Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

For today:
1.) Workout x3: 2.5
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day: 1185, 1298, not sure, 1313
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz., 64 oz., 64 oz., 64 oz.
4.) Start studying for candidacy exam in August

Today was good... pretty lazy, should have worked more

Tori, thanks for the kudos! I think I missed it, but who's whatshisname?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

I missed it, too, I think, during the crazy weeks...just sending good vibes regarding whatshisname and hugs for the tears!

Good jawb this week, Joanna!
Old 05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Tori - omg its soooooo good - and sooooo bad at the same time!!! Highly recommended if your into the "romance" novels! I'm already getting pumped for books 2 and 3 and I'm not done the first one! I can't put it down!! It will consume you.....but you might want whatshisname home when you read it...just a warning!

Check in # 2 - still on track - had a nice long bath tonight and I'm just about to finally sit down with hubby and with my tea to watch Rookie Blue!! No nap for Mz Makenna today makes for a loooooonnnnngggg day!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie & Joanna-Whatshisname is the blind date I went on a while back. Needless to say, it went well. His duty station was changed, and he went to Germany, now just waiting for him to come home for good. October can't get here soon enough. I swore I'd never date another military guy after DB, but WsHN is different. He's not a career man. Tears are cause I miss him, but I'll be okay. Luckily he's got a Mon-Fri job, so I get to talk to him daily (except for the occasional 24 hr duty). I really didn't expect to miss him so much, cause it's so soon. But I do, and it's thrown me for a loop (thus the "no panicking" goal). I think that should catch everybody up.

Jho-I'll definitely wait to get the book then
Old 05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, horrible day today. Hubby's birthday, and stressful dinner at my mom's, plus I'm getting the kiddo's cold. Oh well, back in the saddle tomorrow. Hopefully I don't get too sick.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480, 1584, 1528, 2488
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights, 1.5hrs gardening/weights, painted 7 hrs, nothing
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%, 22%, 18%, 16%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, no idea - not enough, 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729, 735, 1247, +421
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes, yes, yes, no
Old 06-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Check in from Thursday:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1289, 1413, 1387, 1232
2. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min, 60 min
3. Be a member of the "PCC". Yes, Not in the AM (jail); rebounded in PM, Fair, Fair-maybe the PT(ranslucent)C?
4. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours. 6, 6, 6, 7
6. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes, Yes, Too low on protein, It's perfect today!

7. Finish the first Report from Hell on Monday It's done...now to start on the other one of the pair...

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you are all ready to Weekend Warrior!

Nobe, hope you are feeling okay today. Summer colds stink! Today is a new day. You've been so strong I have no doubt you are back in the saddle already.

Mern, enjoy your day! Happy Graduation!

Tori, thanks for catching me up. Enjoy the ride!

Jho, hope you had a good night, wink, wink...
Old 06-01-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y, Y, Y, Y
2. PM workout - interval training - 3 days/week(at least)!! N, Y:23min, Y:23min, no interval but full body workout with situps, pushups, calfraises, leg lifts and bicep curls!
3. Min 72 crunches/day! N, Y, Y, Y
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (elevated)! N, Y, Y, Y (noticed the 5 pushups getting easier - crazy!!)
5. Drink 1 tea/day! N, Y (cinnamon and spice before bed while enjoying a good book!), Y, Y
6. Check in min 2x/day! N, Y, Y, Y
7. Think POSITIVE! (stealing this from you Hope) N, Y, Y, ....Y/N
8. Focus more on my sex life! (I won't go into details ladies but I need to do this so its officially a goal!) Y, Y………y, Y

I'm hoping for 3rd interval tonight but looks like some MarioKart on the Wii might be happening at 930 with friends from Toronto! Crossing fingers for an early bedtime for the kids!!

I would like to take a few moments to get a little bit sappy... I know that I've been in and out of this forum for the past few weeks but seriously, I cannot thank each and every one of you enough for being here! I'm really starting to notice little things in my fitness life that hit my like a brick wall last night. I did 84 various crunches last night in the time span of 10 min..... I remember in March struggling for 10 crunches! WHHHAAAT! Its crazy! And like I said above I can feel my straight leg pushups getting easier to complete! This was just the push I needed for myself. I completely lose focus when I'm not logging in (should not be used as an excuse to fall off the wagon and will have to work this out for summer vacation!) Anyway, like I said, I'm finally starting to notice the progress that isn't particularly "weight" related and it feels really good so big hugs to everyone - we can do this together! THANK YOU!

Cassie - uuuummmm yes! (seriously get the book!) I still laugh at your PCC!

Tori - You are such a romantic and I smile when you write about WsHN! You have until October to completely focus on yourself! Hit it hard girl!

Nobe - awe sweetheart.... I'm hoping the cold doesn't hit you too hard! Did your mom pull any silly stunts last night and did your Hubby at least enjoy his birthday? (I would also recommend the aforementioned book! Its working wonders for this gal!)
Old 06-01-2012, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals- Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes (and it seems to work so far)
2)1650 calories MAX- 1420, 1234, 1290, 1556
3) eat outside when I can -2 meals, too hot by dinner time, Yes, Yes, yes (loving it)
4) 8 glasses of water - 8, 6, 14!!!!, 9
5) strrretch _ Yes, Yes, yes, Yes
6) gym or walk (even short amounts) 3x- long walk in woods, No, NO, I swear I was about to go, had my athletic shoes on and then was hijacked by DD to go shopping for prom stuff- does mall walking count? (didn't actually do much of that either frankly)
7) write whatever (journal, free writing) 1 hour per day - yes, Yes, yes, yes
8) 500 words "real" writing 5x this week - Yes, yes, yes, yes
9) book tix for Fla -not yet, no, no, looked at prices - too high
10) meditate - no, no,yes, no
11) stop thinking I am the worst parent in the world - started out bad but then OK and back again when I see my DD unhappy and struggling (especially due to a very troubled friend she feels responsible for), trying, getting better, yes
12 be present - Yes, yes, half and half, yes
13)5 fruits/veg per day (just added this one) yes, yes, no-4, yes

DONE:
1) see acupuncturist for my back - not yet, yes
2) fill out insurance forms -not yet, yes
3) book appointment for DD shot/college health - not yet but got dates, yes
4) book appointment for Ginger - No, yes
Old 06-01-2012, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, tell Quinn I am so sorry about her Mom and so happy for her for all the her DD's many accomplishments. Very impressive!!! I also hope the grad party goes off well with minimal stress and wear and tear on her.

As for you, Ms Mern, it's great you have such a good doc; doctors should spend the time needed. I know your numbers are gonna be great; keep doing what you're doing! And yeah there is nothing like fresh veggies from the garden. Nature's candy. Did I just write that? Ewwwww..

Tori, Doritos and Cheezits, now there are things you aint gonna find in nature. What is Shine?

Joho, I might try Zumba at my gym, if I get over the fear of looking as clutzy as I am and if I could keep up. Ya know, the Youtube ones are sounding better...I love your sex life goal. My joke is that DH gets excited at the sight of flannel....LOL. TMI!!! I think Mike dresses more sexy than I...what with the clamshell bra and pink thong and all... Is 50 Shades any good? I read bits on Amazon and the writing seemed kinda eh but then again maybe nobody reads it for the writing...

Cassie, It's my DD; I don't have a GD and yeah I'm gonna miss her like crazy even tho she drives me crazy (not a long trip admittedly.) Her major is creative writing/journalism, Lord help us, so we might very well see her back in 4 years!!! JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't participate this week, but I've been logging some pretty insane hours at work and then sleeping (gotta love the work/sleep cycle) and I haven't really been near a computer except to check e-mails quickly. I've eaten terribly and I don't even want to look at a scale. I'm going to try to get back to my routine this weekend now that 15-hour days are FINALLY done (I had to bang out 14 surgeries this week) as a result of being short-handed.

I may or may not post weekend mini-goals later

Hugs to all!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.