Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!! >

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Beginning 6.25.12... No More Excuses!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Busy, busy Monday but I was able to keep focused. Finished up my walk just before dark. I have a totally free day tomorrow; first one in a long time. Not exactly sure what I'll do with it... maybe do a little trail hiking.

This week's goals:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; no excuses! Yes
2. 3 fruits or vegetables minimum per day; no excuses! Yes
3. Take all vitamins and supplements; no excuses! Yes
4. Walk daily, rain or shine; no excuses! Yes
5. Hydrate all day long; no excuses! Yes
Old 06-25-2012, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday

Health/Fitness

1: log EVERYTHING!!~yes
2: calories 1200-1500~1258
3: no frozen meals, fresh fresh FRESH~yes
4: 100 oz water~134.3
5: p90x daily (not real sure what I'm thinking )~yes

I haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone yet, but I will try to tomorrow. I had a good day, then the afternoon went south. I didn't really want to workout, but made myself. Dear Lawd!! I had to keep pausing and catching my breath (it didn't help that I can't find my inhaler) but I pushed through it. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Going to bed early, I'm BEAT!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well, my catch up day turned out to be a crazy day, but it is what it is.

Took my son to his first "job" today. While I was in the area, I went to the park and did an hour and a half of running/walking. It was frustrating because the last time I was at the park, I was running a 5K and made damn good time, too, and I am nowhere near that physical shape anymore due to injuries and time pressures. But it was also good because I felt back in the saddle. Of course, I probably won't be able to move out of said saddle come morning .

1. Calorie limit 1200. Yes
2. Exercise 6 hours. 90 min
3. Drink water. Keep drinking. Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements. I completely forgot!
5. Make good food choices (balance, fiber, eat clean, etc.) Yes. Getting recommended fiber is hard the fewer calories I allot myself
6. Sleep 7 hours per night. Yes

Hope you all had a good day as well!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Under 1400 calories/day - M: 1363
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M:72 oz.
3.) Exercise 3-4x/week
4.) Study 30 mins every day - M: 5 mins.
5.) Post weight every day - M: 154.6
6.) Something good! - M: Issue that was giving me major stress over the weekend has been resolved

So, I think I stayed under on calories, but it wasn't very balanced eating. I'm counting it a win, however, since I wasn't sure I was gonna stay under 1400!

Thanks, Mike, for the compliments on the picture
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals ...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes,
2. Exercise 3 times (how hard is that?) M: No,
3. Walk on lunch M: Yes,
4. Fruits, veggies & dairy until dinner M: Yes, T: No (PB & Banana sandwich for lunch today),
5. Weigh and post it M: 237.8lbs, T: 237.6lbs,

Life Goals ...
1. Walk Chloe 1 time M: No,
2. Water garden daily M: Yes - )think one of my cuke plants is dying, it's wilted),
3. Weed flower bed M: No,

Yesterday was great until evening. I couldn't seem to stay out of the pulled pork that we had for dinner. Thank god the portions on it are huge and even at counting 2 portions of it, it was an overestimate. No exercise other than walking on lunch. That seems to be my saving grace. I hope and pray nothing ever changes so that I can't do that or it will make my weight loss that much harder.

Hope ... In white...I'm glad that they found your DD's friend OK. I hope that her parents take the opportunity to admit her to a facility and leave her there until she is ready and able to deal with life. Not just until she asks to come home. If I were you, I know I would be counting the days until your DD can get away from all of this drama and start her new life in college with a whole (hopefully better) group of friends.

Joanna ... That is a very nice new picture!

Cassie ... You may not have been winning any races but HEY! You got out there and did it! That has to count for something. Making time to exercise in the middle of your day is an achievement to me no matter what.

Tori ... P90X huh? Let me know how that goes. I'm about to get back into Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I love how I feel after that one. I think I really like kickboxing....who knew? LOL

Quinn ... A totally free day? I. am. so. jealous! ... So what will you do? A nice long workout? Take a hike? A bubble bath? Make a beautiful salad for lunch to eat outside on the deck? Oh yeah, I'm living through you today!

Nobe ... I love painting the rooms in my house too. I am down to the hardest one to do though and haven't decided how to tackle it. It has a 14-15ft vaulted ceiling and at the tip of the ceiling there is a tape seam that needs fixed about 4" long and around where a wall joins into the room. I don't do very well on ladders but I am going to have to suck it up. I just have to buy a ladder big enough to handle the job. Then it goes up a stairway that I will have to set up scaffolding or something to paint. Ummm yeah, Ms Graceful on scaffolding may end up very badly. And I have to decide the color as it extends into my lower level family room which has lt green paint so I'm thinking a light beige, tan, cream and then an accent wall behind the stove & above the cabinets in a cranberry/wine type color.

Lathav ... Those are some pretty serious goals.

Mike ... Did I miss your goals? Where are they??

Tracey ... You also have a serious set of goals. The hardest of that for me would be no seconds and no picking on the leftovers (as shown last night)

Mern ... Where are you? I hope your allergies don't still have you down.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, for what it's worth, I'm sending good vibes your way - that's an uber tough situation...

So, today I managed to gain 3.4 lbs in one day, which is a big leap for me - I don't usually see that kind of large oscillation. I mean, like I said last night, I didn't eat cleanly yesterday (aka ice cream, although I ate ice cream at 4 PM and that was the last thing I ate for the day...) Anyway, it's probably because I was uber stressed this weekend, and I think my digestive system had a bit of a mind of it's own because of it. Anyway, I just need to even out a bit...

So, you all will remember I found a lump in my breast like 6 weeks ago, and had an ultrasound that came back clear. I went for a checkup yesterday, and the doctor was like, "I tend to be conservative on breast issues (ie get everything checked and double checked) so I don't think it's anything serious, but just to make sure..." so I'm going for a biopsy tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous about it, but if it can answer the question of what is going on, one way or another, I'll be happier about that. So... I could use some good thoughts send my way tomorrow morning!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:15 AM
FitDay Member

Coming to the "Fitday Confessional" with head held low in shame...

Last night after my walk, I went over to my mom's house to clean out her freezer and I never saw such an assortment of yummy, fat-filled treats in all my life! My PLAN was to go over there and throw the majority of it away, as I didn't think that there would be anything good... but OMG! It was like a secret stash of yummy goodness! Pies, cakes, ice cream, frozen pizzas, Schwann's, you name it, it was in there. So, egged on by my husband, we came home and baked one of the supremely loaded, frozen pizzas at 10:00 last night. (Then, I was awake most of the night suffering for overeating... again, !)

Once again, my desire to eat healthy was overcome with my unwillingness to throw out good food. Luckily for me, I stopped after the pizza... husband also wiped out a bag of potato chips and a can of Pringles. lol It's all stuff that I never keep in the house (...and you can see why!)

So, I'm going to double up on my walk today. Some of the yummy goodness still resides in my freezer, but nothing that is incredibly tempting to me... one of the kids will eat it... soon, I hope.

Daughter is spending the week at a friends cottage, and my day still remains open and free. Cleaned my house and did wash yesterday so I don't even have those types of chores to do. First, coffee. Then maybe a nice, long hike. Weather is going to be gorgeous for the next week... sunny and mid-80's, so I have to take advantage of it. A book that I've been trying to read for the past two months may be in the plan for later today on my deck.

Have a great day!

quinn
Old 06-26-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hope and Joanna,

Sending prayers, positive thoughts and all good things your way. I've dealt with both teenage issues and breast cancer scares and they are both a miserable place to be. But, hang tight, give it a little time, and things will work out. Keeping you all in my prayers.

quinn
Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna ... Lots of good thoughts for you tomorrow. I would rather have confirmation that it is nothing than to worry that it is something.

Quinn ... Your day sounds perfect. .... Woops on that pizza! I've been there at 10pm sharing an entire pizza with my hubby.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

April, my goals were in white.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.