Notices

30 Day Weight Loss Challenge - blog it out

Old 08-07-2012, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Day 6 - Do you binge? If so, explain why you do.
No, there are days when I cheat and have a sweet dessert or maybe go out to a restaurant but I'm not a binge eater.

Do your parents know you are trying to lose weight? Do they care?
Yes, my Mom knows. Does she care...I'm not really sure. She knows why I'm doing it. I'm doing this for me. At first she would kind of make fun of me exercising to the video games because it looks silly but now she will say "wow, you're doing well". Because I am eating healthier and making lighter meals for dinner she can see a benefit for herself too (we eat different for lunch sometimes).
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Day 6 - Do your parents know you are trying to lose weight? Do they care?

There is a very short answer to this one. .... No.

The longer answer would be that I don't speak with my mother so unless someone else has told her about it, she wouldn't know. I do talk to her sister (my aunt). She is more like a mom to me than my mother ever was. She knows about it and she does care. She lives in another state so to hear the numbers that I was losing she started to worry. Now I send her progress pics so that she knows that I am not "losing too much".

My Dad lives in another state also. I saw him last June when I had lost 40 lbs for the first time in about 3 yrs. He didn't notice until my hubby pointed it out. I have seen him in September of last year and again in April of this year (at 70lbs lost). I don't know if he doesn't want to say anything or if he doesn't notice. But nothing was said and I refuse to point it out.

My in-laws all know and are very supportive. The ones that really matter to me though are my hubby and sons. They know and they are the most supportive family ever. I am so blessed to have them!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Day 8 Your workout routine
I use Biggest Loser Challenge Video Game on Wii. I have it set up for 3 days a week. The other two days I try to go for a walk or use Wii Sports Active. Sometimes I only get in a workout 3 days a week but I'm trying for more!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Day 8 - What is my workout routine?

I walk every day that I work during my lunch break. I put in 2 miles in about 36 minutes.

Most weeks I work out at home with a DVD or YT video for about an hour 3-5 times a week. I usually have strength training in there twice a week.

I am not a very regimented person. My best workout times are at 5am when my hubby has just left for work and I have until a little after 6 to start getting ready for work. I put in a hard hour of sweat and it feels awesome all day. So my best workout days are W-F and every other S&S.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Day 8 - what is your workout routine?

I walk everyday, either to or from work or appointments. When I started loosing weight a month and a half ago my fitness was on the floor, I'm asthmatic and I smoked. I stopped smoking two months ago and that has really helped. After a month and a half of walking I have seen massive progress in my fitness, on monday I did four miles in an hour!

I work two jobs and I'm also studying full time at University so there are times when I am incredibly busy and I feel shattered, it is at these times the walking slips, my body feels like there is nothing left and I am often fighting the exhaustion to get through the day and do everything I need to do. I take comfort that both of my jobs are physically active so at least that is something. In the quieter times I also do the Tracy Anderson mat work out and I love to swim.

In the past when I have had a couple of weeks off work and Uni in the summer I have started health kicks, but when I started back at uni and working they slipped. This time I have kept it going for longer and am determined that no matter how busy or tired I get I will keep treating my body right
Old 08-11-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Day 9 - negative comments.

I have to say that I have had very few negative comments, at least not to my face.

I vividly remember a boy walking behind me when I was 14 and commenting to his girlfriend what my legs where like tree trunks. Occasionally someone will say something, like don't you think you should go to the doctors about your weight? But they have always been woman who are unhappy with themselves and very appearance conscious.

I'm not sure anyone can ever say anything as bad as your own negative thoughts.