Notices

Having a hard time keeping my chin up..

Old 04-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

What a great treat! I'm glad you did something so nice for yourself, and it wasn't food related! Plus, you can't eat during a massage...way to go .

As if all you've been through isn't enough to cause mood swings, now the meds and the diet change can wreak havoc with emotions, too...you really have been getting it from all sides. It sounds like you are a very direct and no-nonsense person who has just been slammed with frustration, but darn if you aren't dealing with it, so good on you!

Some days your chin will be up; some days it won't be. The key is to find healthy ways of dealing with that and knowing that "this too shall pass." I'm glad to see you using your posts as a way to get it out there. Invariably, when one person is having an off day, other are right on track and can be there for a quick pick up. I've been a champion whiner myself but tend to put it under the more positive heading of "asking for help when I need it."

Take care!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Happy Easter- but keep off the choccie-eggs!

Good Friday, 2nd April, 2010

Hi there! Don't give yourself such a hard time!
I think you have done wonderfully well to do what you have done so far.
Pick yourself-up - dust yourself off and start again from TODAY!
Live in the moment from now-on.

I've just signed on to this service today.
I live in the highlands of Scotland, U.K. and have been following the Cambridge Weightloss plan since Saturday 30th January, 2010. So far I've lost 2 stone (that is 28pounds). I am determined to lose weight before my nephew's wedding on Sat., 25th September,2010 - I don't want to be the "BLOB" on the family photographs. I can honestly say thaat I have never been hungry on this plan. I must admit that I have been bored - have felt like eating - just for the sensation of it - but I've never felt hungry or unwell. Do try it for yourself, if you can obtain it in the U.S.A. I'll be thinking of you! Bye.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Great news Naomi! Thanks for sharing that, I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing and am so glad that things are moving in the right direction again! Have a happy holiday weekend.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone...Don't know if you saw my other post, but I broke a plateau this a.m. (finally out of the 200's!)...granted I had a mess of steamed crabs for lunch so I don't want to see the scale tomorrow. Obviously, I'm burning more calories hobbling around on crutches than I thought. Life's looking up! Thanks for all the support. Have a blessed Easter...and if you're going to get into the Easter baskets...just nibble the ears off the bunnies!! Hugs to all... Naomi
Old 04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, Naomi...I am so jealous! I grew up eating Chesapeake Bay Blue crabs but we can't get any where I am, other than the fake stuff in the grocery stores. I hope you enjoyed them! Congrats again on breaking out of your 200s!
Old 04-04-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Oh, Naomi...I am so jealous! I grew up eating Chesapeake Bay Blue crabs but we can't get any where I am, other than the fake stuff in the grocery stores. I hope you enjoyed them! Congrats again on breaking out of your 200s!
Cassie...Love, love, love, the blue crabs, but these were just plain ole steamed (from frozen) snow crabs from Joe's. I'd seen one too many of those steamer pot commercials and having been stuck in the house since my last trip to the doctor...living mostly on lettuce, oranges, and hard boiled eggs...will-power went out the window! The good thing is, I like them plain, steamed w/o the gooey icky butter so the only downside is all the extra sodium. And they were extra super yummy! Hugs and a blessed Easter to all! N