Community
Notices

20 years old 50 pounds to lose

Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

It's so great to see people in the same boat as me. I also have 50 lbs to go, and am just getting started. I signed up for several 5K's- I plan to do one a month, even if I have to walk a lot. I am going to build up, and keep running all summer, culminating in a 10K in September. I've never liked to run - my motto is "Run only when chased," but if it doesn't grow on me by Sept, I will give it up.
FitDay is great b/c when you enter your food, it is an undeniable visual snapshot. I have done weight watchers, and liked it, but entering your food on the puter and having it spit out a graphic makes it more like a game.
I am excited to get to know all of you!
SJ
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Heidi,
I completely understand what you mean. I don't see my boyfriend much (conflicting work schedules), so we try to save Sundays as 'our day', but he doesn't think about what he eats or how much or how often. I have to really watch myself to keep from going too overboard (even if it means I make myself eggs and toast for breakfast and make him buttery french toast and bacon). Maybe you could ask the hubby to find healthier options in his dishes and to work in leaner meats, more veggies, and whole grains. It's easier than making two completely different meals, plus you'll all benefit from eating a little healthier. Buy some cookbooks, research recipies online, take a proactive approach and ask for some support.

And don't forget, we're here when you need it!

By the way, how is everyone else doing with the weight loss? Being held accountable to others will keep you on the straight and narrow.