Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 6.4.12

Old 06-04-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, Mern! You did better than I at the celebratory events this weekend... fell face first into the birthday cake... But, I'm back in the game now. What does red yeast rice powder do? Is it for High BP? I've never heard of that one before!

frenchhen, Nice to see you back! Yep, family issues can throw everything off course... calm, prayerful meditation is one of my secrets... especially when I'm out hiking.

April! Nice to "see" you! Love your pictures... You look fantastic! You always seem to keep on track... I don't know how you do it! Glad to hear everything is going well.

Mike, Buddy, Cupcake... No Sonic for you this week, my friend! No Blasts, burgers and fries... I need you to keep ME motivated! lol Start behaving or we might have to take your bike away!!! lol

Hope, Thanks so much for all of your kind words and encouragement! Things are calm for the moment, and I'm enjoying every single minute of it! What kind of stretching do you do? I do a little lower-back friendly yoga but could use some new ideas.

Nobe, Nice, steady weight-loss! You can do it this week... all of us slackers need to pull it together!

Well, I'm off to do some cooking and then out hiking in the first time in a LONG time! Beautiful weather like this can't be wasted! See you all later in the day!

quinn
Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm back and in for the week. Took a couple of weeks off - just too darn busy at work to try to keep up with everything and a few things had to give.

I ended the month much better than I thought - a total of 7.8 pounds and 13 inches total gone for good! A friend of mine in Arizona posted on facebook about a change in her eating habits and how much better she felt overall, etc. This is a grandmother of 8 who is fit, trim and bikes 75 miles a day as well as work, etc. So I asked her about her changes in eating habits and she explained to me her whole foods way of eating. Taking her advice on a few websites, books etc. I dove in to the research and have been following what I have read about. Miraculously it is working with very little effort. Basically a vegetarian diet but more importantly a diet that is full of fresh fruits and vegetables. It's not a 'diet' in terms of eliminating calories or certain foods for a short period of time, but a permanent change in your eating habits and the foods you choose. And it fits well with my way of eating when I do cook at home. So for me the biggest change is I must cook at home more and not eat out (which I love to do)

My goals for the week:

1. Drink 100 oz of water
2. Bed by 11 pm
3. Walk / exercise everyday
4. Dishes everyday
5. Desk cleaned off by Thursday

Here's to a great month of June!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Will be back in a bit. Got some other things going on, but first want to shoot this reply to April.

April! Hi! I've been having a hard time getting my scale to move, too, and I think I MAY have finally gotten to that point. Hoping you are coming along for that ride. OMG, it's wonderful that you are able to go on that camping trip Friday. Wishing you a really great, relaxing time. Kudos on your oldest son's grades and I certainly do wish you the best with younger son's academic and therapy achievements. You and your DH deserve so much credit for the unconditional, loving support of your kids. Good for you for not pushing the mainstream school until you are convinced he can handle it. Aw, his laughing and talking must really be encouraging for you. OMG, I love that pic of you below--you look even younger than in your avatar. I am so jealous of your before size 30 and during size 16 yeans. What an exciting and well-deserved accomplishment. I know how hard you worked for that! I was in a size 26-28 jean shorts last year and this year got size 18-20, so I'm right behind you. Even when I weighed 107 (yes, one hundred seven) I had to wear size 14 due to post childbirth pelvic spread, so my wide hips are forever.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I call it stretching but it is a little mini floor workout routine. I do some yoga stuff (cat pose, plank, child's prayer, downward facing dog) but also 3 types of ab crunches, and leg lifts. I also do runner's stretches, and stuff like dropping my lower back to the floor, bringing my knees to my chest. Lately I have been adding arm stuff, bicep curls, triceps stuff without weights: I hope to get to use weights again soon. I hope my back/ fibro stuff allows me to go to the gym or walk in the woods which I have been enjoying so much alone,with my friends, with DD or sometimes DH. Having chronic back/knee stuff for over 30 years, the one thing I learned is ya gotta move!!!

Mern, I too am curious about this red yeast rice powder of which you speak.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Ughhh, just pigged out on fresh pineapple. It could've been worse I know but it's still a ton of sugar. Moral: do not eat and read.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, doc suggested the red yeast rice to help lower my high LDL (bad cholesterol) and high triglycerides because I refuse to accept the risks of statin class medications. They have come down quite a bit through diet and fish oil capsules, but not enough.

But she cautioned as did Mayo clinic, that use of red yeast rice is controversial and should never be taken without approval of one's doctor.

I fought white knuckling it when live-in DH took her sister (off early from school due to exams this week) to the grocery store with her while I was typing my post to April. It was a really fun "first" for the two of them.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Awww Mern, those GD trips to the grocery store are sweet! They will be closer together for having done stuff like that now.

Hope...I'm glad to hear that you are getting more stretching and movement going on with your fibro. That's gotta be tough.

Mike & Tori...I hope I get to see the results of this week's challenge!

Quinn...I honestly don't know how I seem to basically maintain either. I had a cupcake last night and licked the fingers, spatula, icing bag, etc while I made them. But was still about the same weight this morning. I really wish the scale would cooperate more often though! LOL

With summer coming, I am much more into fresh foods. So far today I have eaten a Greek yogurt with a banana, 2 slices of tomato and about 1/3 of a huge cucumber cut up in a bowl with just black pepper sprinkled on for season (I was tempted to spritz on the ranch spritz but tried it without and it was yummy!) and two pickled eggs (just the whites) and I forced down two cubes of red beet too just because I should learn to eat them! That's a whopping 322 calories so far today with 229 of it being breakfast. So after my lunch walk here I will probably have an apple and a 90 calorie pack of graham crackers if the apple doesn't fix me up until dinner time. I am so loving this new way of eating.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone, glad to see you all here, and, from the sounds of it, doing so well! This group is so motivating .

Goals are the same for me, pretty much this week. I need to get that exercise going. I am really struggling with that one, with making the time for it, but it is key to me being sane and healthy. I keep hearing almeeker's voice in my head saying, "get up an hour earlier," but in truth, that would leave me sleeping about 5 hours and I don't think I can do that on a regular basis! So I need to get going on thinking of a creative way to get it in and that will be the goal I will not miss this week!

1. 1300 or fewer calories.
2. Make a pretty pie chart.
3. Drink water, drink water, drink water.
4. Exercise 6 hours.
5. Log everything; update goals daily.
6. Sleep 7 hours (per night, not per week ).

Plus tasks I've been putting off or we've been too busy to do:

7. Take the boy driving at least three times.
8. Replace family pics in frames on stairway and family room.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry, I need to rant

I'm grumpy as all get-out, and hubby just keeps making it worse and worse. After four years, he still doesn't get that if I'm sick and/or have PMS (it's both ATM), he needs to either be gentle and helpful or stay the %#&@ out of my way. Every 5 minutes he's saying "what's your problem?" and I have to say, again, "I'M SICK!" and then he gets mad at me for getting mad at him. Seriously, if he's going to be mad at me for being sick and grumpy, he just shouldn't come in the house. Yesterday I felt like I was going to pass out in the afternoon, and he just took off to run errands and left the kid with me. It wouldn't even occur to him to try to help me out when I don't feel well, but he gets mad at me for not being a ray of sunshine about it. He's so damn oblivious. Ugh. I think I'm just annoyed with the whole world today.

Going to try not to deal with it by stuffing my face. Luckily there's no more cake. It's a cake kinda day.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec

Mike, Buddy, Cupcake... No Sonic for you this week, my friend! No Blasts, burgers and fries... I need you to keep ME motivated! lol Start behaving or we might have to take your bike away!!! lol

quinn
Cupcake? I'm blushing. No Sonic at all? Okay you got it. I'll do my best to keep you motivated!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.