Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious! >

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Community
Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

w00t w00t, Luv is back!!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Goals? Oh My....

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes,
2. 5 different fruits/veggies daily M: Yes (like 7-8),
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day this week M: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch M,T,Th & F (appt on W) M: Yes,
5. Weigh and post daily M: 232.8lbs, T: 232.0lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Do work paperwork every day M: Yes,
2. 20 day review & dr appt for son Weds
3. Find something positive each day (been focusing on some negative stuff so stealing this goal) M: My hubby rode the bike to come see me on my lunch break and I still got to walk 1-1/2 miles. We are in such an awesome place with each other right now.

Wow, a full "pink" day yesterday. It's been a while since I didn't miss a single goal. As I said above my hubby and I are in an awesome place right now. We are very much in love ... emotionally and physically It feels good after so many months of doing for everyone else to have everything running so smoothly. ....I have to go to the 'school' tomorrow for a review of son's progress and see his psychiatrist. So we shall see how smoothly that aspect is running. I know at home he is mostly just like having any other kid around. He still likes to push limits but we can deal with that. Oh and he has been given back his computer and phone after the misuse incidents.

I don't want to thank each of you individually because I am sure to miss someone but THANK YOU all for your comments on the dress. I actually tried on tops in 1x this weekend while shopping and while they did fit none were in a style that I fell in love with so I ended up buying 2x tops to get the style that I wanted. Had they had the 2x tops in 1x I would have bought them. This is down from hating how small, tight, bunchy, short, etc that 3x-4x tops were almost 1-1/2 yrs ago.

Mern... You will get back to it. If anyone knows how to do it, it is you! Your weekend trip sounds lovely. .... Thank you for commenting on my legs. They are one of my favorite parts of my body besides my hair & eyes. I have taken to mostly wearing skirts to work lately too. Pants always feel so baggy on my legs since my belly area hasn't caught up with them yet. I am so working on killing this stomache though. I feel like in the past week or so that I have made some real progress in that area.

Kayla ... Welcome! Your goals are anything but weak. They look great to me... Your calories were very low yesterday. Was that on purpose?

Cassie ... My ink will most likely happen next weekend. Hubby works every other weekend and this one coming is a work weekend for him. I want him to be with me so unless we do it after work it will wait until the next weekend. ... Don't you just love those special weekends where you get time with your hubby and everything just feels so right? I know I do.

Joanna ... Wow girl. You have lots of stress right now. I hope it all sorts itself soon. Good for you for realizing that eating poorly will only add to your not feeling well.

Mike ... Nice goals. They look vaguely familiar.

Nobe ... Even if you can't log just keep doing what you know. You know how to do this. Don't let those little trolls win by making you not take care of yourself.

Judi ... Oh the sarcastic attitude. I have to be so careful. I take on a role at work where I am a no nonsense girl who commands respect from the men in my work area. It's even been commented on by the head supervisor (a male) how all the men just do what I tell them to. But I have to be super careful not to carry it over to home because it DOES NOT work with my hubby. LOL He is very alpha male and I love to let him protect and care for me but if I give him that attitude it doesn't go over very well at all.

Nichaleh ... Welcome to the group! I especially love your goal with regards to your daughter. I wish I had the thought to do what I am doing now when my kids were younger. I feel that I missed so much of their youth just vegging out in front of the tv. ... I also started out with a sodium goal. You will be surprised how much of a difference it makes when you get it in control.

Hope ... How are you this week? I didn't see any goals for you yet?

Quinn ... LOL @ your crime scene! I'm sure I would make a total mess of them too and I probably wouldn't have the forethought to wear gloves so I'd be stained for a week.

Luv .... Welcome Back! I have missed your smilies and cheerfullness!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nichaleh
I have had a pretty good day today, I tried out a beginner zumba video that a friend loaned to me. I managed about 25 minutes before falling in a heap, wow it's fast! I reminded myself to get up every half hour and move around. cut back a bit on coffee and kept within my calories. I did eat a lot more carbs today than I planned. I do know how that happened though, it is all about needing to be more organised... a common theme for me. I will work on it.
Hi there! I was here, then missing in action, and now back. Good to have you here. Zumba sounds so fun, you're brave for doing 25 minutes! I love your goal with your 7-yr old. That's a great relational goal as well. That would be a great goal for me.
-----
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi luv, so good to see you back! Sorry to hear you've had some challenges, but I know you can push past and persevere.
Thank you!
------
Originally Posted by quinnesec
My husband came in the door from work last night, saw me working at the counter with my homemade "surgical" instrument, purple rubber medical gloves and the red "bloodbath" of pits and asked who the "unlucky patient" was! lol

Actually, the jam is cooking now and it smells amazing!
Ha! HA! This is too funny!
-------------
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
w00t w00t, Luv is back!!!!!
Awwwww .... Thank you. I refuse to give up regardless of what comes into my path.
----------------------------

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Goals? Oh My....

Life Goals...
1. Do work paperwork every day M: Yes,
2. 20 day review & dr appt for son Weds
3. Find something positive each day (been focusing on some negative stuff so stealing this goal) M: My hubby rode the bike to come see me on my lunch break and I still got to walk 1-1/2 miles. We are in such an awesome place with each other right now.

Luv .... Welcome Back! I have missed your smilies and cheerfullness!
You make me all smiles. Thank you bunches. I'm sooooo happy for you to be in a good place with your hubby right now. So sweet.

Last edited by fit4luv; 07-24-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

I'm here, but just to SAY I'm here.

I just VERY quickly skimmed the posts. I'll be back later. So far behind this morning. It's almost 2:00PM and I haven't even eaten breakfast yet!

Quinn, thanks for that restaurant review link! I didn't see that one. The picnic is a fantastic idea! We're likely taking our son's van and have fridges in our room, so we could even pack our own picnic in the morning. We have large shoulder insulated bags that would be perfect for toting a picnic lunch. Sounds even more fun and economical as well. But I still want to pick a few places to find a snack later.

Gonna make myself exercise and then shower before allowing myself back on the computer.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Wanted to jump on and do this before I forgot; will be back to catch up later.

For all of us swimming in fresh fruit, I came across some recipes that look worth trying (with careful planning of cals and macros, of course ).

Cherry Raspberry Buckle Recipe - Delish.com

Stone Fruit Bars Recipe - Delish.com

This one is a slideshow with a lot of recipes in it:

Healthy Summer Dessert Recipes | Eating Well
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Working at a food supply company has it's added benefits. When our warehouse damages cases so they can't ship out to restaurants they send them to our outlet store. This week we scored big time on frozen veggies. 2lb bags of peas and broccoli/cauliflower/carrots for $.75 and 20lb bulk packed cauliflower and broccoli for $5. Heck yeah! I loaded up on that.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, Luv! Sorry to hear you've had challenges, but it's good to see you here!

Cassie - trolls will be trolls. I haven't been updating much because I don't have much computer time, but also it's just the same old, same old. Just hiding out in my bedroom waiting for them to go home. Thanks for asking, though
Old 07-24-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

April - you're right, it feels like letting them win if I stop taking care of myself. I've already let a bunch of stuff go by the wayside (finances, housekeeping) but I won't let them fatten me up! I'm going to start everything fresh when they leave; right now I'm trying to focus on the basics, and also on avoiding panic attacks. I've had anxiety problems that come and go pretty much my whole life, and now's one of those times. Every day feels like waiting for the next big problem, the next big fight, the next bang or slam or broken thing, and my heart's always pounding. Ugh. At least I get 6 hours a day when they're at camp - for the rest of the week.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Oh im tired today- me and the kids took advantage of the hot weather and walked to the shopping centre- its the furthest ive ever walked and even decided to walk it back too- which was uphill! My feet are very sore now but im so proud of myself for not being lazy and getting the bus. The kids were zapped but its not something i will do all the time with them because it was pretty far- took us about 80 mins there and the same back!

I think i was punishing myself for having 2 little chocolate bars yesterday when i know i shouldnt have. Plus i want to exercise at every opportunity.
Dinner was yummy- grilled turkey breast, potato, broccoli- ive started doing my veg in the steamer now but i forgot to check on it and all the water went and the bottom of it has burned so badly that i have to throw it away!!! Still ate the veg even though it had a burnt taste to it just from the steam- told the kids it was smoky veg and they still ate it. Had to throw alot of it away though cos it wasnt that nice to go back for seconds!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I'm here, but just to SAY I'm here.

I just VERY quickly skimmed the posts. I'll be back later. So far behind this morning. It's almost 2:00PM and I haven't even eaten breakfast yet!

Quinn, thanks for that restaurant review link! I didn't see that one. The picnic is a fantastic idea! We're likely taking our son's van and have fridges in our room, so we could even pack our own picnic in the morning. We have large shoulder insulated bags that would be perfect for toting a picnic lunch. Sounds even more fun and economical as well. But I still want to pick a few places to find a snack later.
Glad you liked it! You'll find many amazing places for picnicking on the island. The ferry that you will catch to get to the island is right in downtown Mackinaw City, so no further driving is required to catch both locations. With the money that you will save on lunch, you can take a romantic carriage ride around the island!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.