Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12 >

SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12

Community
Notices

SEVEN DAY thread, not 5 days... a full 7 starting 6/18/12

Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily (been only doing 80oz) M: 104oz,
2. Exercise 4 times this week (yes night time counts too. Somehow it got in my head that if I don't do it in the morning it is lost.) M: No,
3. Walk on lunches if not raining M: 2-1/4 miles in 38minutes, T: 2 miles in 38 minutes plus to the store,
4. Fruits, veggies, or dairy (cottage cheese/yogurt) for lunch & breakfast (dressing on salad is okay) M: Yes,
5. Take dogs for 2 walks (Maybe just Chloe) M: No,
6. Post weight daily M: 239.4lbs, T: 239.0lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Get hubby's allergy med taken care of (should be today) M: DONE!
2. Do 2 loads of laundry during the weekdays M: 1 down,
3. Water garden & flowers M: God took care of this one,
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life (kinda stole this one from Mike & Tori ) M: See below,

Yesterday was a good day. I stuck with my fruits and veggies until dinner as I have it in my goals. Breakfast was greek yogurt and a banana. Lunch was 1 cup cantaloupe, 30 grapes and 4-5 strawberries. Snack was an apple. Today was very similar except had cottage cheese instead of yogurt and moved the strawberries to breakfast from lunch. I have made a recent discovery...It isn't the amount of food that I eat that makes me satisfied, it is the amount of bites that I get to take. So by having cut up cantaloupe and like 30 grapes I am getting like 50 bites for lunch. That fills me up so much more than a big cheeseburger. I did have 4 tootsie rolls today though

My pic today....african violets. I also love my dining area that you can see a glimpse of in the background.

Ama...He is taking a nasal spray called Astepro. He had severe nasal inflammation that caused him to feel congested all the time. This helps a lot with that symptom. He still takes Claritin every day too.

Jho...Your seat is still available in the wagon...climb back up!

Quinn...I have become known for sending food home with people or taking it to my hubby's work the next day. I can't keep stuff like that around or I will just pick, pick, pick.... I do have a bag of leftover kisses & hugs on my nightstand that I haven't touched yet. I go to extremes. Either I will eat one by one until they are all gone or I will refuse to allow myself even one.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't had time to read everyone's posts cause I've been busy doing who knows what today. I do want to give a shout out to Joanna--woohoo happy FD anniversary to you!!!

I grilled up some yummy chicken kabobs and veggies. Had one for a really late lunch, and planning on taking one to work with me tonight. Yup I said tonight!! I have to work third tonight to help our pricing lady. The higher ups at The Big Bad Bi-Lo are retarded and think one person can change prices on pretty much everything in the store So I slept in a little bit this morning....okay, okay, I didn't get out of bed until after 10! I did get a walk in though, 2.07 miles at a 14:54 min/mile. I'm not blazing, but it's a good pace for me. My little legs will only cover so much ground at a time. I promise to do a full update tomorrow when I get home from work!! I'll also post a funny pic, I'm just narrowing down the choices! I wish I had had a chance to take a pic of the police car that I saw today. There was a nice little message on the side to TEXT ANY WRONG DOINGS to blah blah number. Yes! TEXT the wrong doings. I found it funny cause, well, we aren't suppose to text and drive are we????

K, gonna take a wee little nap before getting ready for work. TaTa for now my chickadees!!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I am pushing my calories today...I ended up cooking a bigger dinner than I had planned. My son won his tournament today, including beating a boy he has never been able to beat...twice...and he asked for a roast for dinner. He really did lay it all out there today, so I agreed to that, as well as mashed potatoes! Hopefully all will still be well at the end of the night .

Tori, your kabobs sound yummy. Might put that in the rotation this week! And congrats on your walk.

Ama, you're just about at your goal! Congrats to you! I hope you stick around and share the fun that is maintenance .

Gotta run and poke the potatoes...check in with you all later!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

I'm not going to eat chips and dip. I'm not going to eat chips and dip. I'm not going to eat chips and dip.

I will eat Special K cracker chips instead
Old 06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x4: 2
2.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1249, 1081
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz., 70 oz.
4.) Study 30 mins every day: 50 mins, 1 hour

Just not uber hungry today, I guess - I'm not complaining!

Thanks, Jho and Tori, I'm pretty darn glad FitDay exists!

April, you can do it! No chips and dip!

Last edited by bojibridge; 06-20-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a little late to the party, but I got here nevertheless! I too have slacked off a bit - I did log everything, but haven't checked in here for a few days.

So nice to hear everyone's news. A few special shout outs: Quinn sounds like the party was a blast! Joanna, congrats on your anniversary! Tracey Way to go girl!

I've been in a bit of a funk - missed my goal by 3 lbs. So I just reset it to June 30! We'll see how that goes. I made a lo-carb sugarless cheesecake on Sunday for my birthday yesterday which turned out spectacular! I took some to work today which went over HUGE - no way Brian and I can eat the whole thing - locarb or not!

I did buy some yogurt and raspberries on the weekend, and even tho eating sparingly I can tell after only 2 days that they are the carbs I have to watch as I am starting to get carb cravings again. Today I'm up to 1800 cals. and 71 net carbs, so tomorrow back to square 1. At least I didn't eat any junk or sweets (do bran flakes count?)

Haven't set any goals this week other than reset mini weight goal - will regroup and refocus tomorrow.

PS: Mammogram results came back clear!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Ama, you're just about at your goal! Congrats to you! I hope you stick around and share the fun that is maintenance .
Aw... thanks for the congrats! I have been at goal more times than I can count - and always rebound 10+lbs before I realize what is going on! Then it takes 6+ months to get it off again... I definitely plan to stick with FD and try to break my bad habits... Ama - the recovering yoyo'er (it could be a word, right?)
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Sooo tired tonight (Tori, hope you rested up and are enjoying that third shift )!

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 1267,1357
2. Exercise 6 hours this week. 60 min.
3. Log everything and check in daily. Yes, Yes

4. Proof 6 reports by end of Wednesday. 2 down, 3 more
5. Write one report by end of Wednesday. 1/2 done
6. Follow up on volunteer opportunities with the boy (Tuesday). Done

7. Make a decision on carpet this weekend.
8. Replace photos on stairway and in family room this weekend.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Cate- Congratulations on the mammogram results!

Thankyou for all the woohoos regarding Mondays weigh in. This week im trying to be just as good- keeping busy is key for me especially in the house.

April- what you said about the 50 bites fo lunch has made me realise the more bites i can get in of the good stuff maybe the more satisfied i can be. Im going to practise this starting today and hopefully i wont overdo it.

Welcome back Jho- i understand that it can take a few days to get back into the routine of things but you will get there.

I had a slip up when i was over in Ireland and this resulted in 2 more weeks of not sticking to plan. Refocusing my mind and thinking about my goals has kept me going even when it feels like my legs are going to fall off.

Does having super chunky thighs make a difference to how much i feel the leg exercise?? Sure feels like i suffer more compared to the rest in class.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily (been only doing 80oz) M: 104oz, T: 104oz,
2. Exercise 4 times this week (yes night time counts too. Somehow it got in my head that if I don't do it in the morning it is lost.) M: No, T: No,
3. Walk on lunches if not raining M: 2-1/4 miles in 38minutes, T: 2 miles in 38 minutes plus to the store,
4. Fruits, veggies, or dairy (cottage cheese/yogurt) for lunch & breakfast (dressing on salad is okay) M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. Take dogs for 2 walks (Maybe just Chloe) M: No, T: No,
6. Post weight daily M: 239.4lbs, T: 239.0lbs, W: 239.2lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Get hubby's allergy med taken care of (should be today) M: DONE!
2. Do 2 loads of laundry during the weekdays M: 1 down, T: 1 in the washer,
3. Water garden & flowers M: God took care of this one, T: Yes and mulched the garden,
4. Take & post 2 pictures of something beautiful in my life (kinda stole this one from Mike & Tori ) M: See below, T: Not today,

Last evening was a tough one. Hubby made hamburger helper for dinner and I can totally just eat until it's gone with that stuff for some reason. I think it's the carbs & sodium together that get me. I limited it to two servings and was pretty proud of that. He made zucchini for a side so I loaded up on that instead. I bought a bag of no salt added chips so that he could have chips & dip and then picked up the Helluva Good french onion at the store. I knew I was going to have an issue with it. I managed to keep it to about 4-5 chips barely dipped in the dip and made myself a bowl with half a serving of Special K cracker chips instead. (I did end up going back for the other half of that serving.) The sodium put me up .2 this morning but it could have been so much worse. In the past I have been up 2-3 lbs from eating Hamburger Helper for dinner. So I'm calling it a win!

Tending the garden & porch plants last night I saw that I have a huge flower ready to open up on my bush acorn squash. I have no less than 3 Big Beef Tomatoes, 2-3 Green Peppers, 1 Red Pepper and I think 1 Orange Pepper. The cucumbers and several other squashes are getting loaded up with buds too. And the tomatoes and peppers (32 plants) almost all have flowers now. I love gardening more than I ever thought possible!

We are missing some members....Where are you Mern, Terri, Amy? There are probably others too!

Cassie ... Congrats to your son! That is a huge accomplishment to win over someone he previously couldn't beat. All that practicing must be paying off! He deserved that big dinner and you are an awesome mom for making it for him.

Mike ... I just saw Cate's mammo update and forgot to give you mine. Mine came back as no cancer suspected but lumpy. It was as expected. That is the reason I can't do self exams and rely on my OB/GYN to do them for me yearly and will probably now have yearly mammos just in case even though I am young....(ish) lol

Tori .... Your kebabs sound delish! I will be totally trying that out later this summer when I get all my colorful peppers growing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.