Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Haha! I read this as a hot brief kiss daily and was hoping you get more than that!
LMAO!!!

I'm in! After struggling for over a month now with digestive issues i.e. constipation on the LC I decided to up the carbs a bit (from ~20 to ~40-50, still VLC) and lower the calories to ~1200/day. Friday was not quite a write off, but carbs were way high (my system seems to be adjusting well, LOL). Saturday was the first day on the new regimen and Sunday brought a 1# loss, but this morning back up by 3#???? Will post goals later today.

BTW Mern, thanks for starting the LC recipe thread. I have quite a few recipes to post there, will do later today as well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goals Goals Goals

I am new to this posting and communicating, however I read all your posts they are helpful and I can relate to all the stories. I am counting calories and logging for both my husband and myself. It really helps to have my husband on the same foods. I don't have to cook two different meals. I love the Fitday calories and logging program. The first pounds came off quickly however now we both are going to be loosing hopefully a pound a week. That is our goal. I will be on here until next July 2013. Did a good deal of reading in the journals, JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine, as to what works to lose weight. Energy intake or calories basically was the bottom line. Sure hope it works. I see all the great posts and weight lost. Very encouraging. I am 63 and not into major exercise programs. Walking and housework. I am getting more housework done these days. Started at 197 and now at 188. Long way to go as I am 5'5". I do get hungry for a low calories dessert. Skipped desserts completely any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- i didnt have the best of weeks. A few naughty treats throughout which has what i think stopped me losing anything at todays weigh in. Disappointed with myself for staying the same as last week- i know its better than a gain but i thought id done enough even to lose a half a pound. I did 2 bike rides this weekend-and a long walk on Monday. I guess though that i wasnt making myself sweat as much as i should and it must have been easy exercise.
Without the naughtiness i would have maybe seen a loss.
I had 2 bowls of ice cream over the weekend and quite a few pick and mix sweets at the cinema on Thursday. Most of my meals have been based around salad but i guess my fruit portions were just greed- full punnets of fruits in one go whilst watching tv!!
This week im going to keep up the exercise but change where i went wrong!

# 1200 cals
# increase water
# Up protein/lower carbs- going to see if this works!
# smaller fruit portions- 15 grapes not 100!!!
# Eat slower at mealtimes- always first to finish then i want leftovers because the family are still eating!
# No buses- just walk it- saves money- burns calories!
# Stick to calorie allowance- 200 breakfast, 50 snack am, 300 lunch, 50 snack pm, 400 dinner and 200 daily calcium
# switch back to skimmed milk
# low calorie bread if i have some
# Daily exercise
Old 07-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Tracey, sometimes just staying the same is a gain in my book! Your goals look great and I hope you have a good week with them.

Barbarajean, welcome and congrats on your loss so far. Here is a link to the best tips and tricks we've come up with on FitDay: FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with fitday best of series. Looking forward to getting to know you .
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Barbara- well done on the weight loss so far and its great that you and your husband are doing it together. It is much easier cooking the smae meal for everyone- i have 2 kids and my partner also to cook for and i make the same meal for us all. I just cook the favourites low calorie and find alternatives that i can have but they can enjoy. I just tell them that they will benefit too from eating healthy and all the nutrients are there that the kids need to grow and my partner who wants to gaon weight just has a larger portion of the carbs and protein.
Low fat yoghurt with meringue nest and fresh fruit is nice for a dessert- could add a tsp of honey for added sweetness.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Barbara, hi! I opened a thread in the Food Talk forum for you: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post86496. I hope you let lots of replies. Kudos on your weight loss so far! Wonderful that your husband eats the same as you. Mine does, too-- I cook low carb but he sometimes will microwave a potato or some corn or something more carby to add for himself only. Works out great. As you can see in my signature, I'm just a wee bit older at 66. I walk 30 minutes on the treadmill at the Y 5 days a week or exercise to an aerobic walking DVD in the comfort of my living room. I don't really aspire to more than that and my doctor is satisfied.

Cate, constipation on LC? I didn't know that happened to anyone. Need to up your green veggies or fiber? I have a friend who uses ground flaxmeal daily and she swears by it helping her be regular. You're welcome for the recipes. Happy to read that you can contribute to our low carb thread when you have time.

For those who missed it, we started a low carb thread in the Food Talk forum and we welcome contributions of recipes.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post86438

Last edited by Mern; 07-30-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Cate, constipation on LC? I didn't know that happened to anyone. Need to up your green veggies or fiber? I have a friend who uses ground flaxmeal daily and she swears by it helping her be regular. You're welcome for the recipes. Happy to read that you can contribute to our low carb thread when you have time.
Mern, I am eating a lot of salad greens and as much flax meal as I could within the 20-25 net carbs, also taking metamucil AND sennacot and still only going 1x/week - definitely not often enough and darned uncomfortable too! I'm sure the meds have something to do with it, so I am going to see if this slightly modified VLC will help at all - I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey, I know it's easier said than done, but just hang in there. You know what to do and how to do it, and soon your body will respond by showing you a lower number on the scale. You have nice goals set up to try to get back into the weight loss mode again.

Cate, wow! Wish I had another idea, but you're already doing all I can think of. I hope the VLC DOES help! Best wishes!

OK, I may not be back on here again until Friday. Leaving in the morning for our two day getaway--got laundry to do before I can pack. Y'all be good while I'm gone.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck, Cate! Sometimes it takes a bit of tweaking to get things working just right. How many grams of fiber are you getting a day? Certain meds can definitely affect it. Be sure to drink, drink, drink, too.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mern...

Have a fantastic trip! We'll miss you .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.