if i was that bit taller id be able to carry it off a bit better.

jjrudd 08-05-2012 02:13 AM

Day 1 Your stats
Weight 278lb

Day 2 How tall are you? Do you like your height?
5'8" I've always liked my height. Mom is 4 inchs shorter so I could always reach things. Most of my friends are around the same height.

Day 3 Thinspiration Picture. Alison Sweeney. I like her because she looks healthy.

Day 4 Your greatest fears about weight loss
Keeping it off would be number 1. Because I am an identical twin (whose twin died) it would be that I won't look like her anymore

DAy 5 Why do you really want to lose this weight?
So that I can be healthy for my niece. For health reasons I have to. To have more energy and look better.

brod8185 08-05-2012 04:55 AM

30 Day Challenge-Day 2

Hello Ladies, just checking in on day 2

I'm 5' 7" and I've never had a huge issue with my height-I mean i am who I am right? But my BF is probably an inch shorter than me and If I wear boots or heels then I kinda tower over him! But it's never been an issue with us.

edinburghgirl 08-05-2012 09:54 PM

Day 4 - biggest weight loss fears.

Being visible.

wildbeanerz 08-06-2012 12:11 AM

I missed a day yesterday but will just keep going today.

Day 5 - Why do I want it? Is it for me?

So...why do I really want to lose the weight?

So many reasons...

To be healthy. That is the number one reason. When I feel healthy I am happier. They go hand in hand. When I am healthier & happier then I feel sexier and more confident. I feel strong and in control of my life.

To not be embarrassing to my children to bring home friends and have an overweight mom who is scared that the kids will make fun of mine for having a fat mom.

My husband is the best. He has loved me when I weighed over 350lbs (that's all the scale went). Never has he asked me to lose weight. He has always found me beautiful and sexy. But I do this for him too. I love being able to do things for him that I physically couldn't before.

edinburghgirl 08-06-2012 12:15 PM

Day 5 - why do you want to loose this weight? Is it for you?

I want to loose this weight because:
1. I want to be physically fitter.
2. I want to have more confidence about my appearance and have less of a negative assumption about what people must think off me.
3. Its time to stop hiding and self sabotaging.
4. I want to be in a place were I don't feel controlled by my cravings and healthy food is my natural choice.
I'm very much doing this for me.:)

wildbeanerz 08-07-2012 02:40 AM

Day 6 - Do you binge? If so, explain why you do.

I can't say that I do binge. I have controlled cheats but I have never actually binged. When I get to the point where one person may have a binge I take the time to think about it. I usually end up taking one or two bites of several things. Example ... 3-4 potato chips, a few spoons of ice cream, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 5-6 grapes, a few bites of leftovers in the fridge. If I do it like that then I don't just grab the ice cream or chips and go sit with it until it is gone.

jjrudd 08-07-2012 03:27 AM

Day 6 - Do you binge? If so, explain why you do.
No, there are days when I cheat and have a sweet dessert or maybe go out to a restaurant but I'm not a binge eater.

Do your parents know you are trying to lose weight? Do they care?
Yes, my Mom knows. Does she care...I'm not really sure. She knows why I'm doing it. I'm doing this for me. At first she would kind of make fun of me exercising to the video games because it looks silly but now she will say "wow, you're doing well". Because I am eating healthier and making lighter meals for dinner she can see a benefit for herself too (we eat different for lunch sometimes).

wildbeanerz 08-08-2012 03:31 AM

Day 6 - Do your parents know you are trying to lose weight? Do they care?

There is a very short answer to this one. .... No.

The longer answer would be that I don't speak with my mother so unless someone else has told her about it, she wouldn't know. I do talk to her sister (my aunt). She is more like a mom to me than my mother ever was. She knows about it and she does care. She lives in another state so to hear the numbers that I was losing she started to worry. Now I send her progress pics so that she knows that I am not "losing too much". :)

My Dad lives in another state also. I saw him last June when I had lost 40 lbs for the first time in about 3 yrs. He didn't notice until my hubby pointed it out. I have seen him in September of last year and again in April of this year (at 70lbs lost). I don't know if he doesn't want to say anything or if he doesn't notice. But nothing was said and I refuse to point it out.

My in-laws all know and are very supportive. The ones that really matter to me though are my hubby and sons. They know and they are the most supportive family ever. I am so blessed to have them!

jjrudd 08-08-2012 05:25 AM

Day 8 Your workout routine
I use Biggest Loser Challenge Video Game on Wii. I have it set up for 3 days a week. The other two days I try to go for a walk or use Wii Sports Active. Sometimes I only get in a workout 3 days a week but I'm trying for more!

wildbeanerz 08-09-2012 02:57 AM

Day 8 - What is my workout routine?

I walk every day that I work during my lunch break. I put in 2 miles in about 36 minutes.

Most weeks I work out at home with a DVD or YT video for about an hour 3-5 times a week. I usually have strength training in there twice a week.

I am not a very regimented person. My best workout times are at 5am when my hubby has just left for work and I have until a little after 6 to start getting ready for work. I put in a hard hour of sweat and it feels awesome all day. So my best workout days are W-F and every other S&S.

edinburghgirl 08-09-2012 11:29 PM

Day 8 - what is your workout routine?

I walk everyday, either to or from work or appointments. When I started loosing weight a month and a half ago my fitness was on the floor, I'm asthmatic and I smoked. I stopped smoking two months ago and that has really helped. After a month and a half of walking I have seen massive progress in my fitness, on monday I did four miles in an hour!

I work two jobs and I'm also studying full time at University so there are times when I am incredibly busy and I feel shattered, it is at these times the walking slips, my body feels like there is nothing left and I am often fighting the exhaustion to get through the day and do everything I need to do. I take comfort that both of my jobs are physically active so at least that is something. In the quieter times I also do the Tracy Anderson mat work out and I love to swim.

In the past when I have had a couple of weeks off work and Uni in the summer I have started health kicks, but when I started back at uni and working they slipped. This time I have kept it going for longer and am determined that no matter how busy or tired I get I will keep treating my body right

edinburghgirl 08-11-2012 09:46 AM

Day 9 - negative comments.

I have to say that I have had very few negative comments, at least not to my face.

I vividly remember a boy walking behind me when I was 14 and commenting to his girlfriend what my legs where like tree trunks. Occasionally someone will say something, like don't you think you should go to the doctors about your weight? But they have always been woman who are unhappy with themselves and very appearance conscious.

I'm not sure anyone can ever say anything as bad as your own negative thoughts.