Notices

5/14/12 If you build a Motivational thread they will come

Old 05-18-2012, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, in the box where we type replies to this thread, right above the reply box is a row of icons. Click on the
That's where you insert www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/banana.gif There's already an http:// there, so make sure you just have that once. Then hit OK. After your post is typed and you click the Submit Reply button, the dancing banana will appear in your post. Once you've done it, it's easy...

Last edited by Mern; 05-18-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

Not a good week. Hopefully the weekned will be better. Thanks for the laugh Amy. Maybe the new Tea Party will mess up all your green tea too.

Mary
Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

My computer has been wonky today. This website has been wonky and I am not in full working order either. I slipped on wet tile in the bathroom yesterday and landed on my spine, right where I got hurt from my accident. I'm sure I will be OK but man I am hurting. Plus DD stayed home ostensibly to "help" me if by help you mean get mad at me.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Tracey. So sorry to hear about your gran.

Ref the Boston Tea Party, one of my favourite songs by the old Scottish group The Sensational Alex Harvey Band is about this event.

This is my last night in Budapest, and what a beautiful evening it was.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Goals 5/14
Water, lots of water (70+): Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
1500 cals or less: Y, Y, Y, N
Gym 2x this week or Crunch workout: N, N, N, N
20 min power walks at work each day: N, N, N, N...
Lose that super stubborn 1lb this week: TBD (-0.2 so far)
1 load laundry/day: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y (I have no closet space to put it all!)
Thank you notes in mail: N, N, N, N (why don't men ever help write thank you notes???), YES
Call (you know who): N…errr but I did write her a thank you note

Ama
Old 05-18-2012, 10:51 AM
FitDay Member

I have lost .2 lbs this week so far, but I feel bloated and my clothes fit funky so it feels like I am up 3. Glad I stepped on the Demon Machine (love the term Tori) this am because I may have been tempted to drown my sorrow in a comforting vanilla latte this afternoon... instead I am chugging H2O like a good girl!

On another note – does anyone have any suggestions for quick relief of carpel tunnel syndrome (besides quitting my job that is ;-). I have had it on and off for years, but when I am super busy at work it flares up big time, and I have at least 3-4 weeks of intense work ahead before I get a good break again. My ring and pinky fingers are starting to get pin prickly, and my wrist and elbow hurt pretty much all the time when I type/scroll. I am thinking of wrapping one of those icy/hot pain patches around my wrist, but just at night. And I have been taking ibuprofen, which may help somewhat (but I hate taking any med for more than a few days at a time)… anyway, I’m looking for some natural pain relief for the next few weeks if it is out there…
Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie – Oh those darn dessert tables! Glad the dinner was great though!

Mary – Sorry to hear about your bad week so far – stay positive; the weekend will be better!

Hope – OMG are you OK???!!

Mern – Yes, Dutch Bros is a drive thru coffee place – widespread in CA and Oregon. You’ll see people driving around out here with bumper stickers saying “Dutch Mafia” or “Dutch Princess.” Silly I know… but the coffee is really good! Check out the book “The Prophet” by Gibran. The entire book of poetry is awe inspiring, but I find the chapter on death really comforting.

Tracey – Sorry to hear about your Granny. So good that your mom was able to spend some time with her before she took ill.

Cassie – Love the excuses list! You sure do know how to talk back to yourself!

Mike – Way to go on the policies!!! You’re on a nice roll!

Jeanne – Down 2 lbs!!! YAY!

Jho – I wish I could just sit on your nice floors for a little while and know what it feels like to exist, if only for a few precious moments of time, in a really really clean house…

Tori – Sometimes motivation does stink – but when it does at least the stink makes you run a little faster!?!? Keep it going girl!

Oh so chatty this afternoon - gotta go pick-up DS from Nana's house now. Have a great weekend everyone! Ama
Old 05-18-2012, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amalthea1892
On another note – does anyone have any suggestions for quick relief of carpel tunnel syndrome (besides quitting my job that is ;-). I have had it on and off for years, but when I am super busy at work it flares up big time, and I have at least 3-4 weeks of intense work ahead before I get a good break again. My ring and pinky fingers are starting to get pin prickly, and my wrist and elbow hurt pretty much all the time when I type/scroll. I am thinking of wrapping one of those icy/hot pain patches around my wrist, but just at night. And I have been taking ibuprofen, which may help somewhat (but I hate taking any med for more than a few days at a time)… anyway, I’m looking for some natural pain relief for the next few weeks if it is out there…
As a matter of fact I do. I have this trouble intermittently myself. My doctor recommended that I get a pair of wrist braces and wear them at night. At first I thought this was complete bunk, but I went and bought a pair anyway. Well guess what? It's not bunk, they work like a charm. You need to get the kind that prop the wrist up, mine have a metal strap sewn into them so you can adjust (somewhat) the angle of the wrist, but it's the complete opposite of the position that gave you carpel tunnel to begin with. There are also a couple of key exercises that really help. The good news/bad news is that one of those exercises is push-ups. Regular or modified, makes no difference. If push-ups are not your thing, you can do them against a wall as carpal tunnel therapy.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

I can't believe you guys laughed at the Boston Tea Party reference, for once I wasn't joking. Okay I was joking a little, but there is always a good bit of truth in every joke. At the time of the Tea Party, many Americans were boycotting British goods, but the country was sharply divided on the issue. In part the protest was committed by the revolutionaries to keep the "middle of the road" Americans from caving in over their morning cup of tea. Oh I could go on and on over this particular subject, and bore you all to death. DD did her history project on Betsy Ross this year, so I've read way too much on the topic lately.

As for the new tea party, well they mostly just confuse me. When I first heard the name, I thought they must be like the Red Hat Society for lady republicans. But they held a gathering here in town last summer and I have to say it was a convention of grumpy old white men. A real shame that, because I had all sorts of preconceptions about what a giant red, white & blue hat decorated with elephants drinking tea would look like.

Nobe, my suggestion for your rls symptoms is to try sf chocolate pudding cups. They don't contain a great deal of chocolate for the calories, but they really help to curb the cravings. You might also try Nutella. Oh dear, now I'm hungry.

A cream tea is a cup of really good English tea, brewed in a pot not with a baggy, and to this you add a lump of sugar and some clotted cream. Which I think is just cream with lumps in it. Oh dear, now I'm thirsty. I'm going to have to call it a night.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-18-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

As for Cassie and her efforts in bashing her excuses to death...

Darn it woman, leave me one or two will you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.