Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12 >

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Community
Notices

The July 4th 7-Day Motivational Thread 07/02/12-07/08/12

Old 07-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
13) post something good about every day (stole this from Cassie but love it)
I think we can consider this "public domain" at this point...I didn't originate it and many of us have used it; I can't even remember who was the original, but thank you!

No lunch out today, and no pizza night, so hoping for a good day. I was right at the upper limit of cals yesterday between those two things, but squeaked by and had a good workout also. Of course, Monday usually isn't the problem, lol!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 07-03-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi everyone- heres to a new week!
My weigh in this morning and i stayed the same this week which ive got to say im a little dissapointed with because this morning i thought i did ok. Then when i came home i looked over this weeks food diary i seen where i knew i could have done better. I under-estimated my portion size and plus i was under alot of stress and i think that had a negative effect on me this week.
Basically my little girl is going through tests for learning dissabilities and that past 5 years have been getting tougher and tougher. Well this week i just cracked- 2 episodes out and about the shops i ended up in floods of tears- rather than losing my temper which i usually do! I went into school and asked for some help in speeding up her referrals and just to admit that id been finding it hard to deal with the tantrums- shes 7 years old but at times i feel im dealing with a 2 year old. I know that its frustrating for her just as much as me.
The kids were at their dads this weekend and i spoke to them about it too and i have them on board with my parenting then they were. Doesnt help when they are being 'parented' in different ways everywhere they go. As a mother i had to put my foot down with people but in an understanding way.
Anyway since getting back my little girl has been much better- for now! I sat with her and made 2 reward charts which she helped to put together and she is very proud of them. We even had cuddles too which i have to say havent happened as much as id like cos im so irritated all the time.

Sorry for going on for a bit too much but i think that all this through the week has had an impact on my diet which might have taken a step back. But im back in control now and determined to make this week a better one.
Tracey, I was just re-reading the thread this morning and saw this in more detail. I think you did a great job by going back and figuring out what didn't go as well as you had thought, and you sound like you're on a good start with the reward charts!

Here in the states it's a chronic problem that the testing takes so long, thus delaying the start of academic intervention for the kids...sounds like that it a frustration for you, too. I just wanted to ask you a little more about it, though, since maybe there are differences over there. How does the testing for learning disabilities affect her tantrums? Is it possible for her to work with a counselor or something on those and any other behaviors that are stressful while you let the school do its thing for the academics, or does it have to be all done together where you are?
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

My name is Quinn, and I crashed and burned on my first day of the new week...

Fell into a trap that we all know too well. Was crazy busy and under deadlines to file and mail some paperwork, so my first meal was at 6:30 pm! Got too hungry, husband tried to be helpful and suggested that we go out to eat. He chose $2.99 half-pound burger night at a local bar and also brought home a round, 24" platter of assorted bars that a client gave him as a thank you. Really?? You're going to put 100 or so assorted brownies, bars and breads in front of me when I haven't in 24 hours??

God love him. He tries, and is, so thoughtful. But, his thoughtfulness is making my a$$ grow. lol It's been kind of hard here for the past week with temps in the mid-90's. A lot of people around here (me) don't have central air, because we only need it about 1 week per year. (Which would be this week.) It's too bloody hot to cook and going out to eat every night is tough on the diet. Usually, I would do a lot of grilling, but the tank ran out on Friday and I've had no luck in getting hubby to take care of it. (Why should he? He has an excuse to go out to eat.) I seriously don't think that I can eat one more salad, which is what I generally eat for lunch.

Have to come up with a new plan. It looks like we have at least 3 more days of extreme heat. The up-side is that I've been 100% pain free for an entire week; something that never happens.

So, sadly, most of my food-related goals were a complete failure for Monday. Today is a new day, the slate is wiped clean and I'm ready for "Take Two".

quinn
Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Keep total (not net) Carbs under 75g/day (green veggies don't count against me) 33.9
2) drink a gallon of water a day yes
3) take vitamin daily yes
4) take fish oil daily yes
5) 2500 cals deficient for the week -686
6) workout 3 times off

Non Health & Fitness
7) Write 2 policies 0
8) to push/ encourage the next person to post here to meet their goals yes
Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Health and Fitness:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. No
2. Minimum 80-90 oz. fluids daily. No
3. Minimum 3 fruits and veggies a day. No, not unless fries and ketchup are veggies 1 and 2... lol.
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
5. No breads for breakfast or lunch. None
6. Walk daily. Yes

Personal Stuff:

1. Start article for paper. No time.
2. Draw daughter a map indicating what floor of the house the washing machine is located. (Baby steps..) No time.
3. Remain calm, supportive and "unsnarky" when sibling calls in meltdown mode. Take extra time to calmly and thoughtfully word email messages. Once you hit "send", there's no getting them back! Yes
4. Compliment someone new every day. You never know what their struggles are. Yes
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water M: Yes,
2. Walk 2 miles on lunch at work (except Wednesday) M: Yes (it was freakin' hot!),
3. Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Weds & Fri M: N/A, T: N/A,
4. Select different video(s) Thursday M: N/A, T: N/A, W: N/A,
5. 5 fruits / veggies a day M: Yes,
6. Carbs under 50% M: 61% ,
7. Weigh and post it daily M: 237.4lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Water garden daily M: Yes,
2. Weed veggie garden M: Yes ... DONE!
3. Feed snakes (yeah I know...EWWW! LOL) M: not yet,
4. Mop floors M: Not yet,
5. Keep laundry done up M: Yes,
6. Read ... not on the internet M: No

My day was pretty good. I have realized that I have a problem with grapes. Yes, grapes. Every time I am in or near the fridge I am popping grapes in my mouth. Now I know they aren't much calories but still...they add up. So I try to keep track and ended up logging like 60 grapes yesterday after I included the 30 that I brought for a snack to work. I guess it could be worse.

Nobe ... I hate to say this, but have you tried giving the kids the same treatment as they are giving you? Ignore the fact that they are there. If you wanna sit down and watch tv just pick up the remote and watch what you want. If they do talk to you just don't even acknowledge it. I know it sounds petty and immature but maybe a day or so and they will realize how it feels? Or maybe they will just tell their dad on you and he will get mad at you instead. It's a bad situation all around. I hope that they do open up with your son though. ..... Ham Pot Pie is about the easiest from scratch thing that I make besides potato soup. I don't even use a recipe. It's kind of hard to explain though. The dough is just flour, eggs & water. And I used to hate when my MIL would tell me to do it until it looked right but now I know what that is and it is hard to explain LOL. But roll it out and cut it in strips then across so it is rectangles. Have your ham already boiling in the pot and drop in the squares one by one so they don't clump. Add cut up potatoes and cook until dough is cooked and potatoes are soft. Yum! My guys like diced fresh onion to add to their plate on the table.

Tracey ... Best of luck getting those referrals for your daughter. I didn't realize for some reason that you weren't in the US until I read a response written to you. I hope that they don't drag their feet. Sometimes you have to really be pushy to get what you know you need for your child's sake. Don't be scared to stand up for her (and yourself).

Quinn ... I love the idea of a map to the washing machine. The other day we had a big dinner (Thanksgiving in July LOL) and as we were eating I said today sounds like a good day for the boys to learn how to wash dishes. Um, yeah, right. Mom washed them like always! ... Sorry you crashed yesterday. You can jump back up today!

Cassie ... You had an awesome goal day yesterday! Way to go!

Hope ... You missed by 39 calories? I so wouldn't call that a fail.

Mike ... You did have a good day yesterday! Way to get back to it!

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 07-03-2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: had to add Mike
Old 07-03-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, LOL, NO, I wasn't calling you a turkey. I just remembered when Mike commented "heads up high...unless it rains" about turkeys drowning themselves. If YOU were a bird, you'd be a beautiful, graceful swan.

Quinn, I'm not going anywhere on the 4th, so I'm not gonna shave my legs tonight if I stay on the wagon. LOL A lot of times when I fall off the wagon it's from getting busy and skipping meals, too. I totally get where you're coming from. I love this group for it's empathy and validating my need to wipe the slate clean and start over on day 2--3,4,5 or 6. You know we're all behind you 100%.

Monday Report:

Calorie limit 1500 1270
Sat fat limit average 11% of total calories 6%
Cholesterol limit average 250mg 171mg
Protein average 120g 131g
Carbs less fiber limit 25g close enough at 25.2g
Fiber minimum 25g 45g
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Healthful evening snack: almond butter stuffed celery and cooked spinach
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Cassie, LOL, NO, I wasn't calling you a turkey. I just remembered when Mike commented "heads up high...unless it rains" about turkeys drowning themselves. If YOU were a bird, you'd be a beautiful, graceful swan.

Quinn, I'm not going anywhere on the 4th, so I'm not gonna shave my legs tonight if I stay on the wagon. LOL A lot of times when I fall off the wagon it's from getting busy and skipping meals, too. I totally get where you're coming from. I love this group for it's empathy and validating my need to wipe the slate clean and start over on day 2--3,4,5 or 6. You know we're all behind you 100%.

Monday Report:

Calorie limit 1500 1270
Fiber minimum 25g 45g
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Nice Goal day Mern!

LOL on the shaving of legs. I should have shaved mine last night to wear a skirt today but you know what? I didn't and don't really care. Nobody should be close enough to my legs to see they aren't shaved! I'll do it tonight in case I have to go to hubby's work tomorrow. I usually end up there when he works and I am home and they are having a cookout so it's almost inevitable.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
2. Draw daughter a map indicating what floor of the house the washing machine is located. (Baby steps..) No time.
Does your daughter get lost that easilly?

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
3. Feed snakes (yeah I know...EWWW! LOL) M: not yet,
Mike ... You did have a good day yesterday! Way to get back to it!
Snakes are cool! My GF found the smallest baby (about the size of a worm) a few weeks ago. I'll post up a pic. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Mern

Monday Report:

Calorie limit 1500 1270
Fiber minimum 25g 45g
Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 5 days YES
You killed it yesterday! So are we gonna see a cat fight between you and the turkey?
Old 07-03-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

1) 1600 calories or less - 1403
2) move - not much
3) 64oz water + - 64oz+
4) 20% protein - 22%
5) vitamins - yes

6) post one good thing that happened every day - we have peas on our pea plants!

April - last year I gave them two days. I was nice to them, I talked to them, I sat and watched their stupid tv shows with them, I invited them with me every time I went anywhere. I got no response, so the next six weeks I ignored them. I didn't watch the tv, but I just went about my business during the day like they weren't there, and after the kiddo went to bed I went to my room and closed the door. Hubby was mad at me the whole time for being mean to them, and the other day I saw an email from their mother saying that last year the kids "didn't appreciate" my bad attitude and it was "completely unacceptable". Not that I care what she thinks (or what they think), but COME ON. I tried. No mention of THEIR bad attitude.

Last year was worse than usual though because we had a lot going on that had nothing to do with the kids. My dad started chemo the same day they arrived and my uncle died of pneumonia while they were here. In retrospect it was completely inappropriate to have them here at all. But things seem to be better so far this time. Not necessarily with the kids, but hubby's laying down the law with them and not blaming me for everything and listening when I have complaints, so it's a total change from their previous visits. Although he seems to be kind of oblivious about how they treat me and the kid, and just how they behave in general. For instance, he'll say "do you guys want to do such and such?" and they grunt, and he says to me "the kids really want to do such and such!" Uh...they didn't even say a real word, never mind yes, never mind an enthusiastic yes. He wants the visit to be good and he wants the kids to be normal, so he's just making it so in his brain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.