Notices

Oh no!!!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Oh no!!!!!

Okay, don't make fun of me, but this is SERIOUS!
So, I've been doing lots of squats and lunges to work my bum into shape. It's working, yay! But here's the issue....it's visibly uneven!!!!!! now my lower back was thrown out for a bit and it caused my one glute to be considerably tighter than the others, so now that I've been cracked into shape by the chiropractor, hopefully this issue resolves itself :P
Old 05-26-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by azazelsfyre
Okay, don't make fun of me, but this is SERIOUS!
So, I've been doing lots of squats and lunges to work my bum into shape. It's working, yay! But here's the issue....it's visibly uneven!!!!!! now my lower back was thrown out for a bit and it caused my one glute to be considerably tighter than the others, so now that I've been cracked into shape by the chiropractor, hopefully this issue resolves itself :P
That's actually kinda serious. It looks like maybe you need to work on form. Squats and lunges certainly challenge the back, but they shouldn't rely on the back muscles as much as the core muscles especially abs. Keeping the core tight is key to doing them properly. I don't know if you are working out at a gym or at home, but you might check out a couple of websites or ask a trainer for some guidence. Watch yourself in a mirror, straight back, shoulders back, head up, engage the abdominals, and rather than thinking about lifting your body up, think about pushing the floor down.

Oh and rest that back for a while before starting up again.

Hope that helps a little!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

See, I'm glad I posted this! When I did my Jillian Michael's vid today, I tried to focus especially on my form. I never bend my knees over my toes, I'm glad to say, and I try to go straight back, almost like sitting in a chair. Unfortunately, my room doesn't have an adequate mirror for that sort of thing.

As for the injury, an unfortunate judo accident, well, I didn't go in to see the chiropractor for three weeks Due to school and exams and what not. It does feel a ton better, hopefully this is the end of my troubles with it.