The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12
I'm gonna start us off a little early, just cause I can
I really need to get my eating in order. It hasn't been horrible, but not great either. I do wonderful through the week, then come Friday I fall apart. Part of the problem is shuffling between houses and having healthy food in both. It'll be a little easier because WHN's sister and her daughter have moved back with her husband, so I can focus on cooking food that's good for me without having to worry if they'll eat it or not. (I usually did the cooking because I like to cook, and like having people to cook for). It'll be a little tougher on the pocket book stocking 2 fridges with fresh foods, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Shuffling houses is the main reason I haven't been around the thread much lately. No matter which house I'm staying at on any given night, I at least stop by Momma and Daddy's for a couple of hours to spend some time with Jasmine. I can't bring her to WHN's cause the landlord has a STRICT no inside pets policy. If I could, WHN said I could just move in completely. But that's weird cause he's not home yet. I am more comfortable here though. It's "home". This whole thing with WHN has thrown me for a loop. I never EVER expected to fall so hopelessly and completely for him so quickly. Especially so quickly after all the stuff with CN. But it happened, and I'm learning just to go with the flow.
Now on to the good stuff....goals
1: log EVERYTHING, no matter what!!!
2: 1100-1400 calories
3: 100 oz water
4: clean eatin'
5: P90X daily
1: spend more time with the Jassi Cat
2: catch up on paperwork
3: change litter in box
4: enjoy the Fourth, but don't enjoy it TOO much
5: don't stress cause WHN has two 24hr duties this week and I won't get to talk to him AT ALL those days, pull up the Dora the Explorer panties and be a big girl about it
Let's have a good week y'all!
Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.
Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day (green veggies don't count against me)
2) drink a gallon of water a day
3) take vitamin daily
4) take fish oil daily
5) 2500 cals deficient for the week
6) workout 3 times
Non Health & Fitness
7) Write 2 policies
8) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals
I'm back after a few weeks of really horrible uncontrolled eating. Will post goals in the morning.
Age 68, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 8/14/2014 lowest in a long time 224.2
Weight 9/23/2014 doctor visit 233
Easter Challenge Goal 220 Weight 1/26/15 236.8
Morning, everyone! Thanks to the Mike and Tori team for starting us off. Tori, I think I missed the post with the acronym; is WHN Who's Hot Now?
Mern, so good to see you back. Here's hoping for some contagious motivation; I've have been struggling as well and am so frustrated I can't figure it out! I can tell there's a real difference in my energy level and definitely my mental state now that I'm not making the best of choices with food and letting exercise fall off. So, in that vein:
1. Calories 1200 or fewer.
2. Follow my pie chart rules (balance, fats, fiber).
3. Eat clean.
4. Log everything. This means everything. This also means logging on Friday, and no "new goals for the weekend" because I blew it on Friday.
5. Be active on FD and use it for support.
6. Drink 2 jugs water daily.
7. Average half hour cardio and half hour weights daily.
8. Sleep at least 7 hours per night.
9. Keep in mind things happen for a reason, and what looks to be a big problem could actually lead to something better.
10. Post something good about every day.
That should do it. I have a couple lunches out this week and tonight is homemade pizza night, but I am ready to do my best. Let's get this thread hoppin' this week and pull each other through!
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
Thanks for starting this off, guys!
Tori, Mern, Cassie--I can definitely relate to the less-than-stellar eating habits. Every day this last week has either been absolutely perfect, or just a total bingefest.
Ah, alas. New week, new start.
Changing the goals up a bit this week--have recently been focusing more on fitness than weight loss, so these are meant to reflect that.
1. 100 fl oz of water/tea daily. (Didn't quite hit this every day last week, so it needs to happen again!)
2. Follow exercise routine (including my scheduled rest day!)
3. 700-1000 calories deficit daily (but no hard limits on calorie intake)
4. NO SCALE. Nope. None this week.
I do believe that's it. Happy Monday, and good luck to all of you!
Starting over for the last time.
Start Weight: 141 lbs
Current Weight: 139 lbs
1st Goal Weight: 133 lbs (7/21)
2nd Goal Weight: 125 lbs (8/31)
UGW: 115 lbs (11/20)
Is there some kind of "eating bad" flu going around? Cause I swear I caught it. And I am feeling the effects of it, fibro wise. So I guess I'm gonna climb back up on that ol' wagon and I can use all the help I can get.
Cassie, thanks for asking about WHN; I was wondering too. I still don't know what PCOs are; I just know Tori proudly owns a set of em.
I also want to thank you, Cassie, for asking about the stress (last motivational thread.) I think it's not just the stress but how I've been handling it (not too well.) But new week, new start, right?
And I also want to thank Quinn for sharing a bit about her own struggles; it helped me feel less alone (and less jealous of other people's "charmed lives.")
MERN, YOU'RE BACK!!!!!! I KNOW I AM NOT ALONE IN SAYING MISSED YOU BIGTIME. THE THREAD WAS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOU, WOMAN.
Goals: (feel like they're kinda boring cause I always seem to have the same ones)
1) plan food
2) 5 fruits and veggies
3) stretch daily
4) one hour writing 5x week
5) 500 words of "real" writing or serious editing
6) not feeling well with fibro but try to do some form of exercise 3x this week even if it's only in the house
7) try not to drink on July 4th (fibro again)
8) be kind, especially to DH who has been taking a lot of ca-ca from me lately
9) water, 8 glasses, come on
10) get in touch with at least one "neglected" friend this week
11) no more than 1650 calories with possible exception of July 4th but try to plan, even then
12) avoid sugar except possibly 7/4
13) post something good about every day (stole this from Cassie but love it)
Ok if I don't stop adding goals, I will be up to 30 or so.