Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
I need to lose 70 lbs! Anyone wanna be my buddy? >

I need to lose 70 lbs! Anyone wanna be my buddy?

Community
Notices

I need to lose 70 lbs! Anyone wanna be my buddy?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hey there...

I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to lose 65lbs all together and so far I've lost 9lbs. My hubby has been my biggest base of support but sometimes I feel that he doesn't understand my struggle since he's a thin guy. My problem is my sweet tooth and my love for baking. I'm trying to watch my caloric intake but I haven't been doing a good job lately. I have been exercising though which has prevented me from gaining any more weight. I don't work either because I'm trying to finish up school. I don't have any pets that I can take for a walk because I'm allergic to them. Anyways enough rambling on I just wanted to join you in your struggle.

I'll try my best to get on here everyday.

Starting Weight: 215lbs
Goal Weight: 150lbs
Current Weight: 206lbs
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by oliviagilmore
I want someone who I have to talk to everyday. Some one who will hold me accountable and push me and I can do the same for them. I want someone I can text/email/facebook when I feel like Im gonna break. Someone who will get on here everyday and put in what they ate, how they exercised. I wanna share my success, my insecurities, etc. I am a 19 yr old airmans wife, I am unemployed and I have a 2 yr old husky who pushes me to walk him every day. I like yoga and I have a gym in my neighborhood that I never use, I also have a pool in my neighborhood that I never use. I live in california. I want a friend and a partner. Preferablly someone who has the same goals and interests as myself.
Hi Olivia,
I am also 19 - and need to lose around 70 - 80 lbs.
I am no ones wife, however i have lived with my Fiance for 3 years now, you obviously love animals, and so do i. I have a dog, Cat, Rabbit and Guinea Pig.
I think i am going to exercise through swimming.

Anyways feel free to email me anytime - [email protected]
That goes for anyone. I have my email linked to my phone so i will always reply!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Luckygirl, that's awesome that you decided to walk instead of drive. That's something I definitely don't do enough. I live and work in the middle of nowhere, so I have to drive everywhere. Also, because there are so many fields and ponds and lakes where I live, I usually just take my dogs there and let them run around instead of walking them. I have been exercising regularly, but I'm sure walking would help a ton.

I'm down another pound today. That's 28lbs total, with 51 to go. God, that seems like it'll take forever!!!! My problem is that I might lose 1-2 pounds every week, but then I have at least one weekend pig out day where I gain some of it back. I guess the 51 wouldn't take so long to lose if every week I didn't have to make up that 1/2lb again!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

i just started today and i'm a 20 year old woman engaged to a big man whose content with my weight but i'm not. i was happiest at 135 and thats what i wanna get back to. right now i'm 175 and i really need someone who's gonna help me stay on track on days that i wanna eat a giant double quarter pounder meal and a mcflurry (with oreo's). i'd prefer to text or bbm (if you have bbm) but email and facebook are fine too. Good Luck!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default 85 pounds to lose...

...and so far I lost 2. In a week. This is gonna take ages! But hey, it took me years to put on that much weight so it's only fair...

I'm a 24 year old business student from Germany. I'm 5' 7'' and weigh 206 lbs. The weight I was most happy with was at around 120 lbs. Trying to get back to that. Like I said it's gonna take ages but I'm serouis about it. Planed on eating more healthy before but there was always something that "kept" me from actually doing it. Moving, holidays, vacation, stress at work - you name it - I used every excuse known to man to not start losing weight. I didn't even try because I was so afraid I might fail. I really think I'm addiceted to bread and pasta. I could eat them all the time! So that's the 1st thing I cut down on. Over the last week I've been trying to eat more protein. So far so good...

I really like the idea of supporting each other and having a place to vent. I need people who are going to same thing as me and who are not just trying lose 5 lbs but serouis amounts of weight like me. Anybody interested?

p.s. Sorry for my bad spelling.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on having lost almost 30 lbs already! I envy that. Knowing that you can lose weight and not give in to your cravings. It's nice to hear at least one of us has had some success already ;-)
Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Exclamation HEY! We are close!!!! Ready below

Originally Posted by oliviagilmore
I want someone who I have to talk to everyday. Some one who will hold me accountable and push me and I can do the same for them. I want someone I can text/email/facebook when I feel like Im gonna break. Someone who will get on here everyday and put in what they ate, how they exercised. I wanna share my success, my insecurities, etc. I am a 19 yr old airmans wife, I am unemployed and I have a 2 yr old husky who pushes me to walk him every day. I like yoga and I have a gym in my neighborhood that I never use, I also have a pool in my neighborhood that I never use. I live in california. I want a friend and a partner. Preferablly someone who has the same goals and interests as myself.
Hey oliviagilmore: I'm stationed at Travis AFB, CA. I'm Air Force and I'm trying to lose 100 lbs as well. I have an injury but we can def help each other! I have a pass to 24 hour fitness where I go and swim! I was 245 on March 2 now April 7 I'm down to 235! I've been trying to find someone around here to work out with (my husband works two jobs) so he rarely has time to come work out with me. I work everyday but I'm off by 4 and at the pool until like 6-7 I also want to start walking. I walked everywhere at Basic Training and that helped me go from 152 down to 126 i dont like being THAT small I feel better at like 145 but that's just me...I like having a butt and thighs! Haha but yeah since we're so close we just def talk and maybe help each other get down! We can create our own "biggest loser" and have a contest with each other! That's what a friend of mine did! They would weigh in every week and whoever lost the least lbs had to take the other out for dinner! Just thought that was cool...anyway you can email me at [email protected] or just write me through here. I check it all the time everyday! Keep on losing those pounds ladies!!!!

Start: March 2, 245
Now: April 7, 235
Goal Dec 31, 2010, 175

Last edited by airbabygurl; 04-07-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I just started tracking everything on this site 3 days ago. I am calling it Amy 2.1. I am in the Army. Pretty close to you airbabygurl. I'm stationed at Ft Irwin, in the middle of the Mojave Desert. I need to lose about 40lbs. Currently my command is trying to chapter me out of the service for my weight. About a year ago I began taking a medication that caused me to gain the 40 pounds in one month. I have been fighting ever since to get even 2 pounds of it off. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you have any tips to kicking my body into letting the weight go?
So being my first week, I am focusing on my eatting habits. I live alone, with my dog Ben, so cooking and healthy didn't really fit. But I am trying now. I went food shopping and stuffed my fridge with healther things.
I ordered power90, P90x without the X. I will let you all know how that goes once I receive it. Motivation to get my butt up is my biggest problem. Right now I work a desk job. So sitting all day does not help my cause.
Anyways, sorry for my rambelyness. I hope to help each of you and maybe get some support for you to keep me on track and stick with my amy2.1 goals. :0)
Old 04-07-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Thursdayandben, Yeah I delt with the same crap! After the Air Force diagnosed me with all my back issues; I started gaining weight like crazy! They put me at a desk job and I stopped doing PT and now I'm waiting medical discharge! It sucks because I love my job and was looking foward to retiring here! (even though that's a LONG time away!) But yeah I was the same way~ sitting not doing anything about it~ luckily you only gained that 40, for me it was 96!! Read my Menu and see if it looks like something you could do..I go swimming 3-4 times a week and it's been helping alot...down 10 pounds...If you click on the "food talk" you will find my recipe under "menus" maybe it would help! Keep us posted and dont give up!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hi, Just4Kicks4Life!

I have just joined too, and at first I thought an online support group was a lot of junk, but I read a lot of your comments and I dont think that way anymore. Especially since I started writing down EVERYTHING I eat. I saw today I didnt eat enough like my trainer told me. Gotta exercise tonight on nothing, NOT GOOD. But I want to encourage others like I need to be encouraged. So lets get it on, do my way, JUST4KICKS4LIFE!

God Bless You All!
Moi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.