Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7.9.12 Who's In?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
It's actually 'kraut, but I'll let it slide this time... LOL And no respectable person in my area would eat a hot dog when you could be eating a brat. (I actually have to start practicing my y'alls for a trip this fall.) There's different northern accents, too. NY is much different than mid-west north. The mid-west northern accent is mistaken for Canadian all the time. So here, it would go something like this... "Hey, you guys! Grab me some 'kraut for my brat, eh?"

In my section of the north it would be like "Hey Younz guys! Get me some 'kraut for this dog!" ... But in my house it would probably be "Woman....." you can guess the rest. LOL
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
It's actually 'kraut, but I'll let it slide this time... LOL And no respectable person in my area would eat a hot dog when you could be eating a brat. (I actually have to start practicing my y'alls for a trip this fall.) There's different northern accents, too. NY is much different than mid-west north. The mid-west northern accent is mistaken for Canadian all the time. So here, it would go something like this... "Hey, you guys! Grab me some 'kraut for my brat, eh?"
In Brooklyn when I was growin up, it would been like "Yo! Yas guys! Ya wanna get some mustid for this dawg here or what? What, ya think I'm gonna stand hear all day or what?" Think Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny, ya know what I mean?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100 oz water daily M: Yes, T: only 84oz,W: Yes, Th: over a gallon!,
2. 5 Fruits/Veggies daily M: Yes even if some of them were part of a huge sandwich!, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch (except Monday...lunch with the hubby ) M: Day off, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Exercise 3 times M: Nope, T: Nope, W: Yes (42mins), Th: Yep (30mins), F: Yep (30 mins),
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.0lbs, T: 237.4lbs (not bad considering how I ate yesterday), W: 235.4lbs (now to keep this number), Th: 235.4lbs, F: 235.2lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. Water houseplants (I neglect them) M: DONE!!
3. Keep laundry caught up, it felt good last week! M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Take compliments without putting myself down as a reply M: Yes, about 6 times today!, T: Yes, this one was hard today (see below), W: Yes, Th: Yep,

I was worried after yesterday's dinner of General Tso's chicken and homemade fried rice (white rice with scrambled eggs, peas, carrots, water chestnuts, bean sprouts & soy sauce) but I managed to not have a snack last night and dropped .2lbs this morning. The sodium was really scaring me as it usually puts me up the next day. Whew! Now my wonderful loving hubby is making wings for dinner tonight! I hope to hold my weight over the weekend but it's going to be hard. There are leftovers that need eaten from last night too.

Did another 30 mins of Zumba this morning. I think I may have to admit that Zumba is not the thing for me. I do work up a sweat and feel sore from the movement but I don't really feel in my mind like I did a workout. If anything I feel frustrated from not being able to do the movements correctly. I am anything but a latin dancer! LOL...Back to dumb bells and circuit training for me I think.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
In Brooklyn when I was growin up, it would been like "Yo! Yas guys! Ya wanna get some mustid for this dawg here or what? What, ya think I'm gonna stand hear all day or what?" Think Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny, ya know what I mean?
LOL Hope! I love it!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mmmm I could go for a chocolate frosty right now.
I knew mention of a Frosty would bring out Mike. I think Frosty, I think Mike.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
LOL Hope! I love it!!!
Whaddaya think I;m bs-ing ya? I aint bs-ing ya. I'm tellin ya the troot.

LOL, glad you like it. Sadly, I still sometimes sound like that (especially when I'm tired). In my emails I tell my friends we'll tawk soon. My DD who has been to Brooklyn like about three (or in Brooklynese tree) times still asks her friends out for "cawfee:" "Guys? Ya wanna go get cawfee? C'mon less get cawfee, awright?"

When I was serving dinner to one of her friend when the kids were younger, the girl told me very primly, "It's not paster, it's pasta." I said, "Yeah? Well where I come from it's macaroni." Another kid asked me what soder (soda) was. My daughter said, "Hey! She tawks like that cause she's from Brooklyn." and the kid asked (I swear), "Is that another country? I said, " Yeah, sorta."
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1650 cals max, 1664, 1764, way too many, 2334!!!
2) stretch every day, ? yes, yes, yes
3) some form of exercise 2x this week: no, no, no, no
4) 64 oz water: ?, 64, ? a lot of soda, not all diet, 8
5) one hour writing min 4x this week, no, YES real writing and editing, woo hoo, no, yes
6) try to stay sane: very difficult, YES Good day, depends on the definition but probably not. I did too much for someone who didn't even ask for it (DD) and then got angry it wasn't appreciated or even acknowledged. Which teaches me the lesson over and over don't do it if you can't do it with a full heart, expecting nothing. When will I learn?, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.True of diet, exercise (or lack thereof) and life. Th) sane exccept for the eating, heavy sigh.

I had been hovering between 133 and 135 and I am now up to 137. Been eating like crap, been feeling like crap. The insanity must stop. Today: sensible food, a walk or a trip to the gym That's it. Bull by the horns. Now.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I like a NY accent Hope. I like southern too though Mike & Tori. I also really like Australian. Hmmm, I think I just like accents!

I got this link on another site I go to and thought some of you might like a few of these shirts. Missfit Clothing - Designs for the Stronger woman I thought specifically of Mern who had a conversation once on here about being a lady in the streets..... LOL ... Maybe one day I'll have a body nice enough to wear a shirt like that.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Did another 30 mins of Zumba this morning. I think I may have to admit that Zumba is not the thing for me. I do work up a sweat and feel sore from the movement but I don't really feel in my mind like I did a workout. If anything I feel frustrated from not being able to do the movements correctly. I am anything but a latin dancer! LOL...Back to dumb bells and circuit training for me I think.
I loved actually going to the Zumba classes, but they wouldn't turn the air on in the studio, and it really made my asthma act up. I am in no way shape or form a Latin dancer, but I had fun with it. I started at home with instructional DVDs, so I knew the basic moves when I went to the classes. It is a workout when done right, but doesn't seem like one.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
You guys? Oh yeah that sounds like you're from the north! Hahaha it's "y'all" and don't forget it! I can hear you now "hey you guys, can you grab me some sauerkraut for my hotdog please?"
my bad. allow me to 'neck it up a bit. Amy?? Luv?? Jho?? Were y'all at????

and you know a hotdog ain't a hotdog without mustard, chili, an' onions! the chili on the dog is implied

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.