Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 08-01-2012, 05:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Thanks for the ideas for low carb receipes and the nice welcome

Thanks for all those that welcomed me. I am hoping to get the general idea how to respond individually. However, you are an amazing resource with experience in all the real ideas you have for subjects discussed. I enjoy reading the post and find them helpful. For a dessert today I had Italian Ice. It was 100 calories which I would like to stay with for desserts. So far things are going good.

Goals: Keep to a 1200 calories limit
Weight was started 197
Weight today 188
Increasing activity
logging every day
Not eating out and cooking all meals
This weekend to satisfy a Pizza craving, I plan to make a low calorie version. Lots of tomatoes, green peppers, with low fat Mozzarella cheese. Homemade crust. Lower in calories and sodium intake. I have really enjoyed cooking these different foods. Loved the Spring Rolls I made this week. I will let you know how a low calorie version of the Pizza tastes.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

hello everyone!
I have been on track the last few days, calories under 1300, carbs are just about there. No alcohol, unless you count the white wine I added to the cooking? pretty sure that doesn't count.. hehehe

I am working like a crazy person trying to get my last assignment done, then I can relax for a couple of weeks.... well I still have to work two part time jobs and parent a 7 year old and keep the house going... but I don't have to study full time as well! hehehe.

I did miss my boot-camp this week I had a late assignment and I couldn't afford to lose another 10% on my mark for another day late. I am pretty disappointed though.

I did have a happy moment with my daughter though, we were being silly after school and I was running and chasing her and just generally playing around and she said 'mummy we havn't done this for soooo long. I like that you have decided to be healthy now' It made me remember why I am doing this.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

1) low carb baby; i'm feeling better fibro wise: yup, yes, yes
2) be a strretchy mama: yup, yes, yes
3) exercise or walk 3x: walked, walked, no
4) avoid aspartame: a few sips thank u DH for nagging me, 1/2c, 1/2 c both times "behind DH's back"
5) be nice because as a sign here says: nice counts: yup, yes, yes

Just catching up on reading posts. Mern, Cate, constipation is very common on LC; in fact, you're warned against it in Atkins, Dukan, South Beacch, etc. But bran, psyillum (main ingredient in Metamucil) any of that kind of stuff helps until your body adjusts. It is the low fiber that does it. Increasing your consumption of fruit or eating prunes or dried apricots helps as a fix.

I have been on something close to Primal (protein, veg, fruit, nuts, no sugar. I don't use honey; I use Stevia and occasional Sweet and Low - tho I haven't used either lately. I've been avoiding chocolate, which is helping to stop my terrible hot flashes. I also eat some dairy) for the past 5 or so days. And I have been walking, which seems like the best exercise for me for now. It has erased a good portion of my fibro symptoms and I managed to lose 2 pounds on vacation. This seems to be the best plan for me; now if only I can stay on it...

Nichaleh, I just read about that sweet moment with your daughter. That sounds like the best reward of all...
Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: over a gallon!, T: Yep, W: Another gallon day,
2. Walk on lunch at least 4 times M: 2 miles, T: 2 miles (in the sprinkling rain), W: 1-3/4 miles,
3. Workout (nights count too) at least 4 times M: yes 54mins, T: No, W: 41 mins,
4. Walk dogs once before work (surely I can manage that) M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,
5. 5 different fruits & veggies a day M: 7, T: 8, W: 6,
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 230.0lbs, T: 231.0lbs, W: 230.6lbs, Th: 230.6lbs, Change this week: +0.6lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Limit talking about weight loss (been told I have been nagging) M: Yes, T: Yeah, W: talked about it because he was asking questions but stopped when he seemed to have heard enough so that is a YES,
2. A little extra effort on the housework goes a long way M: None extra, T: Wiped out oven, did a load of laundry, W: Nope,
3. Keep paperwork done daily at work M: Yes, T: Done already too, W: Yes,

We went to visit hubby's mom in the hospital last night. After I left hubby sit in the last available chair in her room I just stood near him. After a few minutes he pulled me by the hand so I would sit on his leg. Do you guys know how long it has been since I sat on my husband's lap? (Not sexually ) I honestly couldn't tell ya. But it felt so nice to sit there and not be worried that I was hurting him. And he liked it too.

This morning before going back to bed after hubby left for work I made a dessert that I thought wouldn't be too bad for us. Ha! Well anyway it's made now and I just have to watch portions. I worked out the recipe and if it makes 8 servings it is 270 calories per serving. I guess it could be worse...Right?

Judi ... Congrats on getting out of the overweight category! I am working on that too. I have 22lbs to go to get into the overweight group.

Quinn ... If I had all that kitchen work to do I would probably skip walking for a day too. I love working in the kitchen.

Darlene ... Nice to see you back. Get restarted with the basics. Just remember you do know how to do this. ... And how is that sweet adorable puppy of yours?

Cassie ... Nice job on being sore from workouts. I rarely get that anymore and I work out HARD! I've been switching up the exercise too. I do them as hard as I can and am sweating like a beast I just rarely get sore.

Nichaleh ... I love what your daughter said! That is so much more reason to keep at what you are doing.

Hope... I'm glad it seems you have found something that is working for you. Especially to help tame down that fibro.

Mike ... Glad to hear that the rum cake is all gone. Now get your butt out to the shed!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Huh? What did you say? Oh that was just the crickets making noise...

I was going to post a real cricket but didn't know if anyone has a bug phobia.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down The bike went down!!!

Huge rant>>> I went to Auto Zone to pick up a bolt. I parked the bike, went in, was looking at bolts. Went out to size it up with the bike and noticed that some jack ass parked in the spot right next to me. Why not in the other 20 empty spots??? Anyway it turns out that he works with my GF. I see him inside, we make small talk. He checks out right in front of me and leaves. Well he sticks his head up his ass, puts his truck in reverse, CUTS THE WHEEL TOWARDS THE BIKE AND BACKS UP!!! He hits my bike with his POS 1999 Dodge Ram and KNOCKS IT OVER! I run out and yell "WTF!?!?!?!". This jacks ass is picking up the bike and has the never to tell me it's no big deal, he just knocked it over and he'll pick it back up. I tell him "no big deal!?!?!?! You hit my f%&*ing bike!" Then he proceeds with "Hey we can works this out between us, can't we?" I tell him hell no, I'm calling the cops. He then asks me to not call the cops because he doesn't have his license (I guess it's suspended), I tell him THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM! He then tries to make me feel bad "aww come on don't call the cops, I don't have insurance!". Once again, NOT MY PROBLEM! He then tells me that he didn't see my bike. I told him it was there when he decided to park on side of it and the ONLY time it moved was when HE hit it!

Right about now I'm thinking... YOU DUMB MOTHER F%$&ER, YOU HIT MY BRAND NEW BIKE AND YOU WANT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT'S DRIVING AROUND WITHOUT A LICENSE OR INSURANCE????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I SELL THAT SHIT, I KNOW IT'S AVAILABLE!!! He gets no sympathy from me.

I call the cops and while I wait for them I call my GF (she's his boss) to tell her that Mr. XXXXX will be late because his dumb ass hit my bike and we are waiting for the cops.

The cop shows up, rather quickly, asked him for license, insurance, etc. He tells him he doesn't have it. Cop looks at him like he's the dunbass that he is. I give the cop, my insurance, registeration and license (WITH MOTORCYCLE ENDORCEMENT). I'm as legal as they come.

Cop makes his report and calls me back to his car. He explains that it's a civil matter b/c it's in a parking lot but he's about to go away in cuffs b/c he has an attachment for his arrest!

So I had to make a claim on my insurance, I went with a high collision deductible because I'm a safe and defensive driver, never did I think some jack ass would hit it while parked.

It looks like just about the entire right side (plastic body work) will have to be replaced, including the exhaust, mirror, bar end and front brake lever, front (nose) and left, top piece under the nose. I'm thinking $3000-$4000 in damages.

The thing that pisses me off the most is how are you going to hit someone else's vehicle then have the nerve to tell them it's no big deal?

Here she is, after he pulled forward and picked the bike back up.

Anyone with a half a brain would know that if you back up with your wheel at the angle, you will hit what's next to you. Once again proving that many of the people without insurance are the ones that need it the most and there is a reason why you shouldn't drive without a valid license!

The other pics. http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/01gt46/GSXR/

I'm giving myself a RAK for today because it took everything I had to NOT turn my porperty damage into his bodily injury!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

No kidding! Did I miss the group vacation?
Nice job this week, April. I know, not usually sore either, but I upped the weight on the weights and judging from the muscles that are sore, the deadlifts were what did me in. But it's kind of a good feeling, too.

I'm also excited bcs hubby is finally getting into the whole deal and committed to doing C25K, so I'm doing that again with him. I really like having an exercise buddy .

Hope, you are doing great for a vacation week!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here. I haven't abandoned the thread this week. Was super busy and didn't get around to posting my update last night. I'll do yesterday and today later on.

Poor Mike and TPM
Old 08-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, Mike!

Oh no ! What a jerk! No wonder he didn't want you calling the police.

A remarkable display of self-restraint from you, though. Nice work.

Maybe you could sell him a policy
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

OMG Mike! I showed Hubby your pics. He said he would be seriously pissed if he were you too. That is the one reason that we insist on having a low deductible on our vehicles in case of something like that. We can afford the higher payment but can't afford a few thousand if something happens and I would feel horrible for him to have to ride around on a beat up bike that is brand new (like yours) because we didnt' have money for the deductible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.