Notices

HCG questions for after chilbirth. HELP!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Question HCG questions for after chilbirth. HELP!!!

Hi, I'm Hannah and I'm new to this HCG. I just gave birth to my son 2 weeks ago, and I'm not planning to breast feed. During my pregnancy I've gained 50 LBS. My weight was originally 105 LBS, but now I weigh 153 LBS. I've lost all of my confidence, and my husband seems to be lacking interest in me. I am very desperate to get back into shape and was wondering if HCG injections is safe for women who just gave birth. Do I have to fully heal first before I start the HCG injections? And if I use the HCG injection before my healing then will it cause blood clotting or any other medical concerns? Please help me!!!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hannah- Firstly congratulations on your newborn!
Sorry but i havent heard of HCG but i would advise you to seek further advice from your doctor especially as you have only just given birth 2 weeks ago. Starting a diet regime is usually given the go ahead after a 6 week check-up.
Its normal to feel like your partner has lost interest but talk to him about how you feel and im sure you will be reassured. If anything he is bound to love you an extra heap more now you are the mother of his new baby.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with Tracey...you should definitely consult your doctor.

There is a whole thread for HCG in the Diets section. I don't think pregnancy has been addressed, but I'm not sure. You may want to check it out.

I've never done HCG, but I have been pregnant. After you give birth, your body has to do a lot of healing. I can't imagine doing that on 500 calories a day. I think maybe you are just feeling a little panicky about the pregnancy weight gain, but don't let that make you do anything that might jeopardize your health and recovery. Additionally, your hormones are probably still recovering from pregnancy and birth, and if I recall, HCG is based on hormones, so it may affect the natural stabilization process. Please ask a doc before you jump into this out of desperation.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with Tracey and Cassie. I think two weeks after giving birth is awfully quick to be jumping into something that could have huge effects on a body that's already going through so much. A doctor would have a better idea of whether it's ok or not, but your body is still healing and it needs nutrients to be able to do so.

I'm not a good example, since I managed to gain 30 lbs after having my baby and am only now, 2 1/2 years later, back to the weight I was after I gave birth, but I personally would suggest you don't do anything drastic so soon after having a baby. There's already so much physically, hormonally, and emotionally going on. Nobody expects you to be one of these Hollywood stars that's back to normal 5 minutes after having a baby. Least of all, I suspect, your husband.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hcg drops and hcg injections are used by those who want to lose few pounds in less time.. I followed my dietician advice used hcg diet plan with half an hour exercise that help in metabolism. But I would suggest you to consult your dietician before making any start with hcg drops or injection as everybody react differently to the diet plans.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-26-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: link removed; violates terms of use for site.