Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started >

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/11/12: Let's get this party started

Old 06-11-2012, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Not off to a great start. I decided to go to the dollar store to get some baskets and things to organize my kitchen better - it's a 25 minute walk each way with hills, so that was good. But when we got there the kiddo was complaining he was hungry (d'oh! Left at lunchtime without bringing any food) so I stopped at a coffee shop and got him a muffin, and ended up getting one for myself. Oops. Then after we got home hubby came home and he had bought me a cookie. Ugh. THEN I was going to make steaks for supper (a small one for me, with veggies and salad) and I opened the bag and they were GREEN. They weren't green when I put them in the freezer. SO we went out to eat. We were indecisive and ended up at a family restaurant that had nothing healthy. I had lasagna. Really all I ate today was this junk, a small salad at lunchtime, and some yogurt and berries for breakfast, so it's not TOO bad. But not the awesome day I wanted to have. All because of me being disorganized - funny, since it all went downhill when I went to get stuff to organize my kitchen. Sigh. Better day tomorrow.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1660
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - walking 1hr/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 19%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 559
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - no
8) no food after 8pm the night before - no
Old 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x4: 1
2.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1329
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 80 oz.
4.) Study 5 hours total

Spent a great deal of time and calories getting my blood sugar up today I need to figure out my pump levels again now that I've started exercising, but meanwhile it's hell on the calorie count - 330 of today's calories were glucose tablets. Ah well, gotta work with what you got!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
when someone is being all pitiful.

Originally Posted by quinnesec

Mike gave me the recipe for that awhile ago... I've fought off temptation until now. But, it's sounding pretty tasty right about now! lol
It was sooooo good. It's almost gone. The chirrens ate it and they slept like babies.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Check in;

1. 1300 or fewer calories daily. 780
2. Log everything and post goals daily. Yes
3. Exercise 6 hours (four half-hour runs, at least, included). Still have six days, right? *headdesk*
Old 06-11-2012, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Cate, you asked how I got such low fat and high fibre on only 16 net carbs.

My fat Monday came from

1 slice reduced fat provalone cheese
8 tablespoons flaxmeal
my only meat today was turkey
high fiber, low carb, low fat tortilla
almonds
low carb protein shake (6g fat per serving--I had 1 1/2 servings)
zero cholesterol egg substitute which is zero fat
a tablespoon of natural peanut butter
Old 06-11-2012, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Cate, the fat in my reports is only saturated fat which doc has me monitor to help reduce high triglycerides and high cholesterol.

I had 14.6g saturated fat which was 11% of my total calories. USA guidelines for saturated fat is 10% or less of total calories. I'm taking baby steps to get down below 10%.

But my TOTAL fat was a whopping 56.2g or 43% of my total calories

Since calories come from only three sources--carbs, fat, and protein--I have to do high protein and more total fat than I would like to keep my carbs under 25g per day to manage blood sugar without meds.

My secret for high fiber, I guess, would be flaxmeal which is zero net carb: 4g total carbs and 4g fiber per 2 tbsp. serving. I have 2-4 servings per day. It's .5g saturated fat, but 4.5g total fat per serving.

Last edited by Mern; 06-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM
FitDay Member

Tori & Mike Goals

1) Log EVERYTHING and make log public (with the exception of Mike's free day today): YES
2) walk 8 miles (weather permitting): 0
3) EAT CLEAN!!!!!: bwahahahahahahaha
4) hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: 85.5

Tori Specific Goals
1) cut Jassi's nails: no
2) get bloodwork done Wednesday
3) plan all meals ahead of time, and follow through on said plans: I'll start Tuesday

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...wner=ToriD1012

Cate-good to see you back.
Newbies-I haven't missed that you guys are here. A BIG WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
Everyone else-lets have an awesome Tuesday
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mondays report

Yesterday was crazy busy, storm here so came home to no lights, kinda messed up my house-cleaning goals, but I did cook when they came back on at 8:15! Today is going to be challenging too, my DS8 has a game out of town, gotta be good and sit and drink my water!

Health goals for week:
Cook 3 times yes, 1 down
3 big Tervis water yes
no carbs at lunch none
1 soda per day only 1
no trips to store or eating out none

Non health goals:
strip 1 bed per day no
porch cleaned no
car vaccumed no
Old 06-12-2012, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
My secret for high fiber, I guess, would be flaxmeal which is zero net carb: 4g total carbs and 4g fiber per 2 tbsp. serving. I have 2-4 servings per day. It's .5g saturated fat, but 4.5g total fat per serving.
Thanks Mern, I had a hunch you had a secret ingredient! I just found the Bob's red mill flaxseed (did I get the name right?) at my grocery store, and am planning on getting some. I do have some ground flaxseed in my cupboard which I used to throw into baking muffins, etc. but am not sure how to incorporate on induction.

How do you add it to your diet? I need to boost fibre content bcos I have had some constipation which I understand is not normal on Atkins, but I take a painkiller for my fibro so I definitely need to try and fix with diet as much as possible.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) 8 glasses of water minimum- 8
2) 1650 calories maximum - 1509
3) walk or gym 3x -walk with DH
4) stretch every day -yes and a little "gym routine"
5) 500 "real" words a day 5x a week- yes
6) 1 hour writing a day 5x a week - yes
7) 5 veggies/fruits per day -yes

Welcome everyone, new and "old." Mern, good to see ya. Tori, I know you have Mike's best interests at heart though the sabotage thought occured to me too. Quinn, hope the weather holds out. Nobe, you did try, you are not responsible for green steak, plus we all do impromptu things and at least you walked. Cate, so good to see you bak. Flax seeds have some real health benefits; people grind em and put em in liquids; some sprinkle them on cereal or salads. Curious to hear what Mern does.

Last edited by canary52; 06-12-2012 at 02:16 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.