Quinn so good to see you back!!! I have to check out the SameE. I've thought about it. Sorry to hear all you've gone thru but glad to hear that you are coping well and psyched to party.
Hi!! I'm glad to be back! Haven't gotten on the scale yet... maybe tomorrow. I've been taking 2-400 mg. doses of SAM-e (empty stomach) for about 2 weeks and, maybe it's just coincidence, but I haven't felt this pain free in years. Very few side effects or drug interactions, as well. Only down side is that it's pretty pricey, but if you get your mobility back and a break from chronic pain, it's sure worth it. I've cut my IB use down to 2 or less a day since I've started.
Although I have no firm goals for the week, I've had a great week diet and health-wise. Been walking 2-4 miles a day, eating super clean and feeling so much better. Ahhh..... so nice to be back!
Went over my calories today (and it's probably more than I estimated, since I don't know how hubby cooked dinner and he always uses lots of butter), but still had a good deficit so I don't mind. My muscles are sore from painting...I'm beginning to really like this manual labour thing - getting paid to exercise!
1) 1,600 calories max/day (allow myself 1 guilt free day over 1,600) - 1352, 1533, 1581, 1722
2) do 2 exercises on days I don't work (walking/weights/Richard Simmons/stationary bike) - nothing, walking 1hr/weights, 45 mins walking/nothing else, painted 7 hrs
3) 20% protein minimum - 26%, 25%, 20%, 23%
4) 64oz water minimum - 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz+, 64oz+
5) calorie deficit 700+ - 757, 716, 594, 1054
6) take vitamins - yes, yes, yes, yes
7) lights out by 11 the night before (except Sunday night because apparently I'm hooked on Celebrity Apprentice) - no, yes, no, no
Start: Feb 1/12 - 203lbs
Currently: 173.5 lbs
mini goal: 168 lbs
final goal: 140lbs
1. 1300 calories or fewer. 1270, 1140, 1296, 1231
2. Exercise 6 hours. 30 min, 0, 60 min, 0
3. New water bottle...get two down every day. Yes, 1.5, Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, Mostly, Yes, except for some peppermints
5. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Sleep 7 hours. 6 (Sunday night), 7, 7, 6
7. Log everything and participate in forums. Yes, Yes (participation minimal, sorry ), Same today, And today
Going to head for bed so I can make that sleep goal. Had a really productive night catching up on work tasks and pulled it back from the brink from the cereal incident. I had grilled chicken over a salad with some parmesan for dinner and that plus a couple snacks made my pie chart very pretty again, plus 33 g fiber. Epic fail on the exercise, but I'm working at home tomorrow and can hopefully get some good time in, and I have a hike planned for Sunday that will be at least a couple hours. Plus I hope to be a bit more active here now that I'm not back to back with clients the next three days . Miss being a part of the ongoing chatter!
And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
I'm so very glad that Friday is tomorrow. Crazy week is almost behind me.
Too much work, too little sleep. I have one more critical job to get out this week. It's just going to wait. Customer picked up rush job this morning, I picked up a nice check so I am happy. Came home and crashed for an hour, then decided to shower and go to my quilt group tonite. All I can say is water, water, water everywhere - I am retaining so much water right now. I can feel it as well as see it. My feet, legs and hands are swollen. Got brave and stepped on the scale mid-day. Weight was same as Sunday's so I feel good about that despite my major detour this week.
Tomorrow is a new day and time to get back on track all around. I have been thinking about visiting a nutritionist / dietician to help me understand why I am not losing weight like I think I should. Have any of you consulted with either or both of these professionals? Was it any help.
The rest of the week I plan on staying on track with the goals.
Sleep is creeping up on me now - time to go to bed.
Sorry it's a busy day and I have to take my car in for recall repairs. Gotta have an airbag, right?
Tupperware pitcher of water, daily M,T,W,TH
Walk 1.5 miles daily M,T,W,Th
3-1200 calories days T
Clean kitchen after each meal M,T,W
Keep kitchen floor free of dog hair M,T,W
Vacuum 5 days M,W,th
Wash walls of entryway and halls-
I think you're right, Mern... Sounds like funktipation to me....
I swear I read this on their website under the adult tab:
"Funktipation can occur for a variety of reasons, and affect people of all ages. When it does, you want relief that's effective, safe and gentle – and that's exactly what Fleet products provide you and your family." fleetlabs.com
I'm headed to the gym.
Age 68, 5 feet tall
Highest weight ever in the fall of 2010 246 lbs.
FitDay starting weight 1/17/2011 240 lbs.
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"
1) 6 daily glasses of water minimum: 6,8,7 9
2) 1650 calories maximum: 1347, 1642,2064!!! 1560
3) walk/gym 3x this week minimum: No, NO, YES no
4) write one hour per day MINIMUM: 1/2 hour, GRRRRRRR; Yes, Yes yes but not good
5) be present and mindful: Yes, Yes, Yes when I wasn't
I pulled myself back in