Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-30-2010, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Montana!!! You and me girl! I hit 271 just yesterday... 260's HERE WE COME! I don't know what your goal is, but 250's are a big deal because it will mean I have ONLY 100 pounds to lose. I started this journey at 430, so... I am down 159 pounds.... by the time I am at my goal, I will have lost 280 pounds. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN! I know you and me will be skipping into the 260's before we know it! Keep us posted on your huge (or skinny, lol) accomplishment.

WOOHOOO!!! Good for you! 159 pounds???!!!! THAT'S FABULOUS!!!

Okay, I have to brag a bit. Yesterday was my dad's 73rd birthday and he and mom wanted us to join them at Chili's for dinner.

My oldest daughter is trying to shed 30 pounds (she's 13, 5 foot 6 and weighs 170) My husband is trying to shed another 30, and I've got the grand total of 120 I want to lose. I was worried. I got on their website and downloaded nutrition info for their menu and shared it with dh and dd and we all pretty much decided what we wanted to eat before we even walked in the door.

I had the grilled salmon with veggies and rice and I was only at 1242 calories total for the day yesterday (Fitday says I can have up to 2200, but I've been trying to keep it in the 1300-1700 range). As hard as it was, I didn't even have one of their dessert shots (they're about 240 calories each).

I did it! I resisted the temptation to blow it! YAY ME!

I almost can't wait to get on the scale tomorrow morning to see how much more I've lost. I measured Tuesday and my biceps, forearms and thighs are a bit bigger, but I measured right after I did some weight training, so I wonder if that had something to do with it. But I've lost 1.5 inches on my bust, 1.25 on my waist, 1.5 on my hips and .25 on my calves.

Sorry, this turned into a book... I just can't help it. I'm seeing progress!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

SkinnyErinn - I can't believe you've lost 159 pounds - that is awesome! Great motivation for the rest of us here.

Montana - Good for you for not blowing it at Chili's. It's really awesome that your whole family is leaning on each other for support and helping each other out. Meanwhile, you are teaching your DD about healthy eating early in life. Way to go!

After only about a week of eating healthier and tracking on Fitday, I feel much better. I think I'll weigh in every Wednesday for hopefully a nice boost and motivation for myself mid-week. I can't wait to see if a week has made a difference on the scale. I'm a die-hard Biggest Loser fan, and I only wish that I could be like all of them and lose 10+ pounds in the first week of a diet/lifestyle change. But I also don't have 6 hours a day to work out or Bob and Jillian kicking my butt! So I'll be happy with 2 pounds!
Old 04-30-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
After only about a week of eating healthier and tracking on Fitday, I feel much better. I think I'll weigh in every Wednesday for hopefully a nice boost and motivation for myself mid-week. I can't wait to see if a week has made a difference on the scale. I'm a die-hard Biggest Loser fan, and I only wish that I could be like all of them and lose 10+ pounds in the first week of a diet/lifestyle change. But I also don't have 6 hours a day to work out or Bob and Jillian kicking my butt! So I'll be happy with 2 pounds!
Hey, I picked up Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred the other day on sale for $8 at WM. It's 3 20-min workouts, the first one is a very basic, "Jr. High Gym class" sort of workout, but it got the burn going for me. This morning my 8 year old DD did it before school. So okay you might not be at the ranch, but you can have Jillian in your living room kicking your butt for a very reasonable price.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
Okay, I have to brag a bit. Yesterday was my dad's 73rd birthday and he and mom wanted us to join them at Chili's for dinner.

My oldest daughter is trying to shed 30 pounds (she's 13, 5 foot 6 and weighs 170) My husband is trying to shed another 30, and I've got the grand total of 120 I want to lose. I was worried. I got on their website and downloaded nutrition info for their menu and shared it with dh and dd and we all pretty much decided what we wanted to eat before we even walked in the door.

I had the grilled salmon with veggies and rice and I was only at 1242 calories total for the day yesterday (Fitday says I can have up to 2200, but I've been trying to keep it in the 1300-1700 range). As hard as it was, I didn't even have one of their dessert shots (they're about 240 calories each).

I did it! I resisted the temptation to blow it! YAY ME!

I almost can't wait to get on the scale tomorrow morning to see how much more I've lost. I measured Tuesday and my biceps, forearms and thighs are a bit bigger, but I measured right after I did some weight training, so I wonder if that had something to do with it. But I've lost 1.5 inches on my bust, 1.25 on my waist, 1.5 on my hips and .25 on my calves.

Sorry, this turned into a book... I just can't help it. I'm seeing progress!
Getting a little misty eyed here, sooo proud of you. I bet the limbs getting bigger is a muscle thing, my biceps and forearms have done the same thing, so you're not alone there. That 1.25" in your waist is just huge, mine doesn't seem to move much anymore. In the very beginning it went down dramatically, but anymore it's sort of fluctuates 1/2" up or down, but hasn't moved down significantly in 2 months. My bust measurement has gone down too, so I had to buy some new bras. I thought I would need a smaller diameter and a smaller cup, nope, the cup hasn't changed, just the diameter around was 2 sizes smaller. Which sort of bummed me out because I really was looking forward to eventually being a 36C again, but it's looking less and less likely.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-30-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Montana!!! You and me girl! I hit 271 just yesterday... 260's HERE WE COME! I don't know what your goal is, but 250's are a big deal because it will mean I have ONLY 100 pounds to lose. I started this journey at 430, so... I am down 159 pounds.... by the time I am at my goal, I will have lost 280 pounds. If I can do it, ANYONE CAN! I know you and me will be skipping into the 260's before we know it! Keep us posted on your huge (or skinny, lol) accomplishment.
Is it just me, or is this a HUGE accomplishment? Wow that's soooo amazing. You must have people complimenting you all the time, gotta love that. So, where are your progress photos? Uh?
Old 04-30-2010, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

good morning all you beauties TGIF - hope you all have fun stuff for the weekend planned.
Well shoot - we're having 3 nights of hard freezes now. Its just a fluke weather pattern but all of us gardeners were scrambling late last night as the temperature unexpectedly plummeted into the 20's. I'm so glad dh watched the weather since I was curled up with a detective murder mystery book happy as a clam. Murderous evil winds whistling their destructive intent in the trees...kill the tender veggie plants, kill them...okay I'm melodramatic this morning. Seriously, it was a shock to see snow outside this morning though. For weeks, bundles of perennial herbs have been drying in the house since the weather has been so warm everything has been growing & blooming like crazy. So okay enough moaning & groaning.

SkinnyErinn-I've been thinking about you & wondering how you're doing. It's so funny that we've never actually met, but I feel so close to all of you. I'm glad you popped in & that you're still doing awesome! Wow 159-You rock!

Patti-I agree with almeeker - your recipes are really good. Even though the panko is wheat (evil grain) I used some mixed with walnut flour - used egg whites only to dip it with a very, very light crust & cajun seasoning and vavavoom - or Bam! rather - it was excellent. I had been steaming the fish atop of frozen veggies with lemon slices but am so burned out on it. The super low calories plus 0 fat grams kept me coming back for more until yesterday when the thought of fish was too much to bear LOL. Tonight is seared Ahi Tuna, rare, on a bed of romaine. Yum-even though it adds 150 cals, just that little bit of oil really changes the flavor. Right now it's the only fish I like. I'm so over salmon, think I've eaten it every way possible & just can't eat another bite of it for a while. At first I loved the Pacific wild caught, loved all the Omega oils & low cals but over did it. You're so right about that skin, I only left it on when it was grilled to hold the meat together - my dogs ate the crunchy skin like it was doggie caviar.

Almeeker - thanks you so much for all of your suggestions & advice. I've been keeping my eye out for sales on the bundled Wii Fit Plus online but I thought all of the games listed were separate disks since most of them are also sold separately. It's so good to know more about it before I buy it. No one I've asked has one for me to try. From reading all about it from you guys I'm not sure I can wait until Christmas.
That was too funny about wanting to expose the short's size tag - ROTF. Who cares if they're stretchy, girl wear that size tag like a proud flag of a job (still being) well done!

speedyfair-thanks for the info on Wii Fit yoga. I'm glad that you're adding the lunch walk with your coworker. It makes the time go by much faster when there's someone to talk to.

egmdobbs-welcome to the club. I hope Fitday helps you achieve your goals.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hey, I picked up Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred the other day on sale for $8 at WM. It's 3 20-min workouts, the first one is a very basic, "Jr. High Gym class" sort of workout, but it got the burn going for me. This morning my 8 year old DD did it before school. So okay you might not be at the ranch, but you can have Jillian in your living room kicking your butt for a very reasonable price.
I actually have Jillian's 30-day shred and a ton of other BL workout DVDs and I really like them. My problem is that I only have time to exercise when my 15-month-old is sleeping in the morning or at night, but any exercise I do, whether it is a DVD in my living room or the treadmill in the basement, wakes him up immediately because he knows I'm awake. That is why exercise is just not part of the equation right now unless we are going on a family hike or I am able to get up in the morning and sneak outside (if the weather is nice) for a walk on our private lane. I know it sounds like an excuse - but at this point, a well-rested kid is more important to my overall sanity!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats on the great work

You've all done so well, it's such an encouragement, to hear of your success and advice. So far I've still just been dieting and haven't gotten on the treadmill or excercised. That will be my next step and I have good intentions but no follow thru with it.

Still can't resist getting on the scales everyday. Ugh! That is encouraging when I'm dropping weight but such a downer when I'm not

start 302
current 274
birthday goal 240
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cc1158
You've all done so well, it's such an encouragement, to hear of your success and advice. So far I've still just been dieting and haven't gotten on the treadmill or excercised. That will be my next step and I have good intentions but no follow thru with it.

Still can't resist getting on the scales everyday. Ugh! That is encouraging when I'm dropping weight but such a downer when I'm not

start 302
current 274
birthday goal 240
I so understand where you're coming from. I've struggle for years to find "my time" for exercise. I have two kids and a spouse. One of the kids is a teen, one is a preteen, so there are after school things, then there's dinner (and I feel strongly about us all eating together most nights), there's the fact that I'm bushed from working all day, and of course the fact that I can't sleep well if I exercise too closely to bed time. I have to be done with it before 6 p.m.

So fast forward to April 12th, when I finally decided that mornings were really the only time I don't have an excuse (other than it being morning). I'm a morning person by nature, and I've seen someone else (almeeker?) refer to "not being awake enough to have an excuse". It works for me. I've come to the conclusion that every person just needs to be able to find the time that really works for them and be willing to stick with it.

Good luck to you!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

I'm having a really rough night. My calories are fine, and I got my workout in, but it seems like everything else is a disaster. I really want a chocolate bar (or a dozen) and a couple of drinks. I'm resisting, but it's a near thing. My mom called to say that my grandma is in the hospital again, which is a real worry, she's 89 and broke her hip a few weeks ago. My brother and his wife are separating tomorrow, and I don't even know what to think about that. Until recently I didn't know there were any problems in that house. My cousin is also getting married tomorrow, which is a good thing, but it's going to make for a really long day, since the church is like 3 hours from our house, and I'm feeling somewhat unsure about the gift I bought them. My girls all have soccer games, and soccer pictures tomorrow before we leave for the wedding. And just tonight I found out that work is going to be really nutty again next week, just when I was looking forward to things getting back to normal. Argh! To top it off I don't feel well, my sinuses are backed up and I was not the nicest mom earlier this evening. I feel bad about yelling at them and being mean, but sometimes a mom's gotta do, what a mom's gotta do. Sorry to unload.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.