Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started! >

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 5/28/12...Holiday, Schmoliday, Let's Get it Started!

Old 05-28-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Nobe, you've been meeting your mini goals. I'll bet you will make the next one, too, despite your not being happy with how you did this past week.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Is Memorial Day a sombre holiday? I keep seeing things for Memorial Day sales, or "Lose 15 pounds by Memorial Day!" on magazines, or things about Memorial Day BBQs. We have Remembrance Day in November, but it's pretty serious, almost like a funeral.

My granddad was some mucky-muck in WWII, and my dad's brother died in Korea. I didn't know either of them, though. I actually don't think I've ever known anyone who's gone to war. I have family that is/was in the military, but more in office-type jobs. Canada doesn't really get too involved with wars anyway, beyond peacekeeping.

Mern - thanks I think I'm just feeling down about still trying to get that 5 pounds off. I don't want to be up on my weigh-in day. At this point I'll settle for not losing, but I still have two pounds to get off by Wednesday to be the same as last week. But it's a new week and a new chance to kick myself in the butt.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

nobe--Memorial Day is actually the day that was set aside to honor fallen troops. But sadly that fact gets lost on a lot of people now. I'm all for BBQs and the like, I just with more attention was paid to the actual meaning of the day. I come from a long line soldiers, sailors, and marines so maybe it means a little more to me than most. I don't do the grilling and such, because I normally have to work (it's just another day in the land of grocery retail).
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, I had to work every holiday but Christmas when I was in retail. I didn't mind most of them, because it meant time and a half and an extra day off later.

I'm actually surprised Remembrance Day hasn't been made more commercial. Seems like they'll use any excuse to get people to buy stuff. Maybe because it's in November and is usually raining.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hope.

Sweetie, I can tell by all your posting throughout the years that you are decidedly NOT the worst parent in the world. I see you as a loving, caring, common-sense, holding-tough parent who is sometimes frustrated (as we all are) but doing an absolute bang-up job holding true to what you believe about what is best for your children regardless of how much grief you get. Everything you do is motivated by care and concern and that, my friend, is good parenting in my book.

Oh, and PCC is "pee clear club," another way of saying drink enough water!
Thank you so much for your kindness, Cassie. I realized today that thinking I am the worst parent is not saying much for how awesome my child is and how many amazing and positive lessons she has learned, which I will not take total credit for but I do know I have tried my best to help guide her. I just had a very depressing conversation yesterday with a friend, a parent who blames himself, his GF (one of my best friends) and all the parents he sees as not being "authoritative" enough and it got to me. Also went to a wedding where there was "the model child," 16 years old, carefree, athletic, social and outgoing and many things that my child is not. But you know, my DD has come so far and while it breaks my heart that she has had such a tough time in high school and learned lessons the hard way, she IS learning and what's more, she is trying to be more positive and to deal with her problems more constructively.

Thanks for clearing up PCC, Cassie, pardon the pun. I too would like to be a member.

Mern, I was gonna clear the mini goals off my signature because I have not met them yet but you give me inspiration!! And such encouragement. I think I can meet my goals and I feel a lot better after a long walk in the woods with my friend ) the aforementioned GF who is facing challenges with her son.)

No barbeque for me today but maybe my way of honoring the troops is by feeling that none of us should give up the battle.

Last edited by canary52; 05-28-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Mike's Goals

1--gallon o' water
2--1% challenge
3--2K deficit (giving you a break cause you're gonna overeat today )
4--8 miles, gym 3 times
5--all vitamins
6--4 RAKs
7--2 policies
Old 05-28-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Blood type 0 diet - m/y
calories intake max 1200 - m/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y
drink neem - m/n
don't eat junk food - m/y
don't drink alcohol - m/n
drink lots of water - m/y
take walks - m/y
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Mike's Goals

1--gallon o' water
2--1% challenge
3--2K deficit (giving you a break cause you're gonna overeat today )
4--8 miles, gym 3 times
5--all vitamins
6--4 RAKs
7--2 policies
4 RAKs? Are you trying to make me some "Mr. Nice Guy"?
Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) plan meals- Yes
2)1650 calories MAX- 1420
3) eat outside when I can -2 meals, too hot by dinner time
4) 8 glasses of water - 8
5) strrretch _ Yes
6) gym or walk (even short amounts) 3x- long walk in woods
7) write whatever (journal, free writing) 1 hour per day - yes
8) 500 words "real" writing 5x this week - Yes
6) see acupuncturist for my back - not yet
7) book tix for Fla -not yet
9) fill out insurance forms -not yet
10) book appointment for DD shot/college health - not yet but got dates
11) book appointment for Ginger - No
12) meditate - no
13) stop thinking I am the worst parent in the world - started out bad but then OK and back again when I see my DD unhappy and struggling (especially due to a very troubled friend she feels responsible for)
14) be present - Yes

Last edited by canary52; 05-29-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, congrats on getting off to a strong start. What's going on with you back??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.