Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 08-03-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: over a gallon!, T: Yep, W: Another gallon day, Th: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch at least 4 times M: 2 miles, T: 2 miles (in the sprinkling rain), W: 1-3/4 miles, Th: 1-1/2 miles,
3. Workout (nights count too) at least 4 times M: yes 54mins, T: No, W: 41 mins, Th: 40 mins, F: 37 mins, Made it! I did the 4 workouts that I said I would!
4. Walk dogs once before work (surely I can manage that) M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: Nope
5. 5 different fruits & veggies a day M: 7, T: 8, W: 6, Th: 7,
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 230.0lbs, T: 231.0lbs, W: 230.6lbs, Th: 230.6lbs, F: 230.4lbs, Change this week: +0.4lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Limit talking about weight loss (been told I have been nagging) M: Yes, T: Yeah, W: talked about it because he was asking questions but stopped when he seemed to have heard enough so that is a YES, Th: I think so,
2. A little extra effort on the housework goes a long way M: None extra, T: Wiped out oven, did a load of laundry, W: Nope, Th: None,
3. Keep paperwork done daily at work M: Yes, T: Done already too, W: Yes, Th: Yes,

This week has been so slow at work....until today! I guess all the restaurants in our area are only going to sell food this weekend and no other day of the week. LOL ... Oh well, it makes my Friday move by pretty quickly.

Judi ... Homemade cheese? Really? How do you do that?

Cassie ... I figured the recipe to make 8 servings but when I served it last night there are closer to 10 servings. I left my figures the same...just in case. Oh and it isn't really anything special (Nilla Wafers with sugar-free, fat-free pudding & banana slices layered 3 times and topped with crushed Nilla wafers. I LOL'd about my Pinterest. I don't think I have made more than about 2 of those recipes. For some reason I collect them up though. It is kind of like, I collected them and thought about them so now I don't have to make them.

Quinn ... Your shopping trip with your daughter sounds fun, expensive, but fun!

Hope ... I think you had every right to start an argument over that. She should not leave her checks behind because she doesn't like her boss. She could always pick them up when he isn't there. ... My sister is only 24 yrs old and I am constantly telling her to grow up. There are people everywhere in the world that you won't like. You can't quit your job every time you meet one. Well....that is, when we are talking. She tends to hang with my mother and that doesn't go well with me.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

April Thanks I am just going back to the basics right now eating clean and logging and looking for the traps. I discovered just logging the last couple days that the second non-fat latte I have added to my day is not helping my calorie budget. Kaya is great she just finished intermediate dog training and is off to advanced in a couple weeks we are also thinking we may get her into agility she very active and smart. Your new pic looks so good you have done so well I can’t wait to see you at your Christmas goal.

Mike So sorry about the bike that sucks. Wow I need a weekend warrior weekend but this won’t be it. I have not had days off in row for months but its B.C day long weekend and I am off for 4 days and they are packed solid so lots off walking but probably lots of wine on sat but I am in early for next weekend.

Tori Thanks I have missed you guys to, life just got busy and I made a lot of excuses why my health wasn’t number one pretty dumb and I have the 8 stinkin pounds to prove it. Glad to see how well you have done and you look great in your avatar, sorry to hear you are struggling with your thyroid I hope it balances out soon.

Hope Yes its me tail between my legs but hey I learned how vital you guys are to my plan, I am happy to be back. Sorry to hear you are having teenager troubles they are never fun.

Have a great day everyone, I am off to the farmers market.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- im hoping this weekend is better than the last one. Lets hope i can stay away from the ice cream- infact i WONT have any. Positive mental attitude!!
This weekend i plan to go swimming with kids. I have decided this week that i should give up baking- or at least large amounts because i cant help but give in to the temptation! Next time as ive got 2 kids i will make 4 cupcakes or so then they can have 2 each and i wont pinch them. This weekend i bought them some gingerbread biscuits shaped into medals with some icing and strawberry laces and sprinkles to decorate. Even though id have loved to done them from scratch i have to make some sacrifices. Theres only 4 in the pack so again they can have 2 each and have fun with them. Especially as its olympic mania all over tv but we've been enjoying the events so far.

Went to do weekly shop this evening and oh its so annoying- with the prices of everything going up and also the fact that everything that was cheapest is bad for us. All biscuits, chocolate, crisps, high fat everything, foods with no nutritional value is in the price range that id like but all the healthier/low fat foods was nearly double the price!! Its so frustrating. Ive said this before but i f i wanted to feed my family on rubbish and saturated fat it would probably cost me £30 this week but i spent double that which i know is ok but it would be nice if the supermarkets cared that some of us want to eat well for less cost.
I just had to tell myself that we are worth spending that extra £2 on chicken breasts and it will count in the long run plus overall it tastes much better from scratch then all that processed junk!
Old 08-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Hello... Hello... Hello... Helloooooo???????
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

::stands over here, waving::

Yeah, I am finally back on... Supper and the feeding frenzy is over, made grilled pizza for the family (and a friend) - had my carb-out, and the numbers reflect that:

Calories: 1,991 Fats: 89.1 Carbs: 199.5 Protein: 95.0

Back on the wagon tomorrow. Curious to see how my body reacts to this many carbs...don't feel particularly tired (other than being on my feet for most of the day).

Had a good walk/run this a.m. - my friend who usually walks with me on Fridays cancelled last minute, so I did my regular walking with sprints. I cut my 5k time to 50 minutes - Happy Dance! I've increased my running blocks from 100 feet to 200-300' - averaging 5-6 'blocks' during the walk.

Regarding the homemade mozzarella - well, I use raw milk, and found the recipe/technique in some of my books, as well as online. It does take time and focus, but the results are quite good. I am a homesteader here in CT, and enjoy learning how to do old-fashioned things, like the canning, working with dairy, gardening, useful herbs and we had raised small livestock (chickens, turkeys, rabbits) for about 10 years as well. Most winters I get my exercise keeping the woodstoves burning - splitting, hauling with the help of the kids.

We are blessed to be able to do these things - altho, it isn't usually done here in CT (surrounded by urban and suburban areas).

April - Congrats on the successes this week - 4 times on the workout! Yay! And that's in addition to your daily walking!

Cassie - the way the boys fell on the pizza tonight, I would have been worried you'd have been swept up in the frenzy (ever see those videos of shark feeding frenzies? yep - my house tonight!) - but if you're ever in the neighborhood, let me know! BTW, I took your idea and did 50/50 white and wheat flours for the crust - yummy!

Hope: can't blame you on that w/DD - it is tough teaching them to get out of their comfort zone to stand up for themselves (I have a 21 y.o. son who is painfully shy - while the other (17 y.o.) has NO prob with that).

Quinn: Can't wait until August is over, she is safely tucked into her dorm room and the money hemorrhage can be tourniquetted. Great analogy - and lovely that you had some additional quality time with your daughter.

Well, getting close to crash time - g'night all, and hope to see more of you 2mrw!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Judi, glad you enjoyed your dinner. My niece lives in Connecticut; I'll send her by in my stead . How old are your boys, and are you including a husband in that?

Good for you for getting your walk/run in even though your buddy couldn't make it!

Darlene, hope you enjoyed your farmer's market trip. I love ours!

Tracey, I think you have a good plan for the weekend and you are really thinking things through overall. Enjoy yourself swimming with the kids!

April, goals lookin' awesome this week .
Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I'm here, been lurking. Diet was good today, until I just had poptarts.

I had kind of a melt down when I found out that the guy that hit me said they are going to drop the charges for no license or insurance, as long as he gets it today. I blew up, Tori caught the wrath of it. It pisses me off that I had to make a claim on MY insurance and pay a $1000 deductible and he gets off scott free. Hell if the city doesn't want his money, give it to me to put towards my deductible. I don't understand how a convicted felon can get away with so much while those of us the follow the law and do what we should get bent over by the law enforcement and judges that are supposed to protect us! Anyway before I get too deep in this rant, I'll cut it short.

I'll see y'all again tomorrow.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, I'm here, been lurking. Diet was good today, until I just had poptarts.

I had kind of a melt down when I found out that the guy that hit me said they are going to drop the charges for no license or insurance, as long as he gets it today. I blew up, Tori caught the wrath of it. It pisses me off that I had to make a claim on MY insurance and pay a $1000 deductible and he gets off scott free. Hell if the city doesn't want his money, give it to me to put towards my deductible. I don't understand how a convicted felon can get away with so much while those of us the follow the law and do what we should get bent over by the law enforcement and judges that are supposed to protect us! Anyway before I get too deep in this rant, I'll cut it short.

I'll see y'all again tomorrow.
Substitute "homemade granola bars" for "pop tarts" and I am right there with you .

I would be mad, too. My husband has been hit by uninsured drivers three times. It hurts the people with insurance (who are doing the right thing) and does nothing punitive to those who don't have it.

I need to shoot you a PM or a FB message soon about insurance...
Old 08-03-2012, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

I'm here, too. Just working on my grocery list for tomorrow and looking online for some new recipes to try with my veggie supply. Tried to get some grocery shopping done tonight, but hubby's feet hurt, he was tired, he was thirsty, blah, blah, blah.... so I'll try again in the morning. Oh, and God help me if I used a coupon for something! Ugh....

Mike,
I'm thinking I'm in the $1,000 unexpected expense category as well. Something went on one of our vehicles, looks like it's going to be pricey and it's just out of warranty. Seems like every time a have a few extra dollars, something big goes wrong. Hoping it won't be as much as anticipated, but I won't know until early next week. So, I get to stew about it until then. lol

When I was in GB yesterday, the mall was full of people wearing Packer tee's and jerseys!!! I'm so excited!! You know what August means!!!! PRESEASON!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! lol

Judi,
Homesteading sounds wonderful to me. When we built our home, we were totally secluded. Now 15 years, a tornado and 6 other homes later, not so much. Listening to a neighbors barking dog half of the night last night made me wish that I had built much farther into the woods. So looking forward to my cabin in the Smokies soon!

Did well dieting today. Broiled fish out to dinner tonight and skipped the selection of 18 different types of home-made pies. *sigh* Off to bed for me. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

quinn
Old 08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Substitute "homemade granola bars" for "pop tarts" and I am right there with you .

I would be mad, too. My husband has been hit by uninsured drivers three times. It hurts the people with insurance (who are doing the right thing) and does nothing punitive to those who don't have it.

I need to shoot you a PM or a FB message soon about insurance...
just shoot me a PM here.

Quinniepoo, what do you think the Saints are gonna do this year. Must of the people here are seriously optimistic, like 12-4 or 13-3. I think they are out their mind!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.