Hey Ya'll! I have read a few posts this week, but have not had time to focus on the thread like I like to. My big work deliverable from 2 weeks ago got kicked back because the client wanted it "redone" to better fit their ever changing needs... Another week of kicking-butt in the office and rushing to the airport every evening to drop off FedEx packages before the plane leaves. Ug... I am tired but it's okay, I am really happy to have a great job.
DH and I had company over for dinner last night.. usually I feel really good about what I cook, because I try hard to focus on healthy whole foods... I served baked veggies, salmon, and quinoa, with a yummy home-made orange sauce. But my guests did not like salmon, so hardly ate any, and did not know what to do with the quinoa. I thought everything tasted great, but nobody really said anything...I felt like I did not make them happy at all. I feel like I should have cooked my super yummy (and very fattening) Italian supper with sausage, meatballs, pasta, garlic bread, and Cesar salad. Sigh.. I did promise them red meat next time they came over... lesson learned, never serve fish to people you don't know very well!
I hope there were lots of successes this week, in health, in family, and everywhere life took you!
Ama, kudos to you for cooking healthily, even if it confused your guests. As my son's pre-K teacher would have said, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit."
Thanks Cassie! That makes me feel a whole lot better! It just sucks to try so hard and know when all is not going well... At least I did not make my chocolate tofu pie... I made a real, butter filled, pineapple upside-down cake for dessert But next time...
Health and Fitness:
1. 1200 calories or fewer daily. Yes No
2. Exercise two hours. 30 min. Got my work cut out for me tomorrow 60 min
3. Drink 2 jugs water daily. Yes, Yes
4. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. Reasonable pie chart. Yes, Fair
6. Log everything and be active on FitDay. Yes, Yes
1. Post something good about today. Got a lovely wake-up massage from the hubby this morning, Cooked dinner with hubby and son tonight; we made it up and it turned out great
2. Post something I'm thankful for. This is trite but true...air conditioning! We had 106* today; hottest day ever in the state , Hubby did the laundry
3. Take a break, breathe, and reframe when this work issue gets bad. Mostly, Mostly
1. Pay bills. Done
2. Final decision and order carpet. Done
3. Write one report. Done
4. Proof two reports from postdocs. Done
5. Schedule haircut appt. Done, and so is the haircut
6. Mock trauma interview. Done
7. Mock trauma report. Done
8. Finalize plans for second weekend of vacation. Nope, still need to do.
Tomorrow starts a new week! I know where I need to tighten up. Hope to see you all on the other side.
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
1: log EVERYTHING!!~yes, yes, yes, yes, no, no, no 2: calories 1200-1500~1258, 1130 I'm calling it a win , 1322, 1330, ?, ?, ? 3: no frozen meals, fresh fresh FRESH~yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes 4: 100 oz water~134.3, 135.2, 101.4, 160.1 a lot of water cause it was HOOOOTTTT today, yes, no, no 5: p90x daily (not real sure what I'm thinking )~yes, yes, yes + put in a mile just cause I wanted to, yes (yoga, I LOVE yoga), yes, yes, rest day
I didn't fall completely apart this weekend. Food hasn't been great, but it's been worse in the past. I got all my workouts in this week, which is awesome cause I've been slacking there too. I didn't get a chance to catch up with everyone cause I suck ass. Here's hoping the scale isn't too cruel to me in the morning :fingers crossed:
Mini Goal Weight-??
Ultimate Goal Weight-TBD
When life throws you curveballs, it's up to YOU to decide whether or not you swing away or go down looking. I'm choosing to swing away.