FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7858-7-16-12-motivational-thread-have-ya-got-ya-well-have-ya.html)

canary52 07-16-2012 12:15 AM

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

:cool:
OK I will start:
1) Explore gentle yoga or mellow exercise class (new goal!) or walk or gym (old goal) at least 3x
2) meditate 20 minutes per day (newish) and one hour on Sat (new goal)
3) avoid sugar, it is NOT your friend
4) write 500 "real" work daily
5) one hour writing daily
6) fruits and veg
7) water yourself
8) if you cannot do it with a giving heart, don't do it
9) take Lysine for cold sore avoidance
10) take supplements

Did a "mini meditation retreat" in honor of my teacher Pema Chodron on Sat; amazing the results in terms of calming and centering. Did a free yoga class on the lawn outside my Town Hall, just happened to be driving by (to a free meditation that turns out is suspended for the summer), just happened to have a yoga mat I hadn't used in like 5 years in the trunk of the car. Moral: always have a yoga mat handy.

Nobe, good luck with the trolls.

Mike the sunrise man was selfish.

I don't know how to change the title of the thread but I should make it warmer, more welcoming, like 7/16 motivational...join me. So...join me?

quinnesec 07-16-2012 01:08 AM

I'm in!

Had a great weekend, diet and exercise-wise. Today may be a different story... it's supposed to be 98* and, without a/c, it's going to be tough to stay on track. I think today is our last really hot day for at least a week, so I can tough it out. Hot weather really gets to us up here just like cold temperatures are rough on those in the south. I think I'd gladly take below zero temps instead of 100* days! I get kind of claustrophobic in the heat. I need some fresh, cool, mountain air! :)

Weight is coming down albeit slowly. But, at least it went down over the weekend and not up, which is a HUGE improvement!

On to this week's goals:

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200.
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily.
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements.
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch.
6. Walk daily.

01gt4.6 07-16-2012 01:17 AM

Hope, he sure was.

Quinniepoo, congrats on the scale still moving!!

judipurple 07-16-2012 01:31 AM

I'm here! I am not as organized as y'all, so my list is rather short. But I would like to see myself:

>Stay on target with the numbers
>Do the 5K 3x or more a week, w/weights - darn wings!
>Every day spend time meditating and/or doing some 'mindful' breathing - 10+/- mins?
>Spend time outdoors in the gardens (that pile of mulch isn't done yet!)

Looked up motivation in the thesaurus - allow me to share (some made me chuckle) (Mike, some of these have your name on them!;)):
actuate, impel, drive, move, provoke, encourage, spur, urge, prod, goad, lash, whip:eek:, rouse, bestir, galvanize, needle, incite!

Whatever works!!!

cjohnson728 07-16-2012 01:47 AM

Morning, all :).

I'm in, and needing a serious week of getting back to good habits after vacation. I enjoyed the food but stayed pretty active as well. However, I still have my work cut out for me:

1. Calories below 1200.
2. Exercise a total of 6 hours this week.
3. Follow my pie chart rules.
4. Stay hydrated.
5. Sleep at least 7 hours.
6. Take vitamins and supplements.

7. Finish and put away all vacation laundry.
8. Scrub the fridge.
9. Call dentist and oral surgeon.

No work stuff this week; that has its own list...which I'm just about to go make. Have a great Monday, everyone!

cjohnson728 07-16-2012 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by judipurple (Post 85515)
I'm here! I am not as organized as y'all, so my list is rather short. But I would like to see myself:

>Stay on target with the numbers
>Do the 5K 3x or more a week, w/weights - darn wings!
>Every day spend time meditating and/or doing some 'mindful' breathing - 10+/- mins?
>Spend time outdoors in the gardens (that pile of mulch isn't done yet!)

Looked up motivation in the thesaurus - allow me to share (some made me chuckle) (Mike, some of these have your name on them!;)):
actuate, impel, drive, move, provoke, encourage, spur, urge, prod, goad, lash, whip:eek:, rouse, bestir, galvanize, needle, incite!

Whatever works!!!

Hi, Judipurple, a belated welcome to our thread. Just so you're forewarned, Mern is the one with the whip ;).

judipurple 07-16-2012 02:01 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Cassie, and for the 'warning' - well, the more the merrier when it comes to keeping me on the straight and narrow!:)

bojibridge 07-16-2012 02:07 AM

Hey folks! Back after my trip to Germany and the Czech Republic - had a great time :) Unfortunately, I erased a good 5 lbs of weightloss :( Oh well, these things happen. I'm looking to get back into things. Also, need to get back to the gym - my blood sugars are NOT happy when I'm not exercising. Anywho - I really missed you guys and your motivation! I'm going to post goals later.

canary52 07-16-2012 02:09 AM

Hi Judi, love that motivate check, too funny! Mern is a sweetie - she will "kill you with kindness." Except for Mike, she will kick his butt but he can take it.

Mike, I have heard of someone stealing your thunder but stealing your sunrise? That's low.

Quinn, I have to follow you; my scale numbers are going up!:( (gulp) Also I would rather warm than cold weather for these old bones but 100 degrees, which it will be here too, is just taking a good thing too far.

Cassie, welcome back! I should copy your "take supplemements" goals. Been lax on that. OK done.

Joanna, welcome back. I hear Mern has a whip so watch out!! Just kidding! We'll motivate you - in the best senses of that word.

01gt4.6 07-16-2012 02:13 AM

Judi, I love to poke! :) like Cassie said Mern can be vicious with the whip. :eek: