Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!! >

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Notices

Motivational Thread 5/21/12, Oh dear Lord, it's bathing suit season!!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Good Lord, Mike! Is that a pink thong swim suit?
no just for the bottom. I use clam shells up top.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'M IN since i will be putting on my bathing suit this afternoon - more motivation.

My goals are simple this week. Eat healthy below 1800 calories, exercise daily and drink lots of water.

MIKE THE PINK tHONG AND CLAMSHELLS SHOULD BE WORTH A PICTURE!

Have a great week all. MARY
Old 05-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default trading places

I'm making goals for Tori and she can do the same for me.

Goals
1: log everything
2: 100oz of water a day
3: calories 1200-1500
4: some sort of extra activity every day
5: 2% challenge
6: no killing people from work
7: no crying & be nice to whatshisname
8: do hair and makeup (5 days)
9: no cigarettes, not even a drag
Old 05-21-2012, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks, I'm here for the week! Sorry I was AWOL last week, I was doing some telescope observing in Arizona, so working 7 PM to 4:30 AM - hell on the sleep schedule! But I'm back at the office this week, and ready to lose some weight. I weighed in after I got back with a weight matching my lowest, which frankly is ridiculous since I gorged on ice cream sandwiches all last week, but I'm not going to complain too hard Anyway, I'd really like to see some weight come off, since I've not seen any movement since mid-March (totally my own fault, and mostly due to a deliberate decision to put the weightloss process on hold for a bit.) I think a key component of that is, as Terri said, getting back into my exercise routine. Also, I'm going to Europe for a week starting July 4th, so if I could drop another 5 lbs or so by then, I'd be really happy!

Goals:
1.) Workout x3
2.) Stay under 1500 calories/day
3.) Drink 64 oz. of water/day
Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

What is this with bathing suit season? It's May!!!!! I still have time errr don't I?

I was gonna say if Mike would put on the pink thong and clamshells and take a picture I will schedule a mammogram. But honestly, I am not sure I want to see that picture.

Mern, I hope your head feels better and glad you will be car seat free for a while soon.

Terrie good to see you back; so sorry to hear you were in a funk. I hope we can help you "un-funkify."

Joanna yay for Europe trip. Take me with you.

This site is barely letting me type so goals:

1) 7 glasses of water
2) 1650 cals
3) stretch
4) write for two hours M-W and an hour for two more days
5) stay positive
6) try not to worry

Last edited by canary52; 05-21-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
no just for the bottom. I use clam shells up top.
I almost spit protein shake on my keyboard reading that.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
MIKE THE PINK tHONG AND CLAMSHELLS SHOULD BE WORTH A PICTURE!
I think that would make my eyes bleed. LOL

Terri, I hope you feel a lot better this week. Life is really tough sometimes. Big hug to ya. Nice, sensible goals.

Mary, I like your simple goals.

Joanna, yeah, that schedule certainly does sound like it would mess up one's sleep. How was the weather outside at night in Arizona? Did you use the telescope from indoors or out? Wow, both amazing and fun that you matched your lowest weight. Maybe I ought to load up on ice cream sandwiches. LOL OMG, enjoy your trip to Europe in July! Where are you going there?
Old 05-21-2012, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, it's hot enough here to go swimming. Gonna be in the 90's here later this week, I think. My headache DID finally go away, thanks. I guess the kids' car seat thing doesn't sound like a big deal to many, but 17 years of shuffling them around for one reason or another has been a pain in the butt to me. LOL Let us know when you have that mammo scheduled. Oddly, I am not having trouble with the website. I WAS having trouble on both Firefox and Internet Explorer today but not on THIS website. Now that I logged onto GoogleChrome everything is stable. Best wishes on your goals.

I didn't have time for breakfast, but did exercise, and got in a nutritious lunch of turkey, cheese, black soybeans, and a protein shake with flaxmeal.

Good thing I set my kitchen timer--have to go pick up my other granddaughter from high school and almost forgot I have to drive to live-in GD's BF's house to take her to work at 4:00. That makes SEVEN round trips chauffeuring grandkids today because of DH golfing and this being exam week for live-in GD, so her schedule is different from her sister's who goes to the same school. I'm HOPING DH will be home in time to pick up live-in GD from work (chauffer trip #8 today) because I don't do well at playing martyr--I turn bitchy.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

I think I can handle my goals this week. I ThINK!! I'll post Mike's goals when I get home. Phone is being a b-word today.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, we were observing at Kitt Peak National Observatory, so at around 6800 ft, and the weather at nights was maybe low 70s. We were observing with a giant 4-meter diameter telescope. It is in a giant dome, and we sat in the control room and pushed buttons. It's all done via computer scripts. Maybe I'll post a couple pictures after work. It was my first observing run, and it went very well.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Mern, we were observing at Kitt Peak National Observatory, so at around 6800 ft, and the weather at nights was maybe low 70s. We were observing with a giant 4-meter diameter telescope. It is in a giant dome, and we sat in the control room and pushed buttons. It's all done via computer scripts. Maybe I'll post a couple pictures after work. It was my first observing run, and it went very well.
Joanna, this sounds so cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.