Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious! >

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Community
Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, almost bedtime, so here are today's results.

Fitness:
-Stay within calorie limits. Yes, 598.
-Keep my pie chart WAY more yellow than purple. (Carbs are my mega weak spot) Only 14% Carbs, and even those came from fruit.
-Work out at least 3 days (Preferably 4). NO EXCUSES. Yes, worked my butt off!
-Much more water, and cut down tea. Kinda failed, 2 water bottles, then I ran out, and drank tea the rest of the night...

Other:
-Keep up with laundry (I washed a mountain this weekend, and do not want to let it go that long ever again!) I folded laundry, so I'm gonna say that counts.
-Get the baby in bed by 9:30 and myself in bed by 10:30. Its 10:18, so if I hurry there's still time!

Total truth, I have been scared to join this thread for a long time, but I'm super glad I did. Thank you everyone for making me feel welcome and at ease. Goodnight all!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Kayla, well done today! Aw, I'm sorry you were scared to join our thread--but I'm so glad you finally did. None of us here are perfect. And I haven't run into even one judgmental person in our group, either. When we fall, we just pick ourselves up and start over.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, I'm glad you were able to finish your workout at the gym. The next one will be easier, still.

Hi nobe, how are things with the trolls? I've been out of the loop.

I caught a half hour nap this afternoon, literally not able to keep my eyes open. However, that only brings my total for 24 hours to 5, so I am taking the melatonin and hitting they hay!

1. Calories below 1300. Yes
2. Balance pie chart and follow my rules. Yes
3. Drink 2 blue bottles or 3 clear bottles of water daily. Yes
4. Log everything and post daily. Yes
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. 3-4 fruits and veggies per day (I'm stealing ). Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. Sleep 7 hours, at least, per night. Not even close!
9. Exercise 6 hours total this week. 75 min.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow Hi you all! I'm not giving up . . . I shall persevere . . .

Mern, thanx for your concern. I'm honored that I was missed. You make my heart warm & fuzzy. This group truly, truly is the best. By the way, I did finish off our challenge eons ago . . ..

I'm totally amazed at all of you who stick it through, keep going & overcome great obstacles.

Brief Update: I had lots of things happening, but still loooove this site. I gained 2 pounds on my last Dr. (well, nurse practioner) visit, but they were impressed that I stayed down from where I was. Due to physical "challenges" I had to back down on my walking. I'm now better than I was & so now can do 1 mile at a time. . . so frustrating.

SO here goes . . . . .

FOCUS
*Thankful Journal - Entry daily . . .x5

INTAKE
*Log nutrition . . . daily x5
*Vit . . . daily x5

TRAIN
*Walk 1 mile. . . daily x4
*Free Weights . . . x2

Sundays are still my "off" days, but within reason.

I may not be the best at keeping up right now. But hopefully soon will be back to a better me with more energy. Cheers to all!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 PM
FitDay Member

I have had a pretty good day today, I tried out a beginner zumba video that a friend loaned to me. I managed about 25 minutes before falling in a heap, wow it's fast! I reminded myself to get up every half hour and move around. cut back a bit on coffee and kept within my calories. I did eat a lot more carbs today than I planned. I do know how that happened though, it is all about needing to be more organised... a common theme for me. I will work on it.

MERN: thankyou for the welcome
Everyone: I look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully we can all support each other to get where we want to be.

*keep between 1200 and 1350 calories yes

*keep my pie chart balanced, at least 30% protein from a healthy source.no, way too many carbs today. I need to be more organised! I forgot to defrost meat for dinner today and ended up making pasta. Still within calories though

*switch some of my coffees for tea ( I drink A LOT of coffee, more since I gave up coke) yes! I only had 2 coffees today, a big change.

*Keep an eye on my sodium intake (fitday is great for helping me see what nutrients I am not getting enough of and what could be reduced)still a bit high

*Go to my first Bootcamp session at the gym next Wednesday.

*Next time my 7 year old daughter asks me to do something physical with her, do it instead of making excuses. It will not kill me to get up 15 minutes earlier and walk some of the way to school while she rides her bike. If it is cold - wear a jumper. if it is wet - take an umbrella and a raincoat. If it is not possible to do the activity she is asking for- find a physical activity that is possible and get up and do it!well, she didn't ask... but I did race her through the school playground and to the car!

life goals-

focus on my assignment this week, don't leave it to the last minute. hmmmmmm not enough today,

remind myself that I am blessed with good friends and a loving familyYES

Be a bit more organised in the morning and get everyone off to school and work on time everyday! better today than yesterday and tomorrow will be better again
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Hi luv, so good to see you back! Sorry to hear you've had some challenges, but I know you can push past and persevere.

Nichaleh, welcome! Looks like you are making some good progress on your goals.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I pitted cherries today, too. It looked like a crime scene; there was cherry juice all over the place!

I found a load of healthier recipes for using summer fruit, Quinn...I will see if I can post the link. I think it was from Eating Well but I can't recall. I have a ton of them on my "to try" list.
I laughed so hard when I read that you were pitting cherries at the same time! I have a homemade cherry-pitter made from an old fork that it my all-time favorite... much quicker and better than anything that you can buy.

My husband came in the door from work last night, saw me working at the counter with my homemade "surgical" instrument, purple rubber medical gloves and the red "bloodbath" of pits and asked who the "unlucky patient" was! lol

Actually, the jam is cooking now and it smells amazing!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cherry Jam!!!

I tell ya, great minds think alike! I did a batch of cherry preserves this past Saturday - tried something different - added a bit of cognac, letting the alcohol evaporate, and it added an incredible flavor! The bottle of Courvoisier was just collecting dust, anyhow - might as well get something useful out of it (besides a touch of hangover).
Old 07-24-2012, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Nichaleh, I have been struggling with a very similar problem with carbs. And a lot of it was being unaware, i would log everything at the end of the day and that entire pie chart would be purple. And I'd be going "How did this happen?! I thought I was doing so good!"
What has worked for me is either the night before or first thing in the morning, I put in at least my breakfast and my lunch, sometimes dinner too. And if it is too heavy on carbs or fat, I make adjustments until its not anymore. It helps me because my day is already planned out and I don't have to really think about it, and I know that I'm not going to surprise myself at the end of the day when I log in.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, our motel is in Grayling (about 1 1/2 hr. south of Mackinaw City) but if we have time after Mackinac Island I'll see if the others want to stop in Mackinaw on the way back to the motel. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna eat what I want, but do you know of any good places on the island where my friend could get a healthful lunch? She's got all kinds of dietary restrictions for health reasons including having had her gall bladder removed. I looked on the Internet for dining guides. Except for the more upscale or more pricey restaurants and hotels, it looks like mostly burgers, BBQ and hot dogs. Any ideas? What was fun--pitting the cherries or making the jam? It is kinda fun making the slit on the cherries and popping them out. Kinda theraputic when you think of it as the head of someone with whom one is annoyed. (I had to giggle that after I typed that--I went to see if there were any more posts and Cassie said it looked like a crime scene after she pitted cherries. LOL You really know how to make raspberry liqueur? Sounds yummy!
We try not to have our main meals on the island because it tends to be very pricey for what you get. Some of the restaurants in Mackinaw City will prepare a picnic-type box lunch for you to bring across on the ferry. A picnic on Mackinaw Island is heavenly. That is a good way to take care of any dietary restrictions, as well. I've provided a link for local restaurants. By contacting them ahead of time, they can have such a lunch ready for you. Healthy food choices are extremely difficult on or off the island. It's mostly, as you say, touristy, high calorie foods. There are several places that I saw offering local fish, but most were in the form of "fish and chips".

Mackinaw City Restaurants: Check out 1,504 reviews on 27 restaurants

And, yes, I make my own raspberry liqueur and limoncello that I use for "hostess gifts" and for our own after dinner use. It takes a long time, but it's worth it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.