Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-14-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

That's crazy, Mern! Maybe call back and talk to someone else?

I generally don't believe in astrology, but over the years I've come to believe in mercury in retrograde. That's when supposedly plans get screwed up, there's miscommunications, electronics break...basically life is just a lot more difficult. Whenever everything is confused and messed up I look it up, and lo and behold, mercury is in retrograde. It started yesterday (with a lead-up starting a couple weeks ago). No surprise that you're having difficulties with your credit card! I once had to re-book movers three times during mercury in retrograde because their computers screwed up. I would have been standing around waiting to move if I hadn't checked because I wasn't in their system at all...three times. That same move, the cable guy forgot about us three times, and when he finally showed up, screwed up the internet so we didn't have that for two weeks. Haha, now I'm just ranting about mercury in retrograde. But it's true! It's like when everyone seems crazy and you look it up and inevitably it's a full moon.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Well, Nobe, you're nicer than I am--blaming it on mercury in retrograde where I blame it on that customer service rep just being an idiot. We did call back, got the SAME representative, DH read the dates off the paper I gave him, and she removed the late payment charge. Your messed up mover scheduling and cable getting messed up was WAY more inconvenient and stressful. Mine was resolved in 10 minutes--I just can't stand dealing with people who are that illogical. What I SHOULD have done was to tell her I need to speak to her supervisor...
Old 07-14-2012, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
What I SHOULD have done was to tell her I need to speak to her supervisor...
Yep, yep, yep! I did this once with a clothes dryer. It was pretty new, but just out of warranty when it electrically shorted and caught my clothes on fire. I went to the store, didn't get satisfation, so I asked for his supervisor. Again, no satisfaction; asked for his supervisor's name and number. Same thing. I kept asking for the name and number of the supervisor at least 11 times until one woman laughed at me and said, "Well, I guess that would be the president of the company." With nothing to lose, I said, "That's fine" and she gave me his number. (The president of the whole freaking company!) I told him that if I hadn't been observant, a fire would have started destroying my home and possibly my entire family. He sent me a voucher for a new dryer, and then said, "Um, how did you get my number, anyway??" I gave him the name of the woman who laughed at me and I'm pretty certain that she's probably not employed there any more. lol
Old 07-14-2012, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, you win the prize for the best pursuit of fair business dealings! Way to go! I love your avatar. LOL

I haven't logged my food today and probably won't but I've been eating cleanly.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Here's what my day looked like yesterday: not too bad overall!

<1400 calories: M: 1738; T: 1437; W: 1443; T: 1725; F: 1371
Net Carbs < 20: M: 23.4; T: 29.7; W: 23.0; T: 52.1; F: 35.6
Water >64(oz): M: not even close; T: 28; W: ~28; T: 40; F: 75
exercise: M: nope; T: shopping, chores; W: no; T: no, again; F: Shopping, errands in +35 heat

Check in with you all later!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Nicely done, Cate!

Quinn, I forgot to comment you did well on your last report, too.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Well, the only thing I ate today that was green was some guacamole!

But, the numbers came in ok, so:

Calories: 1,450 Fats: 69.6g Carbs: 71.1g Protein: 135.6g

Went with Dh down into town for the Arts Festival - we walked in that hot sunshine for more than 2 hours (that counts as exercise in my book!), browsing the local talent, checking out the crafters at the vendors' area, even had (for my lunch) some Thai food (seasoned chicken on a skewer - won't tell you what DH called it!). Came home to laundry, then back out for some quick grocery shopping. All in all, a good day.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Had my first delivery from daughter's vegetable stand job. Peas, beans, red potatoes, melon, onions, corn, zucchini... This is the best job EVER!!! lol Still have to try the farm fresh eggs and watermelon. That will be in my next "order". I spent four years as a vegetarian, so this is like total heaven to me. Guess I have to forgive her for that ticket now! lol

Walked 3.5 miles in a nature preserve today. It was really peaceful. Lots of deer, loons, beaver, ducks, etc. I'd like to get there really early some morning (maybe around 6 a.m.) pack a backpack breakfast and some coffee and do the 5 mile trail. It's really different from where I usually hike. That area is pretty mountainous, wooded and challenging. The new area will be great on those days that I just need to unwind and not concentrate so much on footing and climbing.

Overall, I guess in the areas healthy eating and exercise, I can proudly place myself in the "Weekend Warrior" category; something which has eluded me for a long time.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quinniepoo, congrats on being a weekend warrior! What made you leave the vegetarian lifestyle??
Old 07-14-2012, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Kudos to both Judi and Quinn for your wonderful accomplishments this weekend.

Quinn, nice windfall from the veggie stand!

Mike, I hope you're having a wonderful time in Florida.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.