Notices

SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12

Old 06-23-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Goals week of June 18th

H2O 70oz min: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
1500 cals or less: 1450, 1560. Stopped logging mid-week but I think I have done well and not gone too far over 1500/day...
Focus on whole foods: M: egg, green beans, quinoa, apple, grapes, is wine a whole food? Chips, chocolate square, bread, cheese slice...; Tue - green beans, quinoa, chicken, spinach, onion, rice (jasmine rice, I don't know if that counts), hot tamales, chocolate square, salad dressing, wine. Not div by days, but; carrots, tomatoes, rice, barley, eggs, onion, spinach, avocado, salmon. Too much bread, butter, chocolate squares, jelly, peanut butter, chips, dressings (green goddess, balsamic vinegarette, etc.
Exercise 1/2 hr or more: 15, Nope, N, Y, N
10 push-ups: Y, Y, Y, N, N
Work on being positive: YES!, Y, Trying, Y, Trying

Home goals (getting ready for weekend guests)

Scrub bathroom(s): Yes
Get a few pix on the walls: No, but forget about it... Potted a bunch of plants instead
Stash kids toys so guests don't trip: Mostly done.
Meal plans: Yes, and shopping done.
Secure backyard for small dog: DH thinks okay as is... not sure about that...

Ama

39, 5’6”
Started FD Jan 2012; weight 134
Current weight week of 6/18: 125, 123.6, 123.4, Did not weigh, 123.4
Goal: 123
Old 06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Health and Wellness:
1. 1300 calories or fewer 1296 lol
2. Eat clean. Yes
3. Exercise both days. Fail...poorly planned schedule
4. Drink water. Yes
5. Sleep at least 7 hours. Yes

Little Things I've Been Putting Off Forever:
6. Make progress on the carpet issue. Yes
7. Vacuum cat hair off the furniture.
8. Change family pics in family room and staircase. Waiting on niece to edit with her program
9. Get new prescription sunglasses

Work stuff:
10. Proof 2 reports. One
11. Write 1.5 reports. .5 is done
12. Do two insurance auths. One
13. Revise report and send new version.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Member

Not having a great week myself- im wanting sugar a bit too much and not drinking as much water as i should be. Not gone totally off track because im still determined to lose weight each week but this week has been more of a challenge for me. It shouldnt have though really- nothing has stood in my way apart from my own lack of willpower!!
Weigh in tomorrow morning and im not going to be very confident standing on the scales.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

I feel like I want to start the new week today so that's what I am going to do. I am NOT going to give up, youhear? NOT giving up.

So here, goals yet again:

1) 1650 cals max
2) 8 glasses of water min
3) stretch
4) walk or gym
5) 1 hour of any kind of writing minimum
6) 500 words "real" writing
Old 06-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

You go, Hope!! Love your commitment! Come on, Tracey, you too...the wagon is waiting for anyone who's already on board or trying to get there.
We are all going to nail this coming week
Old 06-24-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
You go, Hope!! Love your commitment! Come on, Tracey, you too...the wagon is waiting for anyone who's already on board or trying to get there.
We are all going to nail this coming week
Thank you so much for the encouragement, Cassie. Tracey, you wanna join me in the old try try again? Or as I sometimes say: Finnegan begin again.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

I'll do it! I ended up eating frustration cake last night and I'm getting sick of being mad at myself. My kid has suddenly turned into one of the brats from Supernanny, and it was a rough day yesterday. Today's not shaping up to be much better. My polite, gentle kid is suddenly a belligerent aggressive monster and I don't know why. It's like he woke up the other morning a different person. Yesterday he was kicking and hitting, and when I told him we wouldn't play outside if he couldn't be nice, he shouted "I never, never, never, never, EVER want to see you again!" It's the first nasty thing he's ever said to me. Ugh. What is happening?

Long story short, I need to focus on not being all "bad day. cake."
Old 06-24-2012, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by nobe
I'll do it! I ended up eating frustration cake last night and I'm getting sick of being mad at myself. My kid has suddenly turned into one of the brats from Supernanny, and it was a rough day yesterday. Today's not shaping up to be much better. My polite, gentle kid is suddenly a belligerent aggressive monster and I don't know why. It's like he woke up the other morning a different person. Yesterday he was kicking and hitting, and when I told him we wouldn't play outside if he couldn't be nice, he shouted "I never, never, never, never, EVER want to see you again!" It's the first nasty thing he's ever said to me. Ugh. What is happening?

Long story short, I need to focus on not being all "bad day. cake."
So sorry to hear about your tough time with your son. How old is he? The hardest thing, I think, is not to take the angry things our kids say and do personally. And also for me, to keep my temper and not get sucked in. But if you can be calm and ride it out, maybe it can help. I feel for you.

And I love your line: frustration cake. That's what I was doing: eating anger chips, scarfing depression potatoes and eating frustration cake. And now not only am I sick of it, it's making me feel kinda sick so THE INSANITY MUST STOP. At least with the eating. Life stuff I guess I just have to deal with and hope it gets better. And hope it does for you too. Your sweet son is in there; he will come out again.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, ladies. I had really been doing well about the stress eating, emotional eating, whatever you want to call it, but stress kicked into high gear and I went right back to old habits. I just need to keep remembering that I am in charge here, not my emotions. I am capable of doing what I need to do.

nobe, hang in there. As Hope said, your little one's real, sweet personality will come back out. He's just testing the waters and acting on emotion. Although at his age, it's appropriate; at my age, not so much .

Hope, you are very patient at waiting for things to turn around. They will. Are you enjoying getting ready for college?
Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I agree, ladies. I had really been doing well about the stress eating, emotional eating, whatever you want to call it, but stress kicked into high gear and I went right back to old habits. I just need to keep remembering that I am in charge here, not my emotions. I am capable of doing what I need to do.

nobe, hang in there. As Hope said, your little one's real, sweet personality will come back out. He's just testing the waters and acting on emotion. Although at his age, it's appropriate; at my age, not so much .

Hope, you are very patient at waiting for things to turn around. They will. Are you enjoying getting ready for college?
Cassie, I am trying to be patient. Right now, my DD is experiencing terrible times with a very self destructive friend who has recently come back into our lives. And so selfishly, as much as I wish this girl well and as much as DD and I will miss each other, we are counting the days until she can get away to school and hopefully make a new beginning.

So I have been turning to my old friend and nemesis: stress eating but as I am sure you yourself see, in the long run, it only makes things worse.

And for me with the fibro, bad eating makes things especially bad. So I am back on "The Hope Plan:" (nothing revolutionary here)
more fruits and veg (I should add that to my goal) sensible snacks and for me: planning ahead and sticking with it as closely as possible.

I hope you are able to overcome your stress and enjoy your summer with your family and friends unless they are the source of your stress and then I wish you a nice vacation. Calgon (or airline) take me away...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.