Notices

20-30 pounds to lose

Old 07-13-2012, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Yup october 11. I have a chihuahua (which is my hubbys as I don't think it qualifies as a dog) and a mastiff mix (english/st bernard). My boy is a good 120 and the biggest sweety. Funny enough he's actually on the smaller side lol. He absolutely adores the baby.
I can't imagine not having a giant breed now. They are generally mild, good with kids, and require less upkeep than smaller dogs(meaning I don't have to take him out or exercise him as often). I do wish I could take him jogging though. You're not supposed to run them more than 2-3 miles a day as its bad for their joints.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a big dog fan as well. I have 2, 4 year old Golden Retrievers. We got 1 when my twin girls turned 1 and we rescued another a 1 1/2 yrs later. They are great with the kids. The last time we had our male weighed he was around 80lbs. Not quite as big as your mastiff mix! lol
They say kids that are raised around dogs tend to be healthier than those that aren't.

So, on weekends do you relax a little on your healthier eating habits?
Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

I have a glass or two (or three ) extra glasses of wine. I don't really eat or like junk, I just eat too much. I go through snack period were I can eat a ton of something. Right now its olives stuffed with feta. Not so bad but I can eat a whole tub! That feta adds up lol. I can go through cheese like its nothing. *sigh* damn delicious cheese. You??
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

lol "damn delicious cheese"...love it!!

I try not to. However, we're usually out and about all weekend and fast food is the convenient thing to eat. Not good at all!

Have you weighed yet today? I started the whole Zumba and watching what I eat thing 2 weeks ago. I've lost 3lbs!! Aaaaaaand I can tell a difference in the way my clothes are fitting. Not a huge change but it is SOME change. :-D
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still at 135 this week We had family come down so it was a taste this and try that kinda event. Back at it though! I had my feta filled olives today so I'm within my calories and happy!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

You were able to do all of that and not gain weight! That's great!

I had a horrible past 2 days. No self control...I had a hot dog at 8pm last night. Who does that?! Then today, while I did exercise quite a bit..like burn 800 calories, I still ate 2 Costco size slices of pizza!! AGH I've done SO good for 2 weeks and then BAM! I'm not depriving myself of anything so I shouldn't be going on binges.

*sigh* Sorry for dumping that on you...I'm just really frustrated right now.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

I have days like that! Hubby can eat like there's no tomorrow and is skinny as a rail. -_- 6ft and 155. That's his heaviest in years too. *sigh* I have to remind myself I can't eat like him. Lol. Though I wish I could.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on the baby!
I have 30lbs to lose and I'm exactly the same in that I tend to use food to overcome boredom or negative emotions. I am really trying to find ways to change the way I deal with these things but it isn't easy. Anyone got any advice?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome jl!! I find doing something with my hands help. I knit so picking up that was helpful and useful also you could try keeping something low cal around in case you just can't resist the urge to munch.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Hi jl15! I actually thought I typed up a nice long response to you this morning and it appears that I have not. Have no idea where that post went...

Definitely trying to stay busy will help and keeping low cal snacks handy too! Every Monday I prepare a bunch of snack size baggies with pre measured goodies. Low fat pretzels, grapes, Quaker rice cakes, carrots, celery, etc. It makes it easy to just reach in and grab. I'll even cut up salad fixings so that all I have to do is put it all together.

kitsune989 and I have decided to weigh in every other Monday. We just weighed this past Monday. You're more than welcome to join us if you'd like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.