Notices

7/23/12 Motivational Group Thread--Let's Get Serious!

Old 07-23-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

I really have to get serious this week. I'm way up on the scale. I have gained at least 5 lbs. since my May 22 medical checkup and I'm not retaining water. I used the midwest USA heat wave as an excuse to slack off exercise. Now I'm having back pain from just standing for 15 minutes. I don't know how long I could walk without pain. So I'm headed to the gym to find out how much treadmill I can do--gonna try to do half an hour.

Quinn, so glad you had such a great time in Mackinaw. This maybe isn't the place to say it, but I think one deprives herself/himself of the full experience of such a trip by not taking a couple days off from regular healthful eating to enjoy the "destination cuisine."

Cassie, wishing you some good exercise. Let us know what you chose. Best wishes on your greatest hits list.

Tracey, fabulous job on the exercise and on losing even more weight!

April! You look fantastic in that dress! Your being close to 100 lbs. lost is simply THRILLING! Can't wait to see THAT announcement.

My goals this week are same as always--will post them later. This week includes a new one though--not even one cheat--not even a nibble.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Is it ok if I join you? I'm in need of some extra motivation and some friends who are going through some of the same things I am. I come from a family of primarily large people, and no one is understand why I would want to do anything to change that. Seriously? Anywho, goals for this week:

Fitness:
-Stay within calorie limits.
-Keep my pie chart WAY more yellow than purple. (Carbs are my mega weak spot)
-Work out at least 3 days (Preferably 4). NO EXCUSES.
-Much more water, and cut down tea.

Other:
-Keep up with laundry (I washed a mountain this weekend, and do not want to let it go that long ever again!)
-Get the baby in bed by 9:30 and myself in bed by 10:30.

Wimpy though it may seem, that's all I have for this week. Also, what is everyone's vote on the usefulness of a food scale? I really want one, but do not want to spend the money if they are not helpful.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

April, your dress is very pretty and extremely flattering. I'm glad you had such a good experience clothes shopping . I was thinking about you this morning wondering if you were getting your ink yet...soon!

Tracey, wonderful job! Your excitement is contagious! Congrats on your hard work.

Mern, best of luck to you. We are here to cheer you on! Let us know how it goes. You got this . I did the shorter trail...about 1.25 hours...it's already well into the 80s and very muggy, so I'm glad I made the choice I did.

Kayla, welcome! We love new folks to join . It can get a little crazy; just participate at whatever level you're comfortable. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Quinn, sounds like your weekend was terrific and full of memories. Enjoy your upcoming trek as well...especially the "me" time!

Come to think of it, I had a wonderful weekend, too, also due to spending all of it with hubby and (some of it) son. We did a couple home projects, went to the farmer's market, spent Saturday evening downtown trying a new restaurant and seeing the semis of the Atlanta Open...very exciting! Pretty much spent a lazy Sunday; did some shopping, watched a movie, drove with the boy. I haven't had to cook since Thursday since hubby had a business dinner and he and his co-worker were the only local attendees. His co-worker is a particular eater, so hubby brought home family style Italian leftovers of two salads, an appetizer, three entrees (fish, pasta, chicken), and dessert...literally three shopping bags full of food! So, not the greatest diet choice, but it was free and only needed reheating. I was careful the rest of the days .

Sounds like we all have some momentum to take into this week!
Old 07-23-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, sorry I bailed last week. Rough week with personal issues, still not resolved, but eating isn't going to change that, right? RIGHT! I think it's going to be one of those months where you just can't wait for it to be over. I've got this stupid personal stuff where I've become involved in a situation I just don't want to be involved in, but can't recuse myself because other people insist on involving me. Then, I move on the 9th (just to a different apartment), and then my candidacy exam on the 27th. Classes start back on the 29th. Blargh. The point is, my month will not be any better if I let myself eat crap - in fact, it will be worse! Now I just have to remember that...

April - you look awesome! For realz.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Here are my goals...
Originally Posted by quinnesec
4. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
5. Remember all vitamins and supplements.
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
4. Log everything and post daily.
5. Eat clean.
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
1. 100 oz water daily
3. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day this week
5. Weigh and post daily

Life Goals...
3. Find something positive each day (been focusing on some negative stuff so stealing this goal)

1. 3-4 fruits and veggies a day.
2. Remember all vitamins and supplements.
3. Log everything and post daily.
4. Eat clean.
5. 100 oz water daily
6. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day this week
7. Weigh and post daily

Life Goals...
8. Find something positive each day (been focusing on some negative stuff so stealing this goal)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-23-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Quinn, so glad you had such a great time in Mackinaw. This maybe isn't the place to say it, but I think one deprives herself/himself of the full experience of such a trip by not taking a couple days off from regular healthful eating to enjoy the "destination cuisine."
WHAT SHE SAID!!

I agree, in fact so much so that I brought home 9 bottles of "local cuisine" to enjoy during the winter months!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

WHAT SHE SAID!!

I agree, in fact so much so that I brought home 9 bottles of "local cuisine" to enjoy during the winter months!
Rum cake comes in bottles now?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

It's pretty impossible to log and report these days, but I'm still going to be here in spirit. Trying to eat right, keep moving, and drink lots of water. I don't know if I'll be down this week - I've had a couple of salty days - but I shouldn't be up. Stress is a great weight loss tool

April, you look awesome! Great job!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Kayla, welcome! Your goals aren't wimpy--quite admirable. On the usefulness of a food scale. I weigh and measure everything due to my way of eating and to help manage my blood sugar, triglycerides and cholesterol. I couldn't get along without it. Well worth the investment--I got mine off Ebay for only $20. How old is your baby? I well remember the mountains of laundry. My kids are now 35 and 32.

Cassie, thanks so much for your encouragement. I was surprised when I went to the Y today that I was able to do the whole half hour on the treadmill at level 4 difficulty and burned 211 calories. My back did hurt somewhat but I wasn't even close to having to cut the walk short. Kudos on your hike today in the muggy weather! Wow, your weekend sounds great!

Joanna, huge hug to ya as you work out your sticky personal situation, move to your new apartment, and get your candidacy work done. You are so wise to have thought of that--eating crap would just make things worse.

WHAT SHE SAID!!

Hey, Quinn, guess where I'm goin' next week--give you a hint. I'm gonna be a "fudgie." I wanted to go away this week or next for just a couple days but didn't know where. DH told me this morning his BFF said his wife wants to go somewhere for just a couple days but didn't know where. She suggested we go somewhere together, so I suggested Mackinac Island since it's just a nine hour drive. (I didn't know until today that Mackinac is pronounced in French the same as the city of Mackinaw. ) I'm gonna be really good on my exercise and food this week, enjoy the local cuisine on vacation, and then try to get right back on the wagon. We're driving up on the 31st, touring Mackinac on August 1, and coming home the 2nd.

I'll be back later--gonna do dinner.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, huge hug to you, too. Wishing you stress relief. Good to check in even if you don't have the time, energy, or desire to do a report.

I didn't log my food until this evening. I didn't eat any cheat food today and, surprisingly, my food accomplishments will be fairly well on target.

Last edited by Mern; 07-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.