Notices

20-30 pounds to lose

Old 07-06-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default 20-30 pounds to lose

I had my first child october of last year. Admittedly I gained more weight than I should have (over 40 pounds O_o) I have lost 26 since then, but I still have 21 more till I reach my goal. Hit a plateau over the last month, so I joined up to keep better track of what I'm eating. I tend to eat when I'm bored or upset, so that's my biggest hurdle. Support is always a good thing, and would love to hear from other ladies who have around the same amount to lose.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi and welcome! Yep, just did the same thing, cruised the kitchen thinking I needed a "Little something..." Grabbed my water glass instead, (small chorus of 'yayyyyyy', gotta praise those small victories 'cuz no one else is gonna do it for me...) and thought, nope, just bored, I JUST ate lunch an hour and a half ago...

I've found over the course of my loss, more often than not, I eat out of boredom. And also I eat nothing good when I am bored.

Congratulations on your baby, that is always a blessing.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kitsune89ti
I had my first child october of last year. Admittedly I gained more weight than I should have (over 40 pounds O_o) I have lost 26 since then, but I still have 21 more till I reach my goal. Hit a plateau over the last month, so I joined up to keep better track of what I'm eating. I tend to eat when I'm bored or upset, so that's my biggest hurdle. Support is always a good thing, and would love to hear from other ladies who have around the same amount to lose.
Hi I'm in my teens and have lost 45 lbs since this february. I have 35 more to lose. My goal is the same as yours 115! I also just hit a plateau it lasted for 2 months I thought I would let you know how I broke mine I started taking cinnamon its good for your blood sugar and your metabolism and a one-a-day vitamin that says metabolisim support on it. You can get both in the vitamin section in the store. I can't wait to finally be 115!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the baby and losing the 26lbs.

I have 25lbs to lose. Dropping 10lbs is no problem for me. It's the poundage after that that I struggle with. I've fluctuated between 162 and 174 for the last 5 years. Can't seem to shake anything 162 and lower.

Do you want to weigh in on a certain day together? Maybe weigh ourselves every other week? What do you think?

Let's do it together!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default working on baby weight...

here too. Only the younger "baby" just turned 12! Best of luck to both of you!

Calla [160 pounds today, aiming for 140!]
Old 07-11-2012, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Did a full Zumba class last night. 1 1/2 hrs. WHEW!! I held up well until the last 3 songs. lol
But, burned about 730 calories!!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

I think a weigh in day is a great idea! Monday's good?
I hear zumba is great, but I've never tried it. I took up jogging recently which has been awesome. I have asthma so I've always hated running, but I used C25k and it was perfect. The pace was slow enough that I could manage, but not so slow it became easy. I highly recommend it! I even used a free podcast because I'm cheap like that lol.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

How about every other Monday? Or would you rather weigh every Monday? Totally up to you!

I love Zumba. Tonight's the first night this week that I haven't done it. But, I figured my joints needed a rest.

Good job on jogging! My sister took up jogging about a month ago and loves it. She says it's addicting. lol She's getting married in January of next year and has decided that it's time to get into shape so that nothing jiggles. lol

Are you on any sort of "diet"? I'm just watching what I eat and not eating after 6pm. Tonight for dinner I made Chicken Alfredo with broccoli. Instead of eating the pasta, I just drizzled the Alfredo sauce over my grilled chicken and broccoli. Just trying to eliminate as many "bad carbs" as I can stand. lol

In case you haven't noticed, I am chatty when I respond here. My kids are all in bed and it's nice and quiet. It's like I have the satisfaction of an adult conversation. lol

I don't know where you are, but it's 9:55pm here in Phoenix Arizona. I guess I should turn in.

~Nite
Old 07-13-2012, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Every other monday is fine. I spend my day with kids and dogs so adult conversation is a breath of fresh air. Lol.
I have a pescetarian diet. Basically I started just counting calories and trying to eat more good fat. I hate this whole anti- carb thing going on. I try to have more of an asian style diet. The japanese have rice daily and they have less health problems and the longest life span of any other country O_o. I should probably eat more sweet potatoes but I am not much of a sweets fan. When I was pregnant I couldn't get enough sugar which is why I gained so much. It was really odd for me lol.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not so much anti-carb as I am trying to just cut back on them. When I started logging what I was eating and was blown away with all the bread, tortillas, chips, pasta, white potatoes that I ate. I'm just trying to use more moderation with them all. It does not good to deprive yourself of anything.

It must be nice to not have a big sweet tooth. lol That's probably my biggest problem!

Sweet potatoes are really good baked. Cut them into wedges, brush some olive oil on them, sprinkle with some salt and rosemary and bake them until they're tender enough to stick with a fork. Mmmm, with some grilled meat it's delicious!

I can't wait to weigh-in on Monday!

What kind of dogs do you have? Your baby will be 1 in October?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.