Notices

7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12

Old 05-11-2012, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Scale still isn't moving yet, but I did bump up my treadmill walk at the Y to the next level of intensity which gently introduces the walker to some stretches of 4.0 and 4.5 incline. I could feel it in my hips, but it was just harder, not painful. Will also do some strength training later today at home.

Calorie limit 1500 1586, 1278, 1270, 1410
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 26.9g, 21.1g, 17.6g, 25g even
Fiber average 25g 36g, 31g, 39g, 41g
Cholesterol limit average 250g 241mg, 208mg, 155mg, only 95mg.
Sat fat average 12% of total calories 11%, 14%, 11% 14% gives me an average of 12.75% so far and I'm confident I can can change that to green for the week.
Protein average 100g CHANGED GOAL TO 120g May 10 126g, 107g, 131g 119 gives me an average so far of 120.75
Water 64 oz. about 54 oz, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, YES
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Today DS and I are headed out to check into yet another preschool. We did not get DS into the preschool we really liked because they are now booked up for the summer and through next year. But there are other programs so the hunt goes on. After the school thing DS and I are headed to Kids Kingdom to run around the play structures for an hour or so before we meet DH for lunch. We harvested a ton of bok choy from the garden yesterday so dinner will be very green! I am thinking of some kind of oriental soup, with rice noodles, shrimp, and bok choy. I think it is time to learn how to make veggie smoothies also – the spinach is growing like mad out there and will bolt soon if we don’t harvest! The drip system and other veggies go in the ground this weekend – I love spring!

Mern - TBD means (in my world) "to be determined." I thought I would hit the 1lb goal, but DH brought pepperoni pizza home for dinner last night... the sodium has me up 0.2lbs. And gotta have beer with pizza, and chips… But today is a new day and it is going to be fabulous! Good job bumping up the exercise - I think you are headed for great success with bumping up the proties and new exercise plan!

Nobe - Lots and Lots of green!!! YAY!

Quinn - So glad to hear that you found some relief! Thanks for sharing! I wonder if that would work to relieve arthritis pain also?

Jeanne - Nice work! You've earned your zzzzz's.

Mike - I hope today is going better than yesterday. Your brother owes you big time!

Tori - Are you feeling better today?

Cassie – Yummy dinner! I hear ya on fitting in that exercise… when at home I do better with exercise, but at work I do better with calorie restriction. That hike sounds great, nice way to burn cals!

Mary - Planting definately counts as exercise! So glad to hear you are feeling great!

Have a great Friday everyone! Ama
Old 05-11-2012, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone- the bad bit first......i gained 1lb this week. Im not too disheartened because i was expecting it and i know where i went wrong so im trying to have a better week now. Before id have totally given up- i know its just a pound but i used to punish myself so badly for not doing it 'properly'- ive learnt now though and as silly as it sounds i think as ive got older and on the nearer side of my 20s- closer to 30 i feel a change in how i approach things. I accept now that some weeks things just get in the way and if im not strong enough to continue eating 'good' then its not the end of the world- it can be fixed and it will.
Thankyou for all your messages with my migraines- i knew this is what they were because the word headache just didnt cut it! I became quite scared because they were coming more and more often, more painful and lasting longer. I went to the doctor and after a brilliant 30 minute consultation and telling her everything in my head and body brought on by stress she put the headaches down to this.
I tell you though i have never in my life ever felt such a pain and i though i thought it could have been something more serious. The smallest thing can bring it on but im always tense 24/7 which doesnt help.

Changing the subject though i want to sleep yesterday at 7.30pm- about 5 hours early for me! The problem was i slept right through til 9am the next day- slept through my alarm and was late with kids for school by 40 mins!!!!
I will say though that i had never felt so alert for years all day.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Yay, Friday! I am so ready for the weekend.

Tomorrow is my live-in GD's senior prom. She is graduating from high school with honors (4.1 grade point average) on June 1 and her BF is Salutatorian of the graduating class with his 4.25 GPA. (In the USA the salutatorian has the second highest grade point average in the class.)

Mary! Kudos on four good days in a row. Nice to hear that you're feeling great and that you enjoyed your planting exercise.

Hope, the most spice I do is mild chili powder and a little black pepper here and there. My son gave me some Slap Yo Mama seasoning for cooking the alligator he ordered from Louisiana and I forgot how spicy that was--couldn't taste my fish the other day because of the heat. LOL OMG I'd love to have a new car, but we run ours until they die and are too expensive to repair. Sorry you can't have the terrier and Mazda. I'm getting a new microwave oven soon, though. Mine is 12 years old and DH said it wouldn't be cost effective to repair it since they've come down in price so much over the years. Our first microwave cost $800--now you can get the same size (1.2 cubic ft.) and same quality for about $140. Mostly green in your reports this week. Congrats on that!

Ama, thanks for the clarification of TBD as "to be determined." I'm with you--gotta have beer with pizza, but I can bypass the chips. Best wishes on the preschool hunt and I hope you have a great day at Kids Kingdom and lunch with DH. I love bok choy--have some in the fridge right now, as well as fresh spinach, celery, green onion, green pepper, cucumber, cabbage, tomatoes. In the freezer I have broccoli, cauliflower and collard greens. I love all kinds of low carb, green veggies and haven't thought of the veggie smoothies, but I will definitely look into that. Nice thing about veggie smoothies is that it's not like juicing, so we can keep the fiber that is so beneficial. Thanks for your encouragement on my exercise. This group really helped me out this week with ideas for a new plan of attack.

Nobe, I think you did a great job at 1722 calories with DH cooking dinner. Glad you're enjoying the exercise from the painting, plus the satisfaction of beautifying the place. You've done a great job this week--look at all that green!

Cassie, you've done a really great job this week, too. Kudos for pulling it back from the brink from the cereal incident!" Boy, I know how life can get in the way of our exercise, but you have good plans for this weekend. Hope you have a great time. Oh, what's the word on the concert/tennis tournament conflict?

Jeanne, wishing you rest, fun and relaxation, and yummy, nutritious food this weekend!

Frenchhen, yup, airbags are useful! Looks like you're having a pretty good week on your goals!

Tracey, I'm glad you shared with us your new insight into how you handle gaining one pound. Beating oneself up over that is just fruitless. You're not nearly as old as I am, but I'm glad to see that you have learned to put things in perspective as to their importance but still be able to tackle problems head-on when necessary. Kudos to you! So sorry about your headaches. Glad you got to the doctor. Sounds like your body was telling you that you needed that extra sleep--and that was probably more important for that need to be filled over getting the kids to school on time that day. Wishing relief from stress and pain-- and a great weekend.

Last edited by Mern; 05-11-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, kudos for the GD and her BF!!!! Outstanding!!!! Obviously, your smarts rubbed off on them!! G'head - take credit!!! And as we say in Yiddish kvell (which translates roughly as be proud but is more like glow and crow.)

Yeah we run our cars into the ground too and I have to return my cute sleek black Mazda tooooo sooooon but hey it was fun while it lasted as they say.

And congrats onthe micorwave, remind me to tell how I set ours on fire (accidentally.) DD still talks about that one. This is why one friend calls me Lucy and herself Ethel.

Tracey glad to see you're back and not not letting yourself get defeated on the 1 lb, keeping it in perspecitve and knowing there are ups and downs.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, I read that tomorrow is fibro awareness day...thinking of you and wishing you a pain-free day then and every day.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

calories intake max 1200 - m/1300, t/1100, w/N 1,965, t/790, f/n
exercise my routine every day - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y, f/y
drink neem - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y, f/y
take walks - m-n, t/y, w/y, t/n, f/n
don't eat junk food - m/y, t/y, w/n, t/y, f/n
don't drink alcohol - m/y, t/y, w/y, t/y, f/y
drink lots of water - m/n, t/n, w/n, t/y, f/y
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hope, I read that tomorrow is fibro awareness day...thinking of you and wishing you a pain-free day then and every day.
Thank you sweetheart!! I could say that for we fibromites every day is fibro awareness day. Judt a joke! Sort of. OK maybe not.
But thank you so much for thinking of me; you don't know how much it means. It's been a tough week or so. A tough life. So the good people and the good stuff really counts. You are the good people.

How's by you?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Went for Chinese food after work. I didn't really want it, but that's where hubby wanted to go and I didn't have any better ideas. Oh well, I worked hard and didn't eat much today. The MSG coma is making me lethargic, though. And there's ginger beef calling my name from the fridge now.

1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1352, 1533, 1581, 1722, 2137 (guilt free!)
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - nothing, walking 1hr/weights, 45 mins walking/nothing else, painted 7 hrs, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 25%, 20%, 23%, 27%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 757, 716, 594, 1054, 639
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes, no, no, no
Old 05-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Peaking in to say hello to my ladies. I can't wait until Monday to get back on, I'm going to do me best this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.