Notices

7.30.12 Motivational Thread... Have You Been Naughty or Nice??

Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Comforting knowing we are all in this together!
I AGREE!

I get so much out of this board, I just have to make it a point to take the time to be more active. Ever since work got crazy, I've been making the wrong priorities, but having this outlet worked so well for me before. It is an amazing, supportive community and it has never let me down when I've needed a solution, a new perspective, or a shoulder to lean on.

So, all of us in scale denial who are going to rock this week, bring it on!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
This is EXACTLY how I feel! How can I move on to goals that are more difficult when I can't even master the the most basic ones??
Yes, and doesn't it make you NUTS??? I keep asking myself, How hard is this, really??? Aaargh!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Comforting knowing we are all in this together!
It is. I met my goal two years ago, but have been really struggling to keep focused for the past 6 months. Desperately trying to hold on before I slip back to where I started. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that this is a life-long process. Just meeting your goal isn't enough; it's what you do with your life after that.

It's back to "Boot Camp" for me! Time to quit hitting the snooze alarm and become serious again about nutrition and exercise.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

I'll join in on the "naughty" list this time. I baked 5 dozen banana chocolate chip cookies on Saturday morning. I have been doing so well with this that I didn't expect a problem. I only tasted the batter twice (little tastes even). Took 2 dozen to hubby's work (I love spoiling those guys!) and ate one cookie myself. Figured out the recipe and it was @ 80 cals per cookie. Not bad as cookies go. (Subway cookies that I usually make are 170 cals per cookie!) I was done eating them and felt good about it until....Saturday night. I ate 5 more! With a cup of 1% milk! Where did that even come from? I didn't even bother sitting down with them. Just ate them straight from the container in the kitchen while I stood there with my milk. Ugh! ... Oh well on to better things. I did awesome Sunday again and spent 2 hrs walking the dogs and enjoying watching an agility / obedience event at the local park with them. They were such good girls visiting with as many other dogs & people as they could. I am up .8 lbs today from yesterday but I can live with it since it is down 2.8 from last Monday. I'm back on plan and will stay that way again. I have a very strong determination to make it under 200 by Christmas. That is 30lbs and I have high hopes of reaching that goal early!

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz water daily
2. Walk on lunch at least 4 times
3. Workout (nights count too) at least 4 times
4. Walk dogs once before work (surely I can manage that)
5. 5 fruits & veggies a day
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 230.0lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Limit talking about weight loss (been told I have been nagging)
2. A little extra effort on the housework goes a long way
3. Keep paperwork done daily at work
Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

I looked... 182.8
Old 07-30-2012, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Tori accuses me of being full of acronyms, I figured I'd give her a laugh today.

I decided to make my goals.

H&F (health & fitness)
1) HBD (hot breffkiss, daily)
2) GWAD (gallon of water a day)
3) W3x (workout 3 times)
4) L2# (lose 2 pounds)
5) NMT2SORC (no more that 2 servings of rum cake)

OG (other goals)
6) 2RAKs (2 random acts of kindness)
7) W2P (write 2 policies)
8) COS (clean out shed)
9) DGABRWCOS (don't get attacked by rats while cleaning out shed)
Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Tori accuses me of being full of acronyms, I figured
1) HBD (hot breffkiss, daily)
Haha! I read this as a hot brief kiss daily and was hoping you get more than that!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Okay ladies, we've been talking about doing a "meet and greet"... well now's your chance!!

***March 24,2013*** This notice far enough so y'all can schedule your work schedule and lives around it! So what that means is if you don't show up, you suck!

Who's in for the meet and greet and maybe a little 1/2 marathon fun? Even if you don't run it I expect you to at the very least be waiting at the finish line cheering me on as I whip Tori!

Mike - in and doing the race
Tori - in and doing the race
mh - in and doing the race
Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Haha! I read this as a hot brief kiss daily and was hoping you get more than that!
Even when GF is pissed at me, I never get just a brief kiss... I have dogs! You should know the I get more kisses than I could ever want.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default Goals for Tori

H&F

1) No crying
2) 4 days of no smoking (choose wisely)
3) Log everything
4) 100oz of water a day
5) 3000 calorie deficient
6) Exercise for 150 minutes total

OG
7) Do domething nice for a family member
8) Do something nice for a stranger
9) Think before speaking

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-30-2012 at 04:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.