FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Starting 5/7/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/7322-7-day-motivational-starting-5-7-12-a.html)

cjohnson728 05-10-2012 10:47 AM

Ugh...

I am ready for this brutal week to be over! Is it Friday yet?

It was a dark and stormy night...no, it was a long and stressful day, and I got too hungry; underestimated the time it would take and did not pack enough lunch. I snagged some hard candy from my secretary, strike one, then had some almonds when I got home. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick so I ate two bowls of (organic :o) cereal.

Dinner will be damage control. I will check it all in, good, bad, or ugly.

Mern 05-10-2012 10:48 AM

Crud! I had a really long post to get all caught up but had a computer glitch and lost it! I know better than to type a reply directly into the reply box, but I did it anyway. Arrgggghhh!

So more quickly than y'all deserve but I've got dinner dishes to do and a couple other chores:

Hope, I think of you every time I eat "our wrap" too. Had it yesterday with turkey instead of chicken. Found some delicious jarred roasted red peppers at the dollar store and stocked up, so I always have them on hand for a quick, yummy lunch. I could eat our wrap every day and never tire of it. :D Oh, I see getting that terrier would cause a problem. LOL Have fun with the Mazda while you can, then. Thanks for your encouragement, too. Don't know where I'd be without yours. Makes sense about the accidents and other stress causing the fibro to kick up. So sorry 'bout your tooth still hurting!

Quinn, OMG, honey I'm so sorry for all your troubles, too--your Mom's injury and then yours, no help from your bro. Sorry, too, that DH had to take off work, but I'm sure he was a huge help and comfort to you. I'll look up the SAM-e for my own information--not familiar with that, but I'm glad you are finding it so helpful. :) Wishing you smoother sailing the next 4-6 weeks.

Tori, kudos on your goal achievements not being horrible. Not kidding, that's something to be proud of under your IDGAF circumstances. Also not kidding, when you have a few moments, take a piece of paper and write down a few things that give you a smile like having a decent job, your cat, a night out on the town with friends. Might make you feel better even for just a minute. :) Had to chuckle over the dye job--you're a nice SIL, that's for sure. :D

Mike, are you still funked up like Tori? Or are you more like "funktipated." I think EX-LAX may work for that. LOL

amalthea1892 05-10-2012 10:52 AM

Okay - Several people have been in a serious funk this week so I think that it is time to post the Secret Weapon

This video is guaranteed to make ya forget ALL reality for a period of 3 min and 1 sec. Then ya'll will probably hate me afterwards but I bet you forget about your woes, if only for a little while… ;) Enjoy!

Tight Pants / Body Rolls - YouTube

:D Ama

Mern 05-10-2012 10:55 AM

Cassie, oh no! You're having a brutal week, too! Aw, but you really tried hard to do right by your hunger pangs: hard candy is better than a Snickers bar, and almonds are good for us. Yeah, that protein and fat in the almonds don't always curb the hunger pangs--I find I need more with them like turkey or cheese for added "pang relief" but they're better than nothing. Gotta give you credit for the cereal being organic! :) And kudos on your plan for a damage control dinner. I had to do it, too.

OK, I'm off to finish some chores.

amalthea1892 05-10-2012 10:58 AM

Goals week of 5/7
Water, lots of water (70+): Y, Y, Y, Y
1500 cals or less. N, Y, N, ?
Throw out the leftover birthday cake, and cupcakes! Y, but not until Tuesday pm.
Gym 2x this week. Wed Y
20 min power walk at work each day. N, N, N, N
Pack my lunch each day so I don't eat out. Y, N (lunch meeting), Y, Teleworking so Y
Pay attention to portion sizes. N, Y, N, so far
No mindless snacking after dinner (allowed one piece of something sweet like a chocolate square - that is it)! N, N, Y, ?
Lose 1 lb this week. TBD

Mern 05-10-2012 11:06 AM

Ama, I couldn't resist. That video was well worth it--thanks for the chuckles. It might make Mike throw up, though. LOL So glad you're posting your daily reports. Special congrats on the water and gym! What TBD in your goal to lose a pound? To be done?

01gt4.6 05-10-2012 12:05 PM

Mern, I'm trying to get the funk out. :)

canary52 05-10-2012 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by amalthea1892 (Post 80916)
Okay - Several people have been in a serious funk this week so I think that it is time to post the Secret Weapon

This video is guaranteed to make ya forget ALL reality for a period of 3 min and 1 sec. Then ya'll will probably hate me afterwards but I bet you forget about your woes, if only for a little while… ;) Enjoy!

Tight Pants / Body Rolls - YouTube

What the hell did I just watch????

Kumochi 05-10-2012 12:18 PM

A good day - Wow 4 in a row - that's a record for this year. Woke up feeling great today - could be because I've had no gluten all week. I'll have to watch as I increase my diet. I've been very strick this week to get back on track. Bought my plants for my containers this afternoon and got them planted this evening. Figure that should count as exercise. Mary

canary52 05-10-2012 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 80915)
Hope, I think of you every time I eat "our wrap" too. Had it yesterday with turkey instead of chicken. Found some delicious jarred roasted red peppers at the dollar store and stocked up, so I always have them on hand for a quick, yummy lunch. I could eat our wrap every day and never tire of it. :D Oh, I see getting that terrier would cause a problem. LOL Have fun with the Mazda while you can, then. Thanks for your encouragement, too. Don't know where I'd be without yours. Makes sense about the accidents and other stress causing the fibro to kick up. So sorry 'bout your tooth still hurting!

I got these great organic jarred peppers something like Manzanetta. Fabulous. They also have great jalapenos in this brand (which could work on our wrap too if you're up for spicy.)

Mern, I want the terrier. I want the Mazda. Why can't I have them? Huh?