FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7322-7-day-motivational-starting-5-7-12-a.html)

jeannedehart 05-07-2012 12:41 AM

7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12

It seems I get to start the thread this week.....

Health & Wellness

1. Walk or exercise every day
2. Water / tea - 120 oz
3. Eat more green foods
4. Track activities and log
5. Lose 3 pounds this week.

No life goals this week - too much going on at work to even attempt to accomplish a thing personally. I know that I will have many late nights, little sleep and little down time.

Have a great week everyone!

Mern 05-07-2012 01:32 AM

Jeanne, thanks for starting us out. We have a lovely crop of spearmint in the backyard and it looks like I'll be drinking spearmint unsweetened iced tea for many weeks to come. Tea sure beats plain old water for me! :) I certainly hope something happens that you do get some ME time from your busy week ahead. Best wishes on your goals and on losing that three lbs.

I was amazed I didn't lose an ounce last week despite being not perfect, but good enough to lose SOMETHING and then being sick. I'll blame the over-the-counter meds for something--water retention, maybe? Yeah, it's THEIR fault, not mine. LOL

Goals this week are same as last--they gotta start working sometime.

Calorie limit 1500
Cholesterol limit 250mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Fiber average 25g
Sat fat average 12% of total calories
Protein average 100g
Water 64 oz.
Exercise 5 days

frenchhen3 05-07-2012 01:44 AM

Okay I am getting in on the early part of the week!

Diet Goals:
Tupperware pitcher of water, daily
Walk 1.5 miles daily
3-1200 calories days
Personal goals:
Clean kitchen after each meal
Keep kitchen floor free of dog hair
Vacuum 5 days
Wash walls of entryway and halls
----
Can you tell the dogs are shedding?

Lizards13 05-07-2012 01:45 AM

Starting over AGAIN. I'm not going to change my numbers just yet even though the scales have gone back up by a couple of lbs, my trip to Palma was great but full of food and drink although I have been pretty good since I got back.
This week goals are :
1 stay below 1200 per day
2 start drinking water at least 3 times per day
3 exercise as often as I can

I know nos 2 & 3 are a little vague but I have a very busy week ahead, late days and moving about so it'll be the best I can do I'm afraid.
On Friday I'm off to Budapest for 1 week and apparently Bruce Willis is filming there next week, another Die Hard movie, I'll be on the hunt for him when I'm out and about.

Tunnrida 05-07-2012 01:49 AM

I'm back....
today I'll start with new dvd
jillian michaels
ripped in 30

canary52 05-07-2012 02:21 AM

Goals:
1) 6 daily glasses of water minimum
2) 1650 calories maximum
3) walk/gym 3x this week minimum
4) write one hour per day MINIMUM
5) be present and mindful

Jeannne, thanks for starting us. I echo Mern's wish of "me time" for you.
Mern, I do hope you feel better and I hope the scale is kind to you, Jeanne, and what the heck to all of us! Though my scale is just reflecting what I have done in the way of "stress eating" and "birthday celebrating." New week, new start!!!
Lizzie, I hope you do see Bruce Willis. What are you doing in Budapest? Forgive me if you said last week; I didn't follow the thread much.
Tunnrida, good luck with the Jillian!!
I'm a little depressed from my accident (I guess that's natural, right?) but trying to keep my spirits up. Well let's hope this week's a good one!!

bojibridge 05-07-2012 02:24 AM

I'm in! I'm just going to put a couple goals out there and report as I feel motivated to.

Goals:
1.) Under or around 1400 calories/day
2.) Drink lots o' water
3.) Bike to work at least 1 time

Haha, that's it. Not aiming very high this week.

nobe 05-07-2012 02:35 AM

I'm in. keeping it simple this week.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike)
3) 20% protein minimum
4) 64oz water minimum
5) calorie deficit 700+
6) take vitamins
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice)

Jeanne - great pep talk in the last thread! Good thing to keep in mind.

Hope - I think it's normal to feel a bit depressed after the week you had. Here's hoping the coming week looks up.

Lizzie - say hi to Bruce for me :D

My numbers are wrong for yesterday after I had a snack attack last night and added about 500 calories, but it's a new week so I'm not updating it. Got a kink in my back last night that I thought would only last a few minutes (turned funny picking up the kid), but it's still here. I was supposed to paint today but there's no way. Hubby's brought the kid with him out of town for the day so I'm going to relax and hopefully it'll un-kink. It feels fine when I don't move or walk like Quasimodo.

jonjaxmom 05-07-2012 02:54 AM

I'd like to jump in this week, to make myself accountable as I have an incredibly busy week. thanks everyone!

-Drink 80 oz of water
-eat 1600 calories or less; if exceed I need to workout it off
-finally cleanout boys closets and donate clothes that no longer fit
-read 30 mins before bed
-lose 1 lb.

Son's first communion Saturday... big party lots of people, lots of housecleaning to do! baseball cubscouts and soccer all inbetween! deep breath, one step at a time!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE... STAY POSITIVE AND TAKE IT ALL ONE CALORIE AT A TIME!

Kumochi 05-07-2012 03:08 AM

I'm in; Goals this week

Journal daily
Water - 80 -100 oz
Switch to green tea from coffee
Below 1500 calories
Bike at least 3 times
get back into morning Sauna and yoga
Plant my flower baskets

Have a great week everyone

Mary

01gt4.6 05-07-2012 04:07 AM

I want to hop in but I can't seem to last an entire week. I may just sit back and watch from the sidelines. :o

cjohnson728 05-07-2012 04:07 AM

Hello everyone, welcome to Monday :o.
I flunked at another week of self-care. I let the work and the home stuff get the better of me again and paid the price in not sleeping, exercising, or eating like I should. There has to be a way to do everything and meet my own needs, too. I will find a way. I'm keeping the same goals until I master them.

1. 1300 calories or fewer.
2. Exercise 6 hours.
3. New water bottle...get two down every day.
4. Eat clean.
5. Take vitamins.
6. Sleep 7 hours
7. Log everything and participate in forums.

8. Vacuum furniture.
9. Deep breaths Tuesday, patience Tuesday. Plan ahead, then let it go.

If the scale wasn't kind today, hang in there! It will move soon. Do what you know to do. If it did move for you, congrats on your hard work!

Hope, are you all right? I saw mention of your accident in passing...please take care!

Mern 05-07-2012 04:14 AM

Frenchhen, best wishes on your nice simple goals. Oh, I almost forgot how badly my long haired dog used to shed.

Lizzie, welcome back. Sounds like you had some yummy food while in Palma. Looking forward to hearing about Budapest. Best wishes on your goals.

Tunnrida, welcome back. Best wishes on your goals, too.

Hope, I'm totally better today, thanks. Best wishes with your goals. Big hugs to you. Also wishing you peace of mind and a lifting of your spirits.

Joanna, aiming for something, even if simple, is a good thing.

Nobe, simple seems to be a trend this week, so you're going with the flow. LOL I usually only raise the weight in my signature if I've been off the wagon for more than a week and know it's not just a water weight gain.

Chris, welcome. :) You sound like one busy mom! Congrats on your son's first communion. I hope you and you family have a wonderful celebration and that the kids have fun at scouts and soccer. I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in 2004. I am lucky (since I found a new doctor who will help me) to be able to keep both my fasting blood glucose and my A1C normal since August of 2011 through 25g net carbs per day diet and exercise. My sister and brother both take insulin for their full blown type II diabetes.

Mary, wishing you a great week.

Mern 05-07-2012 04:19 AM

Mike! You get your birthday off this week, but get your butt in here the other six days. "I can't do it" doesn't wash here. You want Tori to win the race to 170?

Cassie, kudos to you for being determined to find a way to do everything and meet your own needs, too. Maybe we can't do EVERYTHING we need to do, but whatever we CAN do goes a long way. Nothing wrong with keeping the same goals. Let us know how the time conflict resolution between the concert and tournament goes.

cjohnson728 05-07-2012 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 80578)
Mike! You get your birthday off this week, but get your butt in here the other six days. "I can't do it" doesn't wash here. You want Tori to win the race to 170?

Cassie, kudos to you for being determined to find a way to do everything and meet your own needs, too. Maybe we can't do EVERYTHING we need to do, but whatever we CAN do goes a long way. Nothing wrong with keeping the same goals. Let us know how the time conflict resolution between the concert and tournament goes.

You read my mind! I can't last the whole week either, apparently, but trying is better than the alternative!

Thanks, Mern. Essentially, we decided that he would email his director himself but simply say that he didn't know what to do, knowing that he could not miss the concert and saying he was told he can't miss the match (apparently the rosters are locked in with officials during the state playoffs). The long and short is that he can't get out of either commitment, but we can wiggle the timing so hopefully he can do both. Thanks for the moral support; will check in tomorrow night...I just want it to be over!

Let's all rock this week!

Jho82 05-07-2012 04:56 AM

S'UP Y'ALL!!! Sorry I've been away - I was not a very good warrior this past weekend! Saturday I took the kids to my Aunts to work on my scrapbook (she help me put some sewing designs in!) and Sunday was clean the house day cuz we had pics done this morning! I'm still on the wagon - Its soooo much easier to stay on when you don't have any snacks tempting you in the cupboards! My water intake has not been good - the flu left some aftermath - a very very very sore throat! It hurt to even swallow water. Doing better now - hopefully its not lingering in one of the kids!

Health/Fitness/Lifestyle
1. Drink min 100oz of WATER!!/install TV in washroom cuz that’s where I spend most of my day now…!
2. Wake up early before my monsters wake up!!!
3. PM workout Mon/Wed/Fri(at least)!!
4. Min 60 crunches/day!
5. 5 Pushups (straight leg)/ 10 pushups (knees)!
6. Calories below 1300/day!
7. Don't crash and burn on the weekend! WEEKEND WARRIORS UNITE!!!
9. FINISH SCRAPBOOK! Mothers Day is quickly approaching!!

Keeping my goals simple this week.... Need to get the scrapbook DONE!!

Mern & Mike - Mern tks for telling Mike in a nice way that there is no way he would ever get away with that sidelines crap! LOL Nice try buddy!

Quasimodo - hope your back feels better soon! My ciatic kicks in sometimes in the morning and it sux! I also blame it on the kids!

Cassie - you can do it!!!!

Jonjax - aren't closets the worst!! oh man - you can fit so much stuff in there and just forget about it until one day you step back and actually look at it.... I did that last week and it took me all day to clean out 2 closets! ooops! Good luck this week!

Hope - I hope everything is ok - I missed the post about your accident....

01gt4.6 05-07-2012 05:16 AM

okay, okay.:eek:

1. log food:
2. drop 2 pounds:
3. post weight daily: 182.4

That's better than nothing.:o

Lizards13 05-07-2012 09:00 AM

HOPE. My BF teaches a course at NATO school in Budapest twice a year and he has always asked me to go with him. We will have a couple of days Sat/Sun together before he starts work on the Mon, then we will have the Fri after he finishes before we head home on the Sat. When he's working I will have to amuse myself, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I have been given a job to do re-writing a presentation from bad English into good English and condensing it from 1 and 1/2 hrs to 20 mins, so that will keep me busy for a while.

Had a fair day today and did a heap of housework but could have done better, I think my count is almost 1400 for the day, so not so good. Roll on tomorrow.

canary52 05-07-2012 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 80575)
I want to hop in but I can't seem to last an entire week. I may just sit back and watch from the sidelines. :o

I have the same problem but I'll try if you will.

canary52 05-07-2012 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lizards13 (Post 80599)
HOPE. My BF teaches a course at NATO school in Budapest twice a year and he has always asked me to go with him. We will have a couple of days Sat/Sun together before he starts work on the Mon, then we will have the Fri after he finishes before we head home on the Sat. When he's working I will have to amuse myself, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I have been given a job to do re-writing a presentation from bad English into good English and condensing it from 1 and 1/2 hrs to 20 mins, so that will keep me busy for a while.

Had a fair day today and did a heap of housework but could have done better, I think my count is almost 1400 for the day, so not so good. Roll on tomorrow.

Your trip sounds so cool you will have to tell us about it so we can live vicariously.

I also have so much trouble keeping the calorie count down!

ToriD1012 05-07-2012 11:32 AM

Seems like there's a lot of us on the struggle bus. I don't think I've finished an entire week in months. I do pretty good the first few days then life smacks me upside the head. I'll try it again, not sure if it'll work though.

Going to KISS with my goals this week.

1--keep calories to a minimum (something I didn't do last week)
2--log EVERYTHING (again, something I haven't been doing)
3--post start weight and ending weight...I've been letting the scale get in my head. When I first started all this "New Me" stuff I was only weighing in at the beginning of each week and it always made me feel better to see that loss. Lately, I've been doing the weight and post daily and I get caught up in the numbers from day to day. No Mo!!! Going back to basics. Maybe then I'll start seeing the big picture instead of each little flaw.

I may not be able to post very regularly, too much going on lately and I've got to get a handle on all this life stuff. I don't want to drag anyone down (with the exception of maybe Mike ;) j/k). My head has been all kinds of screwy and negative, so maybe it's best to keep it out of the fourms. All I need is my negativity bringing every one else to my level.

Wishing everyone tremendous success this week.

amalthea1892 05-07-2012 11:37 AM

I'm in to be thin (or a little bit thinner than I am now at least)...;)

Goals week of 5/7
Water, lots of water (70+)
1500 cals or less.
Throw out the leftover birthday cake, and cupcakes!
Gym 2x this week.
20 min power walk at work each day.
Pack my lunch each day so I don't eat out.
Pay attention to portion sizes.
No mindless snacking after dinner (allowed one piece of something sweet like a chocolate square - that is it)!
Lose 1 lb this week.

:D Ama

HardcaorKittyGirl 05-07-2012 11:54 AM

Hello all! I'm a little ill right now, so if I post anything in black that will be due to sick leave. But I'm in for a warm week so hopefully it will pass.

Goals for the week:
Eat normal portions! Not that of an elephant!
Stick to meal plan
Stick to Exersize plan
8 glasses of water a day
5 sugary snacks this week

Life:
Spend time outside (if reasonable)
Do one thing on my boring list of stuff to do
Be positive

almeeker 05-07-2012 01:28 PM

Hey y'all.

cjohnson728 05-07-2012 01:42 PM

Oh hai! How have you been?!

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 80623)
hey y'all.

Seriously, you have been missed!
I was just poking through the herbs in the garden center today thinking how busy you must be with planting. Hope all is going well.

almeeker 05-07-2012 01:50 PM

That last post was a test, I swear, I posted this morning, and when I went to check in tonight, nada. It's gone, what a shame because it was a good little set of goals.

Sorry that I've been AWAL, life has been nuts and I felt like I just needed to take a break from counting cals and working out and all that "healthy" junk, and to plow through some craziness from the kids. Anyway in the midst of it all, middle child fell off a pony and broke her arm. Getting a cast put on a kiddo is sort of like adding a cranky newborn to the family, oi. You also would not believe how difficult it is to find a decent orthopedic surgeon, who is also interested in making an appointment in a timely fashion. Oh, I was not a very nice woman there for several hours straight. But it's all good, arm is mending, mom here is even feeling slightly less bitter toward the medical profession as a whole.

I noticed over the past few weeks that I was sort of slipping into something like mild depression or something, poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, this sort of made my brain/mental state deteriorate or something. Anyway I've pulled my head out of "whoa is me" land and made a conscience decision to join up again with the healthy side. And guess what? I feel a ton better already. Today I didn't have heartburn, I'm energetic, I got things accomplished. Now if only I can get a little momentum going here...

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 or less. 1,340
2. Water 100 oz or more. 100,
3. Log food, weight and activities daily. Y
4. Exercise 5 hours. 35 min,

Other Stuff:

1. Housekeeping 30 min daily + 1 load laundry. YY
2. Work on rabbit cages. Y
3. Take load to Goodwill. Y

That's it for me, baby steps. Tomorrow I might even brave the pedometer.

almeeker 05-07-2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 80624)
Oh hai! How have you been?!

Seriously, you have been missed!
I was just poking through the herbs in the garden center today thinking how busy you must be with planting. Hope all is going well.

I've missed you guys too. It's just been really crazy. Our oldest DD competed in History Day, but along the way she talked me into being a sponsor for 5 other kids. Anyway I ended up having 4 of them qualify for the state event. I was a complete wreck! This is why I never did theater, I can make costumes, props, talk a kid through the research, help write a script, coach a little acting, help block, help edit, whatev. But please dear Lord do not put me up on stage and make me play a part.

I haven't gotten the garden in yet, although I will admit to jonesing for the feel of dirt between my fingers and toes... I did plant peas and strawberries, and mom put some potatoes in this past weekend. But here in MI we don't get too excited about gardening until mid May. It doesn't matter that it was 80 deg in March, there will still be plenty of frost and a snow storm between April Fool's and Mother's Day.

cjohnson728 05-07-2012 03:22 PM

Check In;

1. 1300 calories or fewer. 1270
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min
3. New water bottle...get two down every day. Yes
4. Eat clean. Yes
5. Take vitamins. Yes
6. Sleep 7 hours. 6 (Sunday night)
7. Log everything and participate in forums. Yes

I'm trying to get some momentum, too...there is strength in numbers!

Day one, so far, so good!

Hope everyone had a good start to the week.

nobe 05-07-2012 03:30 PM

Didn't exercise today because of my back, but didn't eat much either, so my deficit was still in check. Hopefully it's better tomorrow and I can at least go for a walk.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1352
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - nothing
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 757
6) take vitamins - yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no

Good job Cassie and Almeeker!

ToriD1012 05-07-2012 03:40 PM

Monday

1--keep calories to a minimum (something I didn't do last week): 1248
2--log EVERYTHING (again, something I haven't been doing): YES
3--post start weight and ending weight...I've been letting the scale get in my head. When I first started all this "New Me" stuff I was only weighing in at the beginning of each week and it always made me feel better to see that loss. Lately, I've been doing the weight and post daily and I get caught up in the numbers from day to day. No Mo!!! Going back to basics. Maybe then I'll start seeing the big picture instead of each little flaw: 189.4

That's it kiddos....see ya on the flip side

Tunnrida 05-07-2012 09:46 PM

calories intake max 1200 - m/1300
exercise my routine every day - m/y
drink neem - m/y
take walks - m-n
don't eat junk food - m/y
don't drink alcohol - m/y
drink lots of water - m/n

Mern 05-08-2012 12:02 AM

Monday Report:

Overages due to an extra evening snack of turkey, lowfat cheese, and a teaspoon of horseradish sauce, but I give myself credit for all snacking yesterday being nutritious food.

Calorie limit 1500 1586
Cholesterol limit 250mg 241mg
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 26.9g
Fiber average 25g 36g
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 11%
Protein average 100g 126g
Water 64 oz. about 54 oz.
Exercise 5 days

Mern 05-08-2012 12:24 AM

Cassie, what a smart decision to have your son email the director himself. You are more diplomatic than I am--better idea for him to just say he didn't know what to do.

Jho, I hope your sore throat is better today. Not counting the cleaning and sore throat, sounds like you had a nice weekend visiting your Aunt and then having pictures done yesterday. Kudos for still being on the wagon. I was surprised to hear Mike saying "I can't" but was too tired to drag out my whip. LOL

Mike, good job on posting simple goals. That's not just better than nothing--takes diligence to lose 2 lbs. :)

Lizzie, 1400 for the day and a heap of housework sounds good to me!

Hope, big hug to ya!

Tori, kudos on going back to basics. That may also help you have a better frame of mind. Big hug to you, too.

I'll be back later to finish catching up. Have to get the grandkids off to school, go to the Y, and then run a couple errands.

Stay STRONG, everyone! Let's get out of our funks and vow to have a good day and feel GOOD about ourselves.

almeeker 05-08-2012 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 80659)
Stay STRONG, everyone! Let's get out of our funks and vow to have a good day and feel GOOD about ourselves.

Amen Sister.

frenchhen3 05-08-2012 01:15 AM

Diet Goals:
Tupperware pitcher of water, daily M
Walk 1.5 miles daily M
3-1200 calories days
Personal goals:
Clean kitchen after each meal M
Keep kitchen floor free of dog hair M
Vacuum 5 days M
Wash walls of entryway and halls
----
Can you tell the dogs are shedding?

canary52 05-08-2012 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 80623)
Hey y'all.

I was just thinking of you, thinking if you would mind if I PMed you to see if you are OK.

Welcome back, Amy!!!!

You have been much missed, amazing funny gorgeous crafty woman!!!

Oh, I just read about your middle DD. Is she OK? How scary!! My DD once fell off a horse didn't even break anything and I still have nightmares when I think of it. No wonder you needed a break!!! (dang, pardon the pun)

So glad you are back and we have our untrained (and trained, hi Cassie!) therapists on hand to help.

And that goes for you too, Tori. Don't ever think you can't vent. Look at me, Debbie Downer with at least one catastophe a week and I can tell you this is a very loving and supportive community!!!

Hugs right back atcha Mern.

canary52 05-08-2012 03:03 AM

1) 6 daily glasses of water minimum: 6
2) 1650 calories maximum: 1347
3) walk/gym 3x this week minimum: No
4) write one hour per day MINIMUM: 1/2 hour, GRRRRRRR
5) be present and mindful: Yes

01gt4.6 05-08-2012 03:25 AM

1. log food: some
2. drop 2 pounds: +1.2
3. post weight daily: starting @ 182.4, 183.6

Kumochi 05-08-2012 03:38 AM

Great to be back with you all. Welcome back Amy Maybe Ontario and Michigan were suffering from the same downer. We need more light!

Yesterday went well as first day back on track;

Calories, 1330
Water and Green tea Yes
Exercise _ a 20 minute walk but its a start
Balanced nutritional chart

Started today with sauna and yoga. Mary

bojibridge 05-08-2012 04:16 AM

For yesterday:
1.) Under or around 1400 calories/day: epic fail
2.) Drink lots o' water: decent
3.) Bike to work at least 1 time: VERY rainy

So yesterday wasn't great in terms of food. And it was stupid because it wasn't like I was feeling munchy, I just wanted to EAT. It's vaguely reminiscent of when I used to comfort eat, you know? I don't know that I've done that in a while. I've been a little stressed out the last week or so... I found a small lump in my breast :( I went to the Dr. yesterday, and she scheduled an ultrasound for tomorrow. My family has no history of breast cancer, and I'm young as these things go, so I'm sure it's just a cyst, but the waiting to know is tough, you know? It's just there in the back of my mind, kind of weighing on me. And a couple nights, I freaked myself out a bit. Anyway, point is, I think the stress is causing me to binge a tad. Anyway, that's what's up with me.