FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Quotes that motivate, encourage, and inspire you. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/747-quotes-motivate-encourage-inspire-you.html)

DeathArrow 03-30-2010 10:53 AM

Quotes that motivate, encourage, and inspire you.

Hola mis amigas. :)
I decided to start a thread for quotes that inspire us. Alot of you have some in your signatures, but if you know more, you can post them here.

:cool::cool::cool:

desertmountain 03-31-2010 04:08 AM

Jim Ryun, "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
and my latest signature by Winston Churchill. I also like the funny one of Orson Wells saying his doctor told him to lose weight he had to quit eating intimate dinners for 4 -- unless there were 3 other people present at the table. :D

mandab1 03-31-2010 04:15 AM

"The first and best victory is to conquer self" -Plato

I just put this quote on my fridge.

onefunolygirl2 03-31-2010 05:38 PM

Not so much inspirational but really make you think.

Great idea. I have a pretty extensive collection of quotes. A couple of quotes that I like which are geared towards dieting and losing weight are:

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork. ~English Proverb

It isn't the weight that you lose... it is the weight you keep off that is important. ~ Author Unknown

"I now look for my excitement in my life, rather than in my mouth." –dreamerdee

More die in the United States of too much food than of too little. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, The Affluent Society

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

onefunolygirl2 03-31-2010 05:47 PM

Now a few of my favorite inspirational quotes.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"Don't give up what you want the most, for what you want at the moment"

"It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." William Shakespeare

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction"

Yesterday is history…Tomorrow is a mystery…Today is gift… that must be why the call it the present!

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin living it." -W. M. Lewis

veixsus 03-31-2010 07:05 PM

What a perfect idea for a thread, thank you for making this! I love some of the quotes posted so far, and I might use them around my house - hings like that really help to keep me motivated. :)

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. - Jim Rohn

mc3150 03-31-2010 11:48 PM

Quotes

It's mind over matter:
if you don't mind it doesn't matter.
:)

Lizzycritter 04-01-2010 12:03 PM

Garbage in, garbage out :D

If you don't start in life somewhere, you'll get nowhere, so you have to start where you are" Yoga instructor Gurmukh

Built 04-01-2010 10:58 PM

I'm going to have to get back to you on quotes, but I absolutely love this thread idea and am going to copy down some of your quotes. They're great!:D

onefunolygirl2 04-05-2010 01:22 PM

Just saw this one on a different board and thought I would share.

"If you think you can...your right. If you think you can't...your right."

almeeker 04-06-2010 01:23 AM

Some of my faves:

If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

Obesity feeds itself.

Move it, lose it.

nrh322 04-06-2010 04:04 AM

What an awesome thread!

Some of my favorites:

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." Plato

"I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul." Henley

"The softest pillow is a clear conscience." Norman Vincent Peale

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Ghandi

And, of course, the Rand quote from my signature...

Just a few...I could do this all day!

:)

onefunolygirl2 04-06-2010 11:23 AM

"Live your life as you see fit, those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"

jacquelinepaterson 04-24-2010 09:32 AM

This is a little late, but I just found this thread and I like it. I don't know who said these.

* The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago.... the second best time is today.

* Every journey begins with but a single step.

*True happiness is not having everything you want....but wanting everything you have.

cjohnson728 04-24-2010 11:08 AM

Not particularly profound, but some days I need to tell myself...

"Pull up your big girl panties and deal with it!"

(The one that motivates me is in my sig).

fletch8502 04-26-2010 12:51 PM

Just came across a bunch of quotes I compiled a while back. Of course, I didn't take the time to write down who said them, so just know that none of them are mine... =)

"It doesn't matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop."

"Don't give up 5 minutes before the miracle."

"Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better."

"Some people dream of success. Others wake up and work hard at it."

"Sometimes there is no next time, no second chance, no time out. Sometimes it's now or never."

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."

"Can't is a word you use when you don't want to."

"Improvements are made over time, not overnight."

"Start by doing the necessary, then the possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

"Determination today leads to success tomorrow."

"There are only two ways to fail at anything that you do: Quit or don't start."

"If you're driving down the road and get a flat tire, do you fix it by slashing the other three?"

"Set small and realistic goals. 5 minutes of something good is better than 5 minutes of something bad, and better than nothing at all. Give yourself credit for even the smallest successes. It's not about starting over Monday. It's about starting over now. And it's not about being perfect or imperfect, bad or good. It's about doing your best."

"Since every failure is a lesson, every challenge an opportunity, and every joy a triumph, it's hard to go wrong."

bsaz 04-27-2010 01:19 AM

Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

Browneyez31 04-27-2010 03:58 AM

These ones is very true for me:

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be." - David Viscott

"Gluttony is an emotional escape, a sign something is eating us" - Peter De Vries

"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip" - Arnold H. Glasgow

Browneyez31 04-27-2010 04:41 AM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/grin930l.jpg