Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Old 06-06-2012, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

TORI Hells Bells - that isn't " a pick me up" that's a "shoot me out of a cannon" WTG
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey All!! I know i disappeared for last month or so but I wanted to make sure I stopped by to thank ALL of you for the support in the months leading up to my dive. They were many times when i didn't want to get up and go to the gym but there was always someone here to cheer me on and motivate me to go. I was able to share my struggles with food and no body judged me. You just welcomed me with open arms.

So...I did the dive. A week ago today The Add Helium Dive team made a dive to 652 feet/200 meters. We had a team of support divers, as well as medical support topside. There is some discrepancy about wether this was world record for me. It appears a woman in australia in April made a dive to similar depths. At those depths it is very hard to get an exact measure. But no worries. The dive itself was the goal and we nailed it.

My body fat two days before the dive was a very low 11%! Post dive scans by researchers showed I was completely clean of the bubbles that can cause decompression illness. This was amazing. I have to contribute it to the training i did before to get in the best shape possible.

A HUGE thank you to all of you for the support leading up to the dive. I may never meet any of you but you were all a part of my accomplishment. This forum and all of you are amazing.

Now that I am back home it's back to the diet, a little less severe than before but i hope to carry on the good habits i built here. I haven't been back to the gym yet but hopefully by the weekend.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, holy cow! What a transformation! Inspirational!

Kim, welcome back! It's amazing that you did the dive. It must have been exhilerating. You broke the record in my book What an accomplishment.

We got a pretty formidable group here.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Hey All!! I know i disappeared for last month or so but I wanted to make sure I stopped by to thank ALL of you for the support in the months leading up to my dive. They were many times when i didn't want to get up and go to the gym but there was always someone here to cheer me on and motivate me to go. I was able to share my struggles with food and no body judged me. You just welcomed me with open arms.

So...I did the dive. A week ago today The Add Helium Dive team made a dive to 652 feet/200 meters. We had a team of support divers, as well as medical support topside. There is some discrepancy about wether this was world record for me. It appears a woman in australia in April made a dive to similar depths. At those depths it is very hard to get an exact measure. But no worries. The dive itself was the goal and we nailed it.

My body fat two days before the dive was a very low 11%! Post dive scans by researchers showed I was completely clean of the bubbles that can cause decompression illness. This was amazing. I have to contribute it to the training i did before to get in the best shape possible.

A HUGE thank you to all of you for the support leading up to the dive. I may never meet any of you but you were all a part of my accomplishment. This forum and all of you are amazing.

Now that I am back home it's back to the diet, a little less severe than before but i hope to carry on the good habits i built here. I haven't been back to the gym yet but hopefully by the weekend.
Awesome job Kim and WOW on the 11% bf. You must be ripped up! I trust that a video will be coming soon??
Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Awesome job Kim and WOW on the 11% bf. You must be ripped up! I trust that a video will be coming soon??
Honestly I wasn't as shredded as I thought I would be at that low of a BF. the same researcher did my body fat the year before and it was 20% They also take body measurements. I lost 7 inches off my rear

How to dive 200 meters on Vimeo on Vimeo
Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Honestly I wasn't as shredded as I thought I would be at that low of a BF. the same researcher did my body fat the year before and it was 20% They also take body measurements. I lost 7 inches off my rear

How to dive 200 meters on Vimeo on Vimeo
Thanks, once again awesome video! Music, editing, everything puts ya in the mood.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Way to go Kim!

Hey Kim awesome job! Loved the video & job well done!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

What a great video, makes the viewers feel like we're there. Was it scary? I forget: was there a professional or personal mission? You must be in hella good cardio shape, girl!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks all. Believe it or not I wasn't scared. There were some sleepless nights in the months before the dive but I worked on some sports psychology methods for dealing with huge events and manage to find some mind control. So as i entered the water I was calm and faced it like it was just another dive. Even as I descended into the darkness I was surprisingly calm.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

Tori, Great pics! You look like a totally different person!

Hope, I just meant that I'm no gardener... We have a beautifully landscaped yard with lots of flowers and everyone gives me credit, when in reality, my husband does 100% of it. I just smile and say "thank you". It drives him nuts. lol

Well, today did not turn out as planned. Much of my "To Do" list is still waiting for me in the morning. I was making lunch and my daughter came in from outside with a badly cut hand in need if stitches (her first), so my afternoon was spent at the Emergency Room. I was able to make her laugh all the way through it... a stupid family thing that we do when things aren't looking good. All is fine now, in fact she's out pontooning tonight with friends and I was able to get a late walk in. Guess my checkbook can wait until morning... Calories were pretty low as I missed lunch entirely.

Weekly Goals:

1. Walk daily, weather permitting. Yes, Yes, Yes
2. Calories between 1000-1200... I know it's low, but it's just for 2 weeks. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. NO bread, cheese, frozen yogurt, etc. Think clean, clean, clean food. None, None, Bread
5. Loose 2-3 lbs. this week... results on Saturday.
6. 80-100 oz. of liquids a day. Yes, Yes, Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.