Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice?? >

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Community
Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, good luck. I am sure I am in the same boat...worse, but I'm still afraid to get on the scale! Truth be told, I've been careless since the holidays. Hopefully all of us longtimers who are struggling can turn this ship around. I still find it very curious that those of us who have hit or gotten close to the two year mark started having struggles.

I remember Deanna on here a long time ago watching her fat grams. She used to have no more than ten a day and she lost a lot of weight and looked fantastically healthy. I think it's a workable plan if you read your labels and stay away from the "low fat" advertising craze...oftentimes, you'll find more carbs, since they add in sugar to make up for the lost fat taste and texture.

It's interesting to me how we all find our niche of what works best for us. We have low-carbers, low-fatters, and...well, I was going to say more balanced, but that doesn't exactly sound right .
Old 07-31-2012, 01:51 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, here ya go.

H&F (health & fitness)
1) HBD (hot breffkiss, daily) yes
2) GWAD (gallon of water a day) yes
3) W3x (workout 3 times) off
4) L2# (lose 2 pounds) 182.8
5) NMT2SORC (no more that 2 servings of rum cake) 1.5

OG (other goals)
6) 2RAKs (2 random acts of kindness) 0
7) W2P (write 2 policies) 0
8) COS (clean out shed) no
9) DGABRWCOS (don't get attacked by rats while cleaning out shed) see#8
Old 07-31-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

ok i'm in. still at the shore on vacay so i haven't read read posts and my computer is glitchy so you may not hear from me again til thursday. but i have managed to stay low carb and am back down to around my lowest - a bit over: 133.6. so i guess i have been "nice." my two "cheats": 4 oz diet soda and cheese. so my goals:

1) low carb baby; i'm feeling better fibro wise: yup
2) be a strretchy mama: yup
3) exercise or walk 3x: walked
4) avoid aspartame: a few sips thank u DH for nagging me
5) be nice because as a sign here says: nice counts:yup
Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: over a gallon!,
2. Walk on lunch at least 4 times M: 2 miles,
3. Workout (nights count too) at least 4 times M: yes 54mins,
4. Walk dogs once before work (surely I can manage that) M: No,
5. 5 fruits & veggies a day M: 7,
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 230.0lbs, T: 231.0lbs, Change this week: +1.0lbs

Life Goals ...
1. Limit talking about weight loss (been told I have been nagging) M: Yes,
2. A little extra effort on the housework goes a long way M: None extra,
3. Keep paperwork done daily at work M: Yes, T: Done already too,

I have come to notice that during TOTM that I feel like I get a pass to snack at night on whatever I find in the cupboard, fridge, freezer, etc. It also leaves me in a bit of a funk for a few days. So what was yesterday but the start of that time. I have resolved with myself that I will not be doing this every month for the rest of my life so I need to get a grip on it.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Just popping on in a rare moment of having the computer to say hi! I've been trying to keep up with the thread on my phone, but it's tiny and tedious. Looks like the trolls are here till August 11th. Then I have to kick it into high gear. Get my diet/exercise straightened out, clean/disinfect my house, figure out what's actually left in the pantry/freezer - and my bank account! Applied for a cashier job at a hardware store today. Would be nice to end this crap pile of a summer with a job!

I hope you're all doing well. I miss you guys!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Goals
70 oz H2O/day: Y, Y
Cals 1500 or less: Y, so far so good.
No food after dinner (small piece of chocolate allowed). Y
Gym 2x this week. Monday
Eat breakfast. Y, Y
Brush my hair (ok - I need some easy green here). Y, Y
And my teeth (more won’t hurt either!). Y, Y
Feed the dog (now I am getting really desperate)! Y, Y
Clean out 1 drawer/day – the clutter is getting out of hand! Sort of... I dug to the back of a bathroom drawer to clean stuff out and found a favorite nail polish that had been missing for a long time. So I painted my toes instead... but did throuw a few things away.

Ama
5’6”
Goal + 1.4lbs
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

Hope, so glad to see you’re feeling better – a little sun and sand can’t hurt! Enjoy your vacay!

Nobe, good luck on the job front. I’m rooting for you. 11 days and counting…..

Ama, Loved your goals! Gave me a good chuckle, and hey, some days you just need to have SOME positive going on!

Had another crazy calorie day, but my carbs are down and my fibre is up, so I’m calling it even! Here are my stats for the day.

Calories <1200: M: 1560; T: 1500
Protein =30%: M: 22%; T: 26%
Fat =60%: M: 60%; T: 65%
Carbs =10%: M: 18%; T: 9%
Net Carbs: M: 51.4; T: 20.1
Fibre >15g: M: 20.4; T: 15
Water +60 oz: M: 55 (close enough!); T: 75
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't get my walk in tonight because I spent the evening at my mom's doing yard work. (Counting that as exercise.) Daughter came through with a veggie delivery tonight... She's testing my cooking knowledge with some of them, though... parsnips, eggplant, kohlrabi. (I think she's trying to play "Stump The Band" lol) Tonight's load included yellow watermelon, cantaloupe, green and yellow beans, red potatoes, tomatoes, 3 kinds of peppers, sweet corn and beets. No reason not to meet my fruits and veggies goal now!

Spent the day trying to figure out college stuff... banking, address changes, etc. Although I feel guilty saying this, I'm very ready to be an "empty-nester". Cleaning the same rooms several times a day is getting old. Can't complain. The kid is working two jobs to sock away spending money for the winter months, so I'll keep my mouth shut and just keep following her around with a cleaning bucket, I guess... lol. 25 days until she moves out, but who's counting.

Tuesday:

1. Calories under 1200.
980, 1125 (carb heavy)
2. Drink more! (Wine doesn't count, quinn...) Ok, Yes
3. Walk every day... NO LAME EXCUSES! Yes, Did yard work instead.
4. At least one fruit or vegetable with each meal... total basics! Yes, Yes
5. No breads with breakfast or lunch; limited at supper. None, None
Old 07-31-2012, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hello, one and all! Spent 3+ hours outside in the gardens and yard, mulching, weeding, and sometimes just enjoying! Mostly working, but I made sure to smell the flowers...that works as meditation for me! Numbers were pretty good - had a bit of a shaky moment when Dh requested blueberry pancakes and bacon for supper! But found the low carb pancake recipe, and made it for me (with blueberries), while the hubby and kids had the high-test recipe.

Calories: 1,558 Fat: 104.4g Carbs: 51.2g Protein: 108.9g

Don't know if the attachments will work, but just wanted to share what keeps me busy:

garden 2012.JPG

garden 2012a.JPG

IMG_3500 - Copy.JPG

Haven't forgotten the pickle recipes - gotta get them typed up so I can post them on the low carb recipe thread.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-31-2012, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=ToriD1012;86535]Today was a better day, still crazy busy though. Haven't had a chance to catch up yet, sorry y'all!!
H&F

1) No crying: just stress crying, nothing of importance, none
2) 4 days of no smoking (choose wisely): jajajajajajajajajajajajajaJA, ummmmmm
3) Log everything: yes. even activities, which I haven't been doing. yes
4) 100oz of water a day: 41.8, 101.4
5) 3000 calorie deficient: -1226, -998 (-2224 so far)
6) Exercise for 150 minutes total: 0, 0

OG
7) Do domething nice for a family member: yes
8) Do something nice for a stranger: not yet, nope
9) Think before speaking: yes, yes

Super sleepy and have a headache, going to bed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.