Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come >

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Community
Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-19-2012, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Check in:

1. Calories below 1300. 1090, 1297, 1298 (sheesh!), 1428, 1269
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min, 30 min, 60 min, 60 min, 30 min
3. 2 big sports bottles water. Yes, No-1.5, Yes, Nope, Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6.5, 7, 7, I wish...it was 5, 6.5
5. Eat clean. Yes, Except for the peppermints at the office, Yes, Except for the fat free froyo and two Life Savers, 3 slips: butterscotch candies, Goldfish, and more froyo
6. Log everything; post it daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down. 1. "It's a special occasion." This time of year, there is always a 'special occasion'. If I let things lax for every one of them, I'll never be on plan. I can celebrate the occasion without eating junk. 2. "I'm too busy." What exactly are my priorities here? Work or health? I have to make the tough choices until I learn to juggle everything even when things are crazy (no pun intended). Yes, exercise takes time, but it takes the same amount of time to make a good food choice as a bad one. Exercise relieves stress, so I should do it even more so now! "I'm going to be up late working; I need the energy." I'll have more energy if I fuel myself the smart way than if I snack my way through the night. This is not college and my metabolism knows that! "I had a good workout so I can eat more." Yeah, if I want to stay the same weight, instead of getting back to my preferred weight! "I have PMS." Suck it up, buttercup!! I suppose you'll have the "vapors" next, and have to take to your bed. Drink water, eat healthy, and stop using your lady parts as an excuse!
You have clearly grown a mean streak, that's all I'm saying.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys, having trouble with this site but still lurking a little. had acupuncture and am trying to drink water and stretch and WRITE. Calories are a bust tho.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Wait can I make excuses too?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

On the run and don't have time to chat, but I am very well on track with food, water, and exercise. Bumped up my exercise today with treadmill plus some beginner reps on machines that DH helped me with at the Y-- biceps machine that I'm thinking could possibly help with my arthritic shoulders according to the diagram on the machine, an ab machine, and a lumbar back machine that feels really good when I stretch on it.

Hope, I hope you feel better soon!

Kudos to all the weekend warriors. I'll try to log on again tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ama, thanks so much. I've heard of "The Prophet" by Gibran but never read it. I'll look for it at my local library. Thanks for the confirmation about Dutch Bros. I hope you enjoy your treats there--on plan. There's a local coffee shop I pass on the way to the Y that has coffee better than Starbucks. But now I've discovered my own formula of cheap store brand decaf coffee with non-fat dairy creamer and almond extract that's even better than the local coffee shop. And I can buy those styrofoam coffee house cups with the lids cheap at my local grocery store, so I feel like I'm driking ritzy coffee, but it's el cheapo. LOL
Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

A very unsuccessful open house - I shed a tear or two thinking of all the hard work for nothing - and all the neglecting of my children for nothing! Not completely neglected obviously but there was some time wasted on useless cleaning when I could have been playing outside! I've decided next time I will just send the kids with the grandparents overnight where I know they will be safe and having fun! **sigh**

On a a different note - I attended a memorial today for a former coworker and someone commented that I've lost a lot of weight so I'll take that as a good sign even though I don't feel that I've lost that much... it gave me some hope though and thats what matters! AND because of the memorial my nails are done! It's been a while!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

OH and I just got in trouble for not mentioning that my wonderful husband also thinks that my butt is getting smaller! woohoo!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1331, 1319, 1528, 1580, , 1658, 1603 (for 3 calories, I'm counting it)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - 2hrs gardening (I'm counting it!)/1hr+ walking, 1hr gardening/1hr+walking, 2hrs shopping and walking/20 mins stationary bike, painted 7hrs, painted 7hrs, 1/2hr gardening/a bunch of walking, not sure
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 17%, 29%(!), 19%, 18%, 20%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz, 64oz+, no idea, 64oz, 48oz?
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 1167, 933, 751, 1188, 1110, 720
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, no, no, no, no, yes!
Old 05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Check in:

1. Calories below 1300. 1090, 1297, 1298 (sheesh!), 1428, 1269, 1222
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min, 30 min, 60 min, 60 min, 30 min, 45 min
3. 2 big sports bottles water. Yes, No-1.5, Yes, Nope, Yes, Nope
4. Sleep 7 hours. 6.5, 7, 7, I wish...it was 5, 6.5, 7
5. Eat clean. Yes, Except for the peppermints at the office, Yes, Except for the fat free froyo and two Life Savers, 3 slips: butterscotch candies, Goldfish, and more froyo, No - hubby and I had a froyo date
6. Log everything; post it daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Name an excuse I've used, and shoot it down. 1. "It's a special occasion." This time of year, there is always a 'special occasion'. If I let things lax for every one of them, I'll never be on plan. I can celebrate the occasion without eating junk. 2. "I'm too busy." What exactly are my priorities here? Work or health? I have to make the tough choices until I learn to juggle everything even when things are crazy (no pun intended). Yes, exercise takes time, but it takes the same amount of time to make a good food choice as a bad one. Exercise relieves stress, so I should do it even more so now! "I'm going to be up late working; I need the energy." I'll have more energy if I fuel myself the smart way than if I snack my way through the night. This is not college and my metabolism knows that! "I had a good workout so I can eat more." Yeah, if I want to stay the same weight, instead of getting back to my preferred weight! "I have PMS." Suck it up, buttercup!! I suppose you'll have the "vapors" next, and have to take to your bed. Drink water, eat healthy, and stop using your lady parts as an excuse! "Everybody else eats whatever they want/slips up, too!" At the risk of sounding cliched, if everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you do it, too? Do what is right for you and let everybody else worry about themselves.

Sure, Hope, jump on aboard the excuse train. It's rather fun when it gets rolling!
Almeeker, I think the mean streak is a by-product of work this week. The evals I have are keeping me in a horrible, horrible mood...my poor boys .

Nobe, you week looks fantastic! Finish strong!
Jho, I'm sorry your open house wasn't as successful. A sale will happen when you least expect it. Keep the faith!

Mern, hope you are hanging in. {{more hugs}}.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

1) 6+ glasses of water, 6 6,8, 8, 10, 12
2) stretch, Yes Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3) write two hours a day 5 days a week, Yes if you call sitting and blankly staring at my screen then writing very little writing, Yes did "real" writing well over 2 hours, research mostly, Yes, Yes, [COLOR="Red"]NO[/COLOR
]4) 1500 calories or <, 1273 1734, 2200 (!!!!), 1800+ TH, F, S
5) lose at least 1 lb this week, not yet! Yes but I'm afraid it won't stay off, NO, no, Y, Y
6) keep positive, tryyyyyyyying, Yes and it helped DD, Yes and it helped again, Yes, NO, Y

I'm not sure what the discussion was but I love The Prophet by Gibran, especially the famous one on children but also the ones on friendship and marriage.

Last edited by canary52; 05-20-2012 at 04:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.