Notices

7/16/12 Motivational Thread: Have ya Got it in Ya... Well Have Ya?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Calories are way under today, so I may have to indulge in some low-fat frozen yogurt before my brain melts. lol I think it reached 102* today, which is something that I can do without. It wouldn't be bad if we were equipped for it, I guess. (Although being pain-free is pretty darn awesome!) When the day comes that I retire, it will most certainly be far south of the U.S. I've been lucky enough to have traveled to a lot of tropical places and can say for sure that life is too short to retire in "The Frozen Tundra", under 6 feet of snow! lol

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. Under
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily. Yes
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day. 5
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch. No
6. Walk daily. When it cools off tonight.

Personal:

1. Finalize itinerary for backpacking trip. Working on it.
2. Convince myself that it's ok for me to take a week off for selfish pleasure and that everyone will survive. lol Working on that, too.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Better late than never

Soooo today has been hectic. I was up 2 lbs this morning, but am not really surprised cause I ate like shit last week. Today hasn't been much better, but at least I logged everything

Goals for the week, cause the Good Lord knows I need them!

Health/Fitness
1: Log everything-yes
2: No more than 1400 calories/day-2122
3: At least 64 oz water daily, more is better!-67.6
4: P90X daily (except rest day on Sunday)-Kenpo
5: Don't stress about the scale!-eeehhhhh
6: 7000 deficit-(650)

Home/Life
1: DISHES!! There are lots of them, they need washing
2: Dr's appointment Tuesday
3: Eye appointment Wednesday
4: Take trash to the trash dump (silly I know, but I HATE doing it and it piles up on me)
5: Destress as much as possible!-yes

I've slacked the past couple of weeks, and the scale is showing it. I've decided to get back to what I was doing in the very beginning. I MUST eat better, this has been my biggest downfall. I MUST exercise daily. It's proven, when I don't the scale isn't kind. Back to basics....lots of lean meat and veggies. Veggies are my enemy. I don't like them. I can do salads, so there will probably be a LOT of grilled chicken salads

I am going to take some time tomorrow and catch up with everyone. Today has been a "Monday" and now that my workout is in, I am going to watch some tv while I look through my old food logs. I'm off the next two days because of the dr's appointments, so I should have plenty of time.

G'night Y'all!!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 07-16-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hope, I believe it is a half cup unless it is leafy greens; then it is a cup.

P. S., Your New Yawk is showing in the thread title !
Thanks for the info. That was my bad Clint Eastwood; where's he from? I prolly left out the "punk" as in "well punk do ya..." etc.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

I did horribly today--again.

"Fresh start tomorrow"--again.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
6: 7000 deficit-(927)

have you lost your mind?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow is a new day, Mern. Just watch out for the nut chucking squirrels is all I'm sayin'. I love your killing with kindness story... that stuff works. Thanks also for the info on the origin of the lb or the lub lol. Ddin't know that fact about libra.

Quinn, I am so with you on not retiring to the frozen tundra!!! How do you keep your calories so low?

Two pounds is not bad, Tori. I too have been trying to get more veggies in. Can you do baby carrots? And there are these little bell peppers you can just eat raw, not too bad. Also sugar snap peas, no cooking needed. Cucumbers? Hey I'm tryin'. You practically have to put a gun to my kid's head to get her to eat a veg but she likes sugar snap peas and baby carrots.

7000 cal deficit does seem like an awful lot.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52

Quinn, I am so with you on not retiring to the frozen tundra!!! How do you keep your calories so low?
When I'm doing "hard-core" dieting, I only eat fruits, veggies and lean protein during the day (tuna, etc.) and then a healthy, low-fat family dinner at night. But, like I've said, I was a vegetarian for 4 years, so it's not that hard for me. lol With my new veggie stand windfall, we've probably gone through 10 lbs. of fruits and veggies in the last 2 days (possibly more). I swear to God, this is the BEST job she has ever had! LOL
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Tori,

Have you ever tried adding fruits and nuts to your grilled chicken salad? I like to add pecans, almonds, craisins, strawberries, mandarin oranges, raisins, whatever I have on hand. A little raspberry vinaigrette... yum. Try trading out the chicken for shrimp or tuna to shake it up. That's a pretty typical lunch for me; some kind of protein mixed with fruits, veggies and nuts.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
have you lost your mind?
7000 cal deficit does seem like an awful lot.
haven't lost my mind. 7000 cal deficit is 2lbs...I got this, y'all calm down

Two pounds is not bad, Tori. I too have been trying to get more veggies in. Can you do baby carrots? And there are these little bell peppers you can just eat raw, not too bad. Also sugar snap peas, no cooking needed. Cucumbers? Hey I'm tryin'. You practically have to put a gun to my kid's head to get her to eat a veg but she likes sugar snap peas and baby carrots.
I don't get along with veggies. I can do all types of lettuce, corn, and beans. Carrots have to have ranch dressing, and it has to be full fat I can't do lite. And I'll eat any potato that you put in front of me. That's really about it....

Last edited by ToriD1012; 07-16-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hey Tori,

Have you ever tried adding fruits and nuts to your grilled chicken salad? I like to add pecans, almonds, craisins, strawberries, mandarin oranges, raisins, whatever I have on hand. A little raspberry vinaigrette... yum. Try trading out the chicken for shrimp or tuna to shake it up. That's a pretty typical lunch for me; some kind of protein mixed with fruits, veggies and nuts.
I add almonds from time to time. I can't do tuna or skrimp in a salad, it grosses me out for some reason I don't like a lot of fruits (go figure, fat chick who doesn't like good for her foods)...occasional apple, orange or grapes. I don't like berries at all, none of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.