Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-25-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi girls! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! Last night I went out to dinner with some friends and family. I asked for some advice here and decided it was ok to 'splurge' one night. I am...errr WAS..down 33 pounds. I couldn't look online at the menu before I went because the restaurant doesn't have a websit, but I knew some of the items they had. I decided to order steak and shrimp. It came with potato and rice, which I knew. I had planned all of this into my food log, so I ate pretty light yesterday. I ended up eating my steak, mushrooms and shrimp. I was sooo looking forward to the potato and rice, but after a bite of each I decided I really didn't want it. Not because I was freaking about the carbs and calories, but mainly because I didn't LIKE the taste of it so much. However, I did LOVE the garlic bread. And instead of eating half a slice like I had planned, I ate 2 large pieces. Sigh. Naughty. But, I did it, can't undo it and refuse to give up because of it. I dropped one egg, but I'm not going to drop the other 11.

Unfortunately, when I weighed myself this morning I am up 1 lb. Not sure why. Could be a fluke, could be the garlic bread, could be water weight (I notice my feet are more swollen), could be the fact that it was a crazy weekend with little sleep. I don't know. But, as much as it sucks to be UP, I know that I can get back DOWN. And I'm not going to see it as a failure, just a bump in the road. I slacked majorly in the exercise department last week. I worked late every night, my step-daughter had prom, I had to go out of town for a meeting and just didn't make time like I should have for exercise. Today is a new day, and it's time to hop back on the exercise band wagon.

Has anyone tried any of the Biggest Loser workouts? I am going to start doing that today. Hopefully it helps tone and lose weight as much as it says. If anyone has any other bits of advice they want to share on how they deal with making time for exercise, I would appreciate it!

Have a good Sunday! Thanks for listening (again!) and the support. Somehow knowing I can come on here to vent makes all the difference. I am actually starting to feel like I can conquer this battle.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default The missing link

Hi Everyone,
I joined Fitday awhile ago but never really used it. I've been a dieting dabbler for most of my adult life mostly because I 'knew' I should care more about my weight...but I really didn't. That's all about to change. I weighed myself this morning and I have reached a lifetime high of 250 lbs. Most importantly, though, is that I haven't been exercising for almost 2 years. In the past I would have always described myself as one of those 'fit fat people'. I have always been super active and had a great baseline level of fitness. Well....those days are over. While I don't care too much about how I look I really do care about how I feel physically.....and I feel miserable! I can't dabble anymore with my diet and health. I need to commit to making a change.

I just read most of the posts in this Thread and they are so honest and inspiring! I'd like to jump in and hopefully share some of this incredible support, sharing and caring that I've been reading. I think social support for this type of journey is critical to staying on track.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to getting to know you all
Old 04-25-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a couple of us had a zig-up weekend. I know I did. My hometown is famous for it's Maple Syrup, this past weekend was the annual "Maple Syrup Festival". The kids really enjoy it, and DH LOVES maple syrup. Anyway, my parents are very involved in the planning and launching of the festival, and so we end up sucked into helping with one thing or another every year. And if you know anything about small town festivals, then you already know they say "thanks" with food. I swear we got free eats just about everywhere we went, and it's a syrup festival so every option is carbs, fried with butter and dripping in pure sugar. It's all yummy, and it's all bad for a fat girl to be sure. I'm proud of myself for not going over the top. Yesterday the only thing I had that was off my plan was 2 small pancakes, with about 2 TBL of maple syrup on top. Real maple syrup is very different from the grocery store corn syrup variety, but it's very carb heavy. I skipped the carnival fries, the elephant ears and the maple cotton candy. I also didn't buy any divinity, which is a new record. And when I was offered some divinity for free I politely declined.

ddwilder, welcome to the thread. I find this group very inspiring as well. I'm cracking up over you calling yourself a "fit fat person", I used to be exactly that. I have a couple of very skinny sister-in-laws and they would always be shocked that I could out last them on the dance floor at wedding receptions and such. Being in shape and being skinny are not necessarily the same thing. I started at 244 so I've stood in that same place your in, not all that long ago, and I felt the same way - miserable. Not because I didn't look good, but because I didn't feel good and could not keep up with my life at all.

amylee32, sorry to hear that your up a little. One pound is not a big deal, almost sounds like you might have gotten too much sodium in your dinner out. Garlic bread can be really high in sodium, you might try upping your water intake for a couple of days. That always helps me.

pattialbert, I'm so glad to hear that you stopped yourself mid cookie and realized what you were doing. That's a big step in the right direction. You need a pedometer, so we can compare notes. Actually you don't need one to figure out how many steps you take in a mile. Just measure your stride, take 10-12 strides along a tape measure and then divide the distance by the number of steps you took. Then divide 3 miles by your stride length. Chili sounds good, it's rained here most of the day.

Gotta go, honey is home and we have to go pick up the kiddos.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default boot camp

I feel dead... totally drained. My muscles can barely move. I did a 90 minute boot camp work out. I am going to go back, but good lawd! Weights, glutes, abs, back, arms, legs, lunges... I am not sure, but I think she even worked out my eye lids. There isn't a place to count this on FD, so I just claimed calistenics (sp?) with vigorous effort.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Well, it's free and all you have to do is log-on, read and type. It's a really nice place to chit chat about the ups and downs of facing a 100+ pound weight loss. I think as a group we're particularly honest with each other. I've honestly posted my weight here, and until I did that I hadn't actually told another living soul just how high that number had gotten. It was actually quite refreshing to come clean. We come here to vent and cheer each other on, it's all good. You're absolutely welcome to join us.
I thought I was the only one who didn't tell anyone her weight. LOL I mean not even my dh knows. I'm still not coming clean to anyone other than here at Fitday. When it comes down more, maybe then I'll tell others. I agree with Almeeker & also welcome you to the club.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Desertmountain I dont know if you watch biggest loser but they gave that exact advice two weeks ago. They gave an example and I cant remember the exact plan but it was like 2 days of higher calorie eating,,3 days of lower calories, and 2 days of moderate calories...something like that. Now if your like me and tend to eat more on weekends this works perfectly! *IF* if works,,,havnt tried it but sounds doable.

I think Im going to make some of that good chili today..it was so hot here last week but has cooled right down and will be cooler this week so its a good time to make it. Its such a good go to meal when I dont feel like cooking.
have a great week everyone~~~ waving hi to everyone passing thru!!
Mmmmmm Patti's chili (it's what we call it at my house) - I want a bowl! BTW, I ordered the latest South Beach cookbook and it has quite a few yummy recipes, but for the most part I've found better tasting recipes online. If you're not really into cooking or changing up recipes to make them fit into your eating plan then it's a good investment. It covers all 3 phases with plenty of recipes for all. It seriously would have made phase 1 easier, but there's way too many grains & starches in the phase 2 recipes for me & I'm having to adjust them so it wasn't such a great deal for me.

Let us know what results you get if or when you decide to try the ZigZag thing. I'm going to keep it up until it either doesn't work or I want too many high cal days LOL...I mean I love getting to splurge on higher cal ingredients those days.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ddwilder
Hi Everyone,
I joined Fitday awhile ago but never really used it. I've been a dieting dabbler for most of my adult life mostly because I 'knew' I should care more about my weight...but I really didn't. That's all about to change. I weighed myself this morning and I have reached a lifetime high of 250 lbs. Most importantly, though, is that I haven't been exercising for almost 2 years. In the past I would have always described myself as one of those 'fit fat people'. I have always been super active and had a great baseline level of fitness. Well....those days are over. While I don't care too much about how I look I really do care about how I feel physically.....and I feel miserable! I can't dabble anymore with my diet and health. I need to commit to making a change.

I just read most of the posts in this Thread and they are so honest and inspiring! I'd like to jump in and hopefully share some of this incredible support, sharing and caring that I've been reading. I think social support for this type of journey is critical to staying on track.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to getting to know you all
I'm happy that you've taken the hardest step - getting clear about what you want to achieve & getting started. The support here helps my commitment level a lot. I like to start my day out reading posts, even I don't post anything just reading what others are doing really gives me a boost & lets me know that I'm not alone. Either are you DD. Glad you've joined us & I'm looking forward to sharing your progress with you!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by desertmountain
I thought I was the only one who didn't tell anyone her weight. LOL I mean not even my dh knows. I'm still not coming clean to anyone other than here at Fitday. When it comes down more, maybe then I'll tell others. I agree with Almeeker & also welcome you to the club.
Since coming clean on fitday about my actual weight, I've said it out loud to others. But only to people I thought might weigh more, while they were in the act of grilling me for more information on how I've been losing the weight. And I've also had to come clean to a few others after they've ask me how much I want to lose overall, because once you say you want to lose 124 pounds, people generally get bug eyed and want to know how much you weighed to begin with. It also shows on the Wii Fit Plus, so my kids and DH can see it too. Oh well, cats out of the bag now. For years I kept that number a secret, having no idea that I was almost living in fear that people would know and judge me by it. Coming clean was a really big step for me.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Almeeker I didnt get a pedometer yet, I do know how long I walk every day but just not how many steps. It would be interesting to see how many steps are in 3 miles. Thanks for the compliment about getting your inspiration here...thats so nice to hear!! There is no health food store here unfortunatly, but the grocery stores are pretty good for keeping low sodium products. Im always on the look out for them now. Im noticing a trend in canned tomatoes and some frozen veggies of not adding any sodium, YEAH!! its about time.
I logged in 6940 steps in 2.7 walking miles this morning, so I'd bet that depending on your step length, it's well over 7000 steps.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Back from vac, didn't go up or down!

Just back from vacation. I really tried to watch it but didn't keep track of what I ate. Did do a bit of walking Scales were up a few oz yesterday but I'm down a couple of lbs today.

Still haven't been exercising like I should but that's the goal this week to get on the treadmill everyday.

Having a lot of stress this week, tension between my daughter(25) and my parents with me caught in the middle. Since I've always been a comfort eater this has really been hard to keep out of the food. Need to go shopping today for things I can eat. Generally keeping the junk food out of the house, luckily my daughter and husband are watching the calories also.

start: 302
current: 276.9
first goal: 240 by my birthday 20oct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.