Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In!

Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Miki- awesome idea to reevaluate and change your goals!

Welcome Fellncar.

Awesome job to those who've seen results and big hugs to all that haven't.

This week I'm maintaining again... 133 lbs no change in measurements. It's discouraging. But I think I know where I've gone wrong... I haven't been drinking enough water lately and I've been drinking a little too much wine. I have been very heavy on the starches and carbs and even though I've been staying within my calorie range I haven't been pushing myself nearly as hard on workouts... still doing them, just not giving it my all... I think I'm starting to get bored with my routine.

Looks like it's time for me to reevaluate myself as well...
Old 03-30-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie and Quinn, Congrat's on the maintenance! I am soo looking forward to hitting my goal.

Good job everyone else on this past week. Helps to have accountability here.

Only down a half pound this week, but that could have something to do with the late night encounter with the peanut butter jar. I still haven't taken any measurements, but the roll under the band of my sports bar has started to disappear, so that must mean something! I have a really important event coming up mid May and would really like the weight to be coming off faster, but at least it is coming off. My scale is also old school, so maybe a new one would weigh me less (or terrifyingly more)

Jan 1 -143
March 23 - 136
March 30 -135.5
Old 03-30-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everybody--- I must say I felt a lot better reading that many of you are sort of stuck, like I am. My weight went up, and then down again...I think it may have to do with where we are on the journey of 5-15....like the body says hey that's it-- I lost 8-10 lbs and now you want more? Forget it! For me, the key is just don't give in to it! Sorry bod, it's not over! ha! Anyway, Fellncar, as I have mentioned, I'm 64 and no way do I need a special site for seniors-- actually I am a full time student at the local community college and fit right in. Age is a state of mind, to me. One thing for sure, though... when I eat a ton of yummy stuff, I gain about 2 lbs overnight and it takes 2 weeks to lose it again! Have a great week everyone, and thanks for you support! Sharon from Santa Cruz Stats: Start Feb: 142; current: 135.4...35/27/36
Old 03-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Mambo...

Is it just me, or does "late night encounter with the peanut butter jar" sound kinda sordid?

Maybe a new scale can be a reward for you when you get to a certain point?

You know, we are all doing a good job of figuring out what works and what doesn't. That especially hit me after Manda, Miki's, and Mambo's posts. Give yourselves a pat on the back, girls! Sharon, keep on plugging away. Your attitude is something I aspire to..."Sorry, bod, it's not over;" gotta love that!!

STACEY, are you lurking out there in FitDay Land? If you are, come on back; we miss you!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Miki: Dang, girl, you have some serious strength! Great Job! Cross fit is amazingly challenging and I am so impressed you want to compete. A trainer that works out at "my" gym just got certified. She puts me to shame. Grunts while doing mega squats, can do 1-arm pushups, amazing!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Beth. I've always been very competitive and it hasn't gone away. I still play in volleyball and softball leagues, but they are just city leagues. I found that crossfit is something that is going to force me to be healthier and I really enjoy doing it. I'd love to compete in the nebraska state games in track and field next year too. haha, it just never stops.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, Miki, I don't know what those numbers are but they're impressive just the same!

I forgot to add that I would like to see ARCHYJILL too; I miss her posts and progress pics .
Old 03-30-2010, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, You made me lol with the peanut butter comment. I just couldn't think of a witty comeback!

Miki- Like it has already been said, WOW! You are strong.

mandab, I had been putting a container in my fridge with all the water I needed to drink for the day, and made sure I finished it. I was feeling better, and less hungry during the day, and the last few weeks I have gotten out of the habit, and I can feel the difference. Don't get discouraged.Just change what you think you need to and keep going. I think I have to reevalute my relationship with peanut butter.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Congratulations On An Excellent Week Everyone!

I was just reading through all of the posts and realized what an awesome group of strong, dedicated women this is! I'm really proud to be a part of something that is so positive to so many people.

Encouragement is the key to strength... and accountability doesn't hurt either! lol

You're all very impressive women. Hold your head up high and be proud of being part of something that alone, would be so much harder to accomplish than when we all work together to work past all of those "roadblocks".

Great job everyone! Here's to another positive week!

quinn
Old 03-30-2010, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Agreed Quinn. Thanks to everyone for the comments and support. Hope we all have a great week!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.