FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7388-5-14-12-if-you-build-motivational-thread-they-will-come.html)

canary52 05-14-2012 01:02 AM

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

OK ready?

1) 6+ glasses of water
2) stretch
3) write two hours a day 5 days a week
4) 1500 calories or <
5) lose at least 1 lb this week
6) keep positive

Your turn... And how do I correct the title to read motivational thread instead of what I have?

almeeker 05-14-2012 01:38 AM

Very funny title, I say leave it as is... I'm a phantom dieter, lol. Here goes nothing:

Health goals:

1. Calories 1,500 or less.
2. Water 100 oz +.
3. Exercise 5+ hours.
4. Protein 22%+.
5. Deficit 500+ calories daily.
6. Log everything, calories, activities, mood.

Other Stuff:

1. Housework, 45 min daily + 1 load of laundry.
2. Finish rabbit cages, possibly start a new one.
3. Get a piece of carpet for grooming.
4. Go down to 4-H office and straighten everything out.
5. Prep for G.S. meeting and awards ceremony.

That's it.

canary52 05-14-2012 02:23 AM

Amy, if the title got you to the thread then I will leave it!!!! Altho it does say "moitivational."

Jho82 05-14-2012 02:32 AM

I love the title! Thats so awesome! I'm in for realz this week. I wanted to make a fresh start because I haven't been entirely happy with the last month. I'm up 2 lbs but hubby and I are starting fresh today. We had his dad's memorial on saturday (he passed away in January) so that is finally at a close for him and his mom. No more excuses. I'm not sure what happened after March and my first weigh in but I've been here.... but not giving it my all...not being horrible (except yesterday when I ate a bag of doritos - its a weakness!) but not putting extreme effort in either.... I think it will work this time with hubby on the wagon too! Our first workout is scheduled for tonight for the Premier of the Bachelorette!!! SO EXCITED!

I tried cottage cheese for the first time this morning - I mixed it with my oatmeal and it wasn't bad - I had to add some cinnamon but its def something I could eat on a daily basis! Its so nice out I think I will take the kids out in a little bit and get my car cleaned out!

I'm going back to the basics - this includes my water intake - I'm dropping to 80oz from my attempt at 100oz - sorry Mike :( I just haven't been able to do it.... and because I was feeling discouraged about it I would give up before I even stood a chance - MIND OVER MATTER.... the mind is a very powerful thing. I've said this before and truly believe it. When I aimed for 80oz I was getting 80-100 easily but as soon as I bumped it up to 100 I felt like I couldn't reach that goal and would give up so my water intake has been crap lately. This is not an excuse - I really do believe that I will do better at 80oz. I'm already at 30 oz and its only 1030am. I hope you can understand Mike - its nothing personal - its not you, its me LOL

I've also joined the "Mothers 90 Day Challenge" So I will have to check in here and there! Support is key! Love you guys! :)

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER!
2. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!!
3. Min 60 crunches/day!
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)!
5. Calories below 1300/day!
6. Check in min 2x/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

canary52 05-14-2012 02:40 AM

Jho so glad to see you!!! Great goals, excellent attitude!!! And yeah cottage cheese is not that bad.

Sorry abotu DH's loss, understandable for all of you to get off track. But you're here!! And hey maybe the water goal controversy will get Mike back.

Mike, Mern , Tori, where are youuuuuuuuuuu?
Quinn, Cassie, Lizzie, Nobe, Jeanne, Mary, Tunn, Chris, everyone, Shoeless Joe Jackson....anyone out there?

almeeker 05-14-2012 02:43 AM

Today is off to a bit of a rough start, not diet-wise, just in general. Our youngest seems to have a touch of the PMS this morning. She's 5, and I do believe she got it from her 8 year old sister and has given it to my 2 year old week day baby. We def need to do an attitude adjustment around here. I'm thinking "nap" followed by a fun snack? Maybe something with a happy face on it.

almeeker 05-14-2012 02:45 AM

Jho, I hear you on getting back to the basics. My water intake totally gets off track if I don't workout in the morning. And guess what? I didn't workout this morning. I have one planned for this evening, hopefully I'll get a good bit of water down this morning anyway, because there is nothing so discouraging as feeling like you're behind schedule at 10:45 in the morning.

I too am sorry for your loss.

nobe 05-14-2012 02:58 AM

I'm here! Same goals as last week.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice)

Hope - I need some moitivation, so the title is great, haha. No, but really, I hope you just mean fixing the typo, because I love the title.

Jho - I understand the water thing. I try to keep my goals attainable because if they're too much I fail miserably. Even just going up to 72oz of water made me drink a lot less.

Amy - it's so frustrating when kids get up on the wrong side of the bed and are crankypants for no obvious reason. Sometimes just some quiet time can turn things around. What's a week day baby?

quinnesec 05-14-2012 03:07 AM

I'm in!

Ate everything that wasn't tied down over the weekend... ugh... when will I learn??

Simple rules for an insane week:

1. Calories at or below 1200.
2. Walk daily, weather permitting.
3. 3-4 fruits and/or veggies a day.
4. Eat responsibly at school socials, banquets, etc.

Off to figure out how to strap a kayak to a Focus... don't ask... lol. Big scholarship announcements for us tonight... wish us luck!

amalthea1892 05-14-2012 03:50 AM

I'm In!

Goals 5/14
Water, lots of water (70+):
1500 cals or less:
Gym 2x this week or Crunch workout:
20 min power walks at work each day:
Lose that super stubborn 1lb this week:
1 load laundry/day:
Thank you notes in mail:
Call (you know who):

Last weekend: Mothers Day splurge -Thai peanut sauce (free day so somewhat ok). I learned that lbs don’t melt off without exercise. I know I forget to drink water when working outside (BIG mental note to improve on that). I decided not to stress over upcoming work deliverable – useless wasteful emotion given the magnitude of the task (and because I just got a bonus for doing a good job). I have decided that DS entire future does not depend on what pre-school he attends for the next 2 years (no need to hire a fortune teller after all). I realize that my weight is TOTALLY in my control and if I actually follow my own simple goals I can do nothing but succeed. So after several weeks of no loss, and lots of red/orange on my goals list I am ready for the Mental Shift into working big-time on my follow-through!

Happy Mid-May Everyone! Ama

canary52 05-14-2012 03:56 AM

Nobe, ROFL over that needing some "moitivation;" well obviously you've come to the right place!!! Yeah I was kinda hoping to fix the type. Anyone know how? Miiiiiiiiiiike.... (not cause he's a guy, cause he's a moderator, on this thread he's one of the girls but still maybe he would know....)

Amy, I hear ya about the feeling like you're failing at 10:45 am but there is plenty of time to turn it around. A nap sounds good...and for the kids too... LOL I was thinking I could already use one....

And Quinn I hear ya about eating everything that was not tied down (and if it was, I untied it...) but hey new week, right?

I'm going to drink some water (how refreshing) and start working on those goals...

Tunnrida 05-14-2012 04:31 AM

calories intake max 1200 - m/y
exercise my routine every day - m/y
drink neem - m/y
take walks - m/y
don't eat junk food - m/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y
drink lots of water - m/n

Kumochi 05-14-2012 04:49 AM

I'm in. Down 2.5 pounds last week on first week back on track.

Goals this week

Calorie defecit below 7000
water, water, water
eat healthy
Exercise plus sauna and yoga daily
Work hard Monday to Thur so I can take friday off for a 4 day weekend.
No TV from 9am till 8 pm daily -- this one might kill me. If not it will make me strong, and active! mary

Jho82 05-14-2012 05:10 AM

Mary - did you mean to say that you lost 2.5lbs?! Thats amazing!! Doesn't that feel good for your first week back! YAY:D

Ama - I'm with ya darlin! We can do it!

Quinn - I'm not laughing at you when I say LOL - "ate everything that wasn't tied down" Laughing with you because I've been there many-a-time! Wishing you lots of luck! (with the Kayak on the focus AND the scholarship LOL)

Nobe - I thought that I was being a bit silly but hearing a few of you with the same issue makes me feel better - don't know why it makes a difference but it does!

Amy - I think 'nap' is one of my favourite words! For the kids and for myself haha! :p you are absolutely correct - if its a bad start to the day its a fight to get back on track! I hope your afternoon is looking up!

Hope - it really does feel great to be back! I just need to hang on tight and turn my positive energy on! I should make that one of my goals - turn all negative thoughts into positive ones (at least try!)

canary52 05-14-2012 05:26 AM

Ama, hi! It sounds like you have things in a good perspective. I stressed about preschool too but I think just a good warm environment and if I had to do it agian, I would have kept DD in the public schools instead of looking for the "perfect school."
And exercise does seem KEY to weight loss. Heavy sigh.

Mary, kudos! Anyone want to give her a dancing banana? I don't know how!!!! (I can't even fix "moitivational") But I'd say she earned it!!! Mern, where ya at, Mama?

Quinn, good luck with the scholarship!!! Tying a kayak to a Focus was an intriguing image I must say...

traceymc1985 05-14-2012 05:52 AM

Hi guys i really need to refocus because i feel im going downhill- need to get a grip! Feel very disappointed in myself because i ate alot too many chocolates at my sisters today- i should have stopped at 1,2,3- before i knew it i ate 10! Ok if im honest i was fully aware of my actions and also knew id feel like this later! When will i learn but its done now and im moving on- my weigh in is on wednesday and ive again not had as good a week that i know i can but now ive admitted my wrongs im ready to add my goals and start putting my words into action!!! True fighting talk hahaha

1. Drink more water
2. Get of my backside and make more effort to exercise
3. No snacking between meals unless fruit
4. Watch portion size

Everything else i feel im making good progress with such as family meals being made healthier so im not missing out. Also better cooking methods too.

Tables have turned slightly though- i used to be much stronger when im out of the house- now i do better when im at home! Probably cos there aint any boxes of chocolates sitting infront of me- they were in the cupboard but i insisted on getting them out! One of them days im afraid!

cjohnson728 05-14-2012 06:04 AM

I'm in for the week!

I can't keep using the excuse of being too busy. The busy is not going to go away, and neither can my commitment to being healthy and on plan. I admit to being nervous about this week...both practices are nuts right now and I don't even have a writing day, so lots of evening and weekend work :(. But if I don't make this a priority, no one will do it for me.

Tennis banquet is tonight...catered, Mexican...but still will try to be careful and log the best I can.

My theme for the week: No Excuses!

1. Calories below 1300.
2. Exercise 6 hours.
3. 2 big sports bottles water.
4. Sleep 7 hours.
5. Eat clean.
6. Log everything; post it daily.
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down.

Have a great week, everyone! Glad to see you all here!

traceymc1985 05-14-2012 06:08 AM

Oh i forgot to add an important part of my motivation- im a bridesmaid for my sisters wedding in March next year- only decided the date last week! So i would really love to be at goal before then. About 6 of my aunties and uncles are coming over for it too from Ireland! The last thing i want to do is feel ive looked a state in my dress and on photos. Of course my sister says im being silly but understands i want to look my best.

5. Sleep!!!! Get at least 7 hours mon-fri

Forgot that one- made a promise to myself 2 days ago to get more sleep. Only lately have i started to realise just how important it is.

01gt4.6 05-14-2012 06:49 AM

so... fix the title or no?

I'm here, been busy. After 2 weeks of writing nothing, I've already written 2! With some big premiums.

I weighed in at 182.0 this morning.

canary52 05-14-2012 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 81160)
so... fix the title or no?

I'm here, been busy. After 2 weeks of writing nothing, I've already written 2! With some big premiums.

I weighed in at 182.0 this morning.

fix the spelling, please!!! And welcome. And congrats on policies.

canary52 05-14-2012 07:38 AM

Hi Tracey and Cassie, I love the no more excuses attitude you both have. Hope it's contagious....

Mern 05-14-2012 09:06 AM

Off to a good start. Bumped exercise up to level three this morning on the Virtual Active program on the Y's treadmill--challenging enough for me and I suspect I'm not yet ready for level four, but I'll try tomorrow. Eating is on plan but I'm low on water--still time to make it to 64 oz. ,though, and I will.

canary52 05-14-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 81164)
Off to a good start. Bumped exercise up to level three this morning on the Virtual Active program on the Y's treadmill--challenging enough for me and I suspect I'm not yet ready for level four, but I'll try tomorrow. Eating is on plan but I'm low on water--still time to make it to 64 oz. ,though, and I will.

I know you'll make it with the water!! (while I will struggle to make 6) And kudos on the exercise!!!

ToriD1012 05-14-2012 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 81130)
Shoeless Joe Jackson....anyone out there?

'It was you....'
"No, Ray. It was YOU."

Gah I love that movie!!!

ToriD1012 05-14-2012 09:34 AM

Alright, I'm here. Stapling my butt to the front of the wagon to make sure I don't fall off. I am down 2 pounds from last Monday, but I really don't know how. There were deep fried yumminess that are known as empanadas over the weekend. And oreos. Lots and LOTS of oreos.

Goals
1: log everything
2: water, lots and lots of water...maybe just MAYBE if I imagine the water as oreos???
3: calories 1200-1500....for some reason lately it's like I can't eat enough. I did so well with 1200 for so long, now it's like I'm famished even when I stick to the meal plan I was on then :confused:
4: some sort of extra activity every day
5: don't be a slave to the scale, post starting weight and ending weight only--187.4

That should do it. Have a wonderful week everyone!

canary52 05-14-2012 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 81167)
Alright, I'm here. Stapling my butt to the front of the wagon to make sure I don't fall off. I am down 2 pounds from last Monday, but I really don't know how. There were deep fried yumminess that are known as empanadas over the weekend. And oreos. Lots and LOTS of oreos.

Goals
1: log everything
2: water, lots and lots of water...maybe just MAYBE if I imagine the water as oreos???
3: calories 1200-1500....for some reason lately it's like I can't eat enough. I did so well with 1200 for so long, not it's like I'm famished even when I stick to the meal plan I was on then :confused:
4: some sort of extra activity every day
5: don't be a slave to the scale, post starting weight and ending weight only--187.4

That should do it. Have a wonderful week everyone!

I personally think it's the Oreos!!! I lost weight eating sugar free ones and no I don't think they were lower in calories, just lower in yumminess. And when I stopped eating them, I gained the weight back. Coincidence? I think not.

Water as Oreos. hmmmmm, gotta try it, doesn't have that crunch tho....

So glad you got my Shoeless Jackson reference and so glad you are here - missed your feistiness. And BTW I love that movie too. That and Bull Durham. Two baseball movies featuring Kevin Kostner.

ToriD1012 05-14-2012 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 81172)
So glad you got my Shoeless Jackson reference and so glad you are here - missed your feistiness. And BTW I love that movie too. That and Bull Durham. Two baseball movies featuring Kevin Kostner.

Bull Durham is one of my all time favorite movies. Of course, for the obvious reasons (Kevin and baseball), and for reasons that only a handful of my very closest friends know :o Have you seen For Love of the Game? Also a Kevin Costner baseball movie. It's based on a book (of the same name) and while the movie is VERY predictable, I can't resist watching it any time it's on.

Jho82 05-14-2012 12:12 PM

HAHA Tracey! You'll never escape me now muhahahaha! :p Glad you have some motivation (the wedding) - you can do it!!

Mike - congrats on the policies!

Hope and Tori - Kevin C = The bodyguard - tks for getting Whitney H stuck in my head for the upcoming workout! Congrats on the 2lb loss Tori!

Mern - tks for checking in! Rock it out girl!! :) and drink it up! hehe

My day is going great - I see green for tomorrows morning check-in!! WOOHOO!! And did I mention BACHELORETTE STARTS TONIGHT!!!!! OH MAN - I'm really glad I don't have a life so that I can stay home and watch it every Monday LOL:D

01gt4.6 05-14-2012 12:30 PM

Thanks Jho.

I can't fix the title on my phone. I'll have to fix it later.

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-14-2012 12:40 PM

I'm back. Disappeared last week due to my hectic life but was able to stay on track. I'm going camping from Friday to Monday this week and lack of Internet will keep me from posting then but I'll try to go easy on the marshmallows. They aren't a favorite of mine or anything but its a bit hard to resist when the fire is beckoning. Lol. So goals...

1 hour of exercise each day
Under 1200 calories
8 glasses of water a day
1 sugary snack a day
Be positive

canary52 05-14-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 81176)
Bull Durham is one of my all time favorite movies. Of course, for the obvious reasons (Kevin and baseball), and for reasons that only a handful of my very closest friends know :o Have you seen For Love of the Game? Also a Kevin Costner baseball movie. It's based on a book (of the same name) and while the movie is VERY predictable, I can't resist watching it any time it's on.

I haven't seen that one. New one for Netflix or Roku...awright...

My favorite love scenes in movies BTW are in Bull Durham and The Big Easy...yup... funny, human and sexy

Mern 05-14-2012 02:07 PM

Monday Report:

Thought I could achieve my water goal but didn't concentrate on it enough. Good start otherwise.

Calorie limit 1500 1374
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 18.1g
Fiber average minimum 25g 29g
Saturated fat average 12% of total calories 11%
Protein average minimum 120g 126g
Cholesterol average limit 250mg 172mg
Water average 64 oz. NO
Exercise 5 days YES

canary52 05-14-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jho82 (Post 81180)
HAHA Tracey! You'll never escape me now muhahahaha! :p Glad you have some motivation (the wedding) - you can do it!!

Mike - congrats on the policies!

Hope and Tori - Kevin C = The bodyguard - tks for getting Whitney H stuck in my head for the upcoming workout! Congrats on the 2lb loss Tori!

Mern - tks for checking in! Rock it out girl!! :) and drink it up! hehe

My day is going great - I see green for tomorrows morning check-in!! WOOHOO!! And did I mention BACHELORETTE STARTS TONIGHT!!!!! OH MAN - I'm really glad I don't have a life so that I can stay home and watch it every Monday LOL:D

And I...eeee...I..... wiiiiiiillllll... always love yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu .....

Many, she had some voice in her time, didn't she? One of a kind.

canary52 05-14-2012 02:11 PM

You're doing great , Mern!!! You're an inspiration!!!

And HCKG...resist..the..marshmallows...resist....

cjohnson728 05-14-2012 03:03 PM

Check in:

1. Calories below 1300. 1150
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min
3. 2 big sports bottles water. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6.5
5. Eat clean. Yes
6. Log everything; post it daily. Yes
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down. 1. "It's a special occasion." This time of year, there is always a 'special occasion'. If I let things lax for every one of them, I'll never be on plan. I can celebrate the occasion without eating junk.

Jho, Mern, you ladies had great days today! I hope everyone else did as well :).

Tonight was fun...our first HS sports banquet. So proud of my guy...he lettered in his sport. And I think I did pretty good with the Mexican food :D.

Now, if I could just stop thinking about Oreos...wonder where that came from? ;)

nobe 05-14-2012 03:27 PM

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1331
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 2hrs gardening (I'm counting it!)/1hr+ walking
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 1167
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no

Lizards13 05-14-2012 06:55 PM

I'm here (well almost). Still abroad, can't weigh in but don't feel tooooo porky.
My goals for this week are
1 stay away from the croissants at the breakfast buffet, eat the fruit.
2 no starter or pudding in the evenings.
3 keep the alcohol to a minimum, have lots of water at the table.
4 get out and about walking each day.

So I'm off to shower and head out on No 4. Catch you later, have a good day.

Jho82 05-15-2012 12:14 AM

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 80oz of WATER! Y
2. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!! Y:22m
3. Min 60 crunches/day! Y
4. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)! Y
5. Calories below 1300/day! Y:1265,
6. Check in min 2x/day! Y
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!

Such a nice feeling seeing green here! Love it!:)

Lots of green for Mern, Nobe and Cassie too!! Awesome job gals!

How did you do Hope!? Love the Whitney - we should have a Karaoke night here on the forum LOL

Cassie - I've used that excuse - awesome goal to shoot them down - I could learn a thing or two from this!

Mern - you ok hun? You seem a little bit quiet. You kicked butt yesterday!

I can't believe its only 810am...Its gonna be a long day! :rolleyes:

Jho82 05-15-2012 12:18 AM

Tori - how are the staples holding out? I hope you used a staple gun instead of a regular stapler! Let me know if you need some help stapling the backside!! ;) Also I have double sided tape and Duct tape too - just say the words!

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-15-2012 01:29 AM

So, yesterday went well. I thought I had broken my sugar goal because of ice cream until I remembered I had boughten sugar free.:D yumm. I'm a little sad because camping might be cancelled due to cold weather. But it's only Tuesday right? Hopefully the weather will change its mind by Friday.

There doesn't seem to be as much jibber jabber here as usual. Where did everybodys talkativeness go?

Yesterday's goals

1 hour of exercise each day Y
Under 1200 calories Think so
8 glasses of water a day Nope. Like Mern, I didn't focus on it till it was too late
1 sugary snack a day Y
Be positive Very