Thanks to all who sent PM's, well-wishes, prayers, and good vibes! It's been really crazy, but I'm happy to report that all is currently under control. I am so very lucky to have stumbled onto this website a few years ago... the friends that I made here are so kind, compassionate and supportive. You are all amazing and I'm really blessed to know all of you! I can't even begin to tell you how much it meant to me to be going through all of my email to "see" a happy, familiar message from one of you. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Tonight, I am going to "let my hair down" and attend a birthday party for a wonderful friend. I feel a little guilty, but maybe I can get a "prescription" from Cassie for a stress-releaser of the beverage form for the evening... lol. Husband will have to be the designated driver for the night.
Diet-wise, I've been fully back on track for about a week and my weight has come back down to my usual 5-6 lbs. that I always struggle with. I'll use the party in a few weeks as my motivation to keep the weight loss going as I've purchased a really great new outfit that will not allow for any extra pounds!
Other than the alcohol tonight, I should be able to keep my food calories in check, as long as I can put blinders on to the birthday cake... my complete weakness. (Talk about Kryptonite!)
Enjoy your weekend all, and I will join you, in full force, on Monday!
Live-in GD's graduation was wonderful. I was so proud I was ready to burst. The kids wanted to go to a pizza joint afterwards so we did that with her BF and his family, even though we went out to breakfast with them yesterday morning. I stayed on plan at breakfast, but I cheated on carbs at the pizza parlor with half a steak hoagie. Then we had cake at home. But I'm back on track today.
Live-in GD got her car title and insurance, registration and license plates on her first car today, so we went and got her new windshield wipers, driveway reflector markers. Went for a ride--I hope she drives that carefully all the time--I was impressed since I've never let her drive my car. So we passed another milestone--no more having to drive her all over the place.
Doing well on exercise and food today, but not on water due to all the errands.
Welcome callaquill. So glad you joined us.
Hi and big hugs to the Weekend Warriors here. Will try to catch up later.
Age 67, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 3/26/2014 223.4
Current weight 4/4/2014 221.2
I feel like a garburetor lately. I keep having high hopes for myself when I get up in the morning, have a decent breakfast, and then it's all downhill from there, stuffing my face with crap. It doesn't help that hubby bought himself a big fancy chocolate birthday cake and it's staring at me every time I open the fridge. And he decided he didn't want it after all before he even tried it, so I'm the only one eating it. Ugh. I'm still kind of sick. It comes and goes. My ears are plugged and my throat is sore. I want to go to bed early but the kiddo fell asleep at the dinner table at quarter to six, so I don't know what my night is going to be like. Chances are he'll wake up at midnight and I won't be able to get him back to sleep. I'm grouchy today! I need my motivation back.
1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1480, 1584, 1528, 2488, 1608 (for 8 calories, I'm counting it!), 2060
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/gardening/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 1hr walking/weights, 1.5hrs gardening/weights, painted 7 hrs, nothing, painted 7 hrs, 1hr walking/1/2hr gardening
3) 20% protein minimum - 23%, 22%, 18%, 16%, 19%, 15%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, no idea - not enough, 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 729, 735, 1247, +421, 1163, 122
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before - yes, yes, yes, no, yes, no
Start: Feb 1/12 - 203lbs
Currently: 173.5 lbs
mini goal: 168 lbs
final goal: 140lbs
Thanks and congratulations to your granddaughter! Neither of us should feel guilty for our celebratory, 1-day calories... we delivered a couple of 18 year-olds successfully to adulthood... that deserves and requires celebration, right?? (Now, try not to "white-knuckle" each time she pulls out of the driveway!! lol)
Well Buddy, it's 7:00 a.m. and I most definitely let my hair down... lol and down... and down... haha. Ugh... I just might be too old for this... Some Tylenol and a 32 oz. McDonald's Coke may be in my future... Oh, and I don't remember, but I think I fell, face-first, into the birthday cake...
Onward to tomorrow and clean, healthy eating!!! lol
Nobe, I hope you feel better!!! You can do it, honey!! We're with ya!!! In my mind, I am throwing that cake right in the garbage!!! Along with all the chocolate, cookies and chips I ate yesterday. Even though they were sugar free they were not calorie free and I really went nuts! It happens!! Let's motivate each other!!!
1) plan meals- Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes (and it seems to work so far), yes but went off a bit, NO and see what happened
2)1650 calories MAX- 1420, 1234, 1290, 1556, 1496, 1996
3) eat outside when I can -2 meals, too hot by dinner time, Yes, Yes, yes (loving it), yes once before it poured,? breakfast maybe?
4) 8 glasses of water - 8, 6, 14!!!!, 9, 8, 10
5) strrretch _ Yes, Yes, yes, Yes, yes, yes
6) gym or walk (even short amounts) 3x- long walk in woods, No, NO, I swear I was about to go, had my athletic shoes on and then was hijacked by DD to go shopping for prom stuff- does mall walking count? (didn't actually do much of that either frankly), 3 mile walk, NO
7) write whatever (journal, free writing) 1 hour per day - yes, Yes, yes, yes, yes, not an hour
8) 500 words "real" writing 5x this week - Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, No
9) book tix for Fla -not yet, no, no, looked at prices - too high, no, no
10) meditate - no, no,yes, no, no, no
11) stop thinking I am the worst parent in the world - started out bad but then OK and back again when I see my DD unhappy and struggling (especially due to a very troubled friend she feels responsible for), trying, getting better, yes, yes, yes
12 be present - Yes, yes, half and half, yes, yes, yes and NO
3) 5 fruits/veg per day (just added this one) yes, yes, no-4,yes, yes no