Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mike, I'm trying.

As for the back, I had a car accident recently and then slipped on wet tiles in the bathroom and fell in the same spot I hurt in the accident. I've been trying to move around and stretch and not depend on meds when I can avoid it. I took this incredibly long walk in the woods today (no meds at all, not even Aleve or Advil, never mind the other stuff) I was AMAZED I could do it considering how bad my back's been feeling. I'm hoping tomorrow I feel good because at the moment I'm OK. Also I went to Vermont, 5 hours in the car each way and my back was not a happy camper.

Thanks for asking!!! How have you been? How's your back been? I know you have had some chronic issues too. I don't know if you ever tried acupuncture but it really helps me. Actually I go to someone who does a combination of stuff: accupuncture, cranial sacral stuff, massage and various movements and whatever voodoo she does really helps. I have gone in bent over and a day or two after treatment have really gotten great results.

Last edited by canary52; 05-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, I hope you have some relief soon.

Check in:

1. Calories 1300 or fewer. 1289
2. Exercise 6 hours. 60 min
3. Be a member of the "PCC". Yes
4. Log everything. Yes
5. Sleep 7 hours. 6
6. Follow my pie chart rules. Yes

7. Finish the first Report from Hell on Monday Still working...
Old 05-28-2012, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Monday report:

Eat veganY
Reasonable portion sizesN
1 hr of exercise Y
'Me' timeY
Don't forget the waterY

So yeah, vegan week is starting for me and I'm feeling pretty good about it, so far at least. It's my moms birthday tomorrow. I'm kind if nervous about calling her because she always finds a way to insult me or my diet or my exercise regimen weather she intends to insult me or not. She's one of those people who has never stepped into a gym in her life, will eat an entire bag or chips in one sitting yet remains underweight. My plan is to keep off the topic for as much as I can;talk about her life and not mine. We'll see how it goes.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes
Old 05-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nobe
1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes
Yowza, what a day! You go, girl!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

1.) Workout x3: 1ish
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day: 1185
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day: 64 oz.
4.) Start studying for candidacy exam in August

Today was pretty chill. My chart wasn't uberbalanced (read: at all, pretty carbtastic) but I'll take it!.

Nice job, nobe!
Old 05-29-2012, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, awesome!!!
Joanna, you didn't do too bad yourself.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everybody! I'm not sure whats going on with me...could be a weird combination of allergies, the weather system, trying to come off my PPD pills, the fact that hubby was a away for a week, the house NOT selling.... I don't know - last week was just crappy and I have this constant dull headache. I was sad that I couldn't log in but stayed on track. I guess I was just huddled in the corner of the wagon but I was there and as a result I am down to 160! As much as I hate weighing in I guess its just a fact of life Its like it calls my name from the laundry room knowing that I can't resist the curiosity! Do they have scales that talk to you cuz that would be awesome (PP!) Like a machine that kept track of your weight and if you gain than it scolds you and if you lose then it congratulates you! oh I think its going to be a long day! Ill post some goals in a bit - I want to be a little more creative than my normal goals.... tried to stay caught up but I'm sure I missed alot. I hope that everyone is doing well and good luck on your goals this week! I will log in as much as possible!
Old 05-29-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

I think I want to start drinking tea.... I know nothing about it but I assume its better than coffee (health wise)? Does anybody here drink tea? How do you drink it and do you add anything to it?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- Firstly id like to show my respect to all the war heroes past and present.

For me im back to basics this week and trying to get back on track-its my weigh in on wednesday and telling myself that whatever the damage i will put it right. Just hoping that its not too bad but i will let you all know.

# stick to point allowance
# not to be influenced by alcohol when around others drinking- this makes me drink when i dont plan or want to.
# 3 meals a day- no snacking on the bad stuff
# drink more water
# use warm weather to my advantage- walk, trips to park, bike rides, swim
# carry on even when it gets tough- stop feeling guilty when ive gone off track! Put it behind me and start afresh
# make efforts with food preparation-make time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.