Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 05-04-2010, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

amylee, kick kick boot to the butt. Now get your lazy butt out of bed 30 minutes early and let Jillian M. kick your fat fanny into shape. There, did that help? The other thing I would say is that working out first thing in the morning wakes me up better than espresso. It also helps me feel more evened out all day long, I'm not quite so prone to mood swings and stress.

I've done the first workout on that DVD 5-6 times now. At first my legs hurt, but the last couple of times it's been my arms. I'm not someone that does push-ups if I can help it. But I just keep thinking that the less I weigh the easier it should be to do them. I'm still doing the "easy" girly version, but maybe tomorrow morning I'll attempt a full one. We'll see.

I have a ton of advice on chocolate. In the morning I put 1/2 a scoop of chocolate protein powder in my coffee along with a splash of skim milk (DH and I call it "muscle mocha"). It's a nice fat boost of protein first thing in the morning and it's perfect after a workout. For me it takes the bite out of the all day chocolate craving. For really bad days I have a stash of individually wrapped chocolates, Kisses, Dove squares, etc. I let myself have just one, and let it melt very slowly. I also make myself drink 24 ounces of water at the same time, hoping to get that "full" feeling. Other sources of chocolate I use when the need arises: chocolate pudding cups 60 calories, Fudgesicles 60 calories, homemade fudgesicles (using milk & chocolate protein powder) 80 calories tons of protein, individually wrapped peppermint patties, chocolate protein bars and sugar-free hot chocolate.

Great job on the weight loss, 39 pounds is about the same as my 3 year old weighs, and she's a chunk.

Speedyfair, sooooo pumped for you girlfriend!!!! Maybe by the end of the week you'll be looking at that new decade. Awesome!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Disujo - Congrats on the capris! Just think, if 26's are fitting good, it won't be too long until 24's will work for you! Doesn't matter the size, only the direction that you're going!

speedyfair - Congrats on the loss and way to keep yourself motivated. You'll be in your next "decade" probably within a few days!

amylee - Wow, almost 40 pounds gone - that's awesome! I second the cup of sugar free cocoa idea. I always want chocolate at night, and I always seem to want something sweet before bed. The cup of cocoa (with a splash of skim milk to make it richer) is probably only 50 calories and it does the trick and fills me up so I don't eat anything else on top of it. And worse case scenario - grab a 100 calorie pack of chips ahoy or oreo. There's not much to them nutritionally, but the portion control is nice. Fat free chocolate milk is also a decent option, especially after a workout.

Well, I survived my drive yesterday! I was really thirsty after my presentation though, so I did stop to get a diet pop. But I was able to walk out of the gas station without anything else. And as a reward, I got on the scale this morning and in my first week of logging foods on Fitday again, I lost 3.2 pounds! Woohoo! I know it could be more if I was exercising, but I just need to take one step at a time right now.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

egmdobbs - great job on your drive! Gas stations are the devil! They always have my favorite candy bars right by the check out! It's like they want to jump in my purse!!!

Last night I got home and my boyfriend's mom, who we are living with , made brownies...she knows I'm trying to lose weight - but I don't know if she realizes how hard it is. She is 83 and eats anything she wants...which if i live to 83 - i'm going to too! But I still wanted to throw the brownies outside for the birds!! I only had 1, which I wish I could say I didn't have any, but it's better than 5 I guess.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice! I will definately try the hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate, but have been avoiding it. Never thought to try the sugar free stuff. Thanks for all the encouragement too. I did the 30 Day Shred last night, and I believe it should be renamed to 30 Minute DEAD. Holy crap it kicked my butt. I think I am going to put a pic of Jillian up and throw darts at it. But, I am going to do it again and hopefully it will get a bit easier. Practice makes perfect.

Disujo, I can totally relate to the whole brownie thing. My husband made his famous brownies last week. The smell of them baking almost did me in. I begged him not to, but he really wanted those brownies. I had a small bite, then made my 16 year old step-daughter hide them. My husband and the girls had them eaten in 2 days and I made it without eating a whole pan. It sucks, huh? Hang in there, you're doing great. And you're right, 1 is WAY better than 5 and in the long run it probably didn't throw you off track. A treat once in a while is a good thing I hear. Helps keep cravings in check.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 05-05-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by amylee32
Thanks for the advice! I will definately try the hot chocolate. I love hot chocolate, but have been avoiding it. Never thought to try the sugar free stuff. Thanks for all the encouragement too. I did the 30 Day Shred last night, and I believe it should be renamed to 30 Minute DEAD. Holy crap it kicked my butt. I think I am going to put a pic of Jillian up and throw darts at it. But, I am going to do it again and hopefully it will get a bit easier. Practice makes perfect.
I hear you on that workout, I can't even pinpoint what it is that makes it so hard, the exercises are on the order of junior high gym class. When I'm doing it, seems like getting up and down off the floor is the hardest part. Geez, I thought I was getting back into shape until I bought that evil piece of plastic. But it also seems to be helping a bit, I actually have one tiny shred line showing up in my arms. I've never had that one before so it's pretty cool to see it. My 8 year old DD did workout #2 yesterday and complained that her legs hurt this morning. This from a kid that spends every recess either hanging from the monkey bars by her knees or jump roping. I like the dart board idea, but even better what about a punching bag with her face on it? Burn some cals while taking out your frustrations...

I'm so sorry that everybody is having brownie issues. After reading all your posts I can almost smell a pan cooking, and my oven is stone cold. Occasionally I have to make a couple sheets of cookies around here. Thankfully I have enough children here to eat them the minute they pop out of the oven. So as long as I leave the room, or stuff my face with something on plan, I manage to get through it without cheating.

egmdobbs, Great job on your drive, and on your weigh-in. 3.2 pounds is awesome! And truthfully it might have been more with exercise or it might not have. Exercise is one of those things that doesn't always show in the beginning. Which is not to say you shouldn't be exercising, just that you don't need to beat yourself up over not doing any - yet.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Which is not to say you shouldn't be exercising, just that you don't need to beat yourself up over not doing any - yet.
Oh, I'm sure if I go too much longer without exercising, I'll hear you beating me up about it! (which is great - I need some motivation!)

And will everyone stop talking about brownies - you're making me want one in the worst way!

I survived yet another diet land mine (actually 2) today. I work in the Girl Scouts office - so there is ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, an open package of cookies somewhere. I breezed passed them without even a thought this morning in the break room. And then my boss wanted to go out for Mexican after our meeting for Cinco de Mayo. Well, I'm pretty sure Mexican restaurants have NOTHING healthy on their menus! I got a "fajita salad", which was just grilled chicken on top of iceberg with a few tomatoes and black olives - no sauce. I got the cheese on the side and only sprinkled a little for flavor. They didn't have any fat free dressing, so I used about 2 tablespoons of real ranch and even after recording it, I'm only at 1400 cals with the healthy dinner I have planned. I feel great that I didn't order the giant plate of enchiladas swimming in beans and rice that I really wanted! (and the margarita of course!) I keep posting these successes in hopes that they will motivate me to keep having more of them!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default welcome to all the newbies

Of course I'm almost one myself, only been on here a month of so.
The support and encouragement is great.

I'm just starting Julian Micheals book master your metabolism. Is anyone familiar
with her books? etc. I guess she's on the biggest loser, never watched the show so i don't know anything about her or it. Is it worth watching and reading??

start 302
current 272
first goal: 240 by birthday in Oct
final goal to be decided later.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

New today. I've been watching the site for a few days, getting myself in the mindset to start. I watched Parenthood last night (love the show). A mother told her adult daughter "You can't succeed if you never start." That hit home for me. I planned out my meals last night and followed them to a tea today. I even took my kids for ice cream (red flag food for me) and resisted! I didn't get in any exercise and am feeling guilty about it. Did I really not have time or did I make up excuses? I'll figure that out in time.

Just want to say that you are all inspiring. I'm excited to start the journey with you all. If anyone can recommend some good exercise DVD's for beginners I'd love to hear from you!
Old 05-05-2010, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by andbeyond
New today. I've been watching the site for a few days, getting myself in the mindset to start. I watched Parenthood last night (love the show). A mother told her adult daughter "You can't succeed if you never start." That hit home for me. I planned out my meals last night and followed them to a tea today. I even took my kids for ice cream (red flag food for me) and resisted! I didn't get in any exercise and am feeling guilty about it. Did I really not have time or did I make up excuses? I'll figure that out in time.

Just want to say that you are all inspiring. I'm excited to start the journey with you all. If anyone can recommend some good exercise DVD's for beginners I'd love to hear from you!
Welcome aboard, this is a great spot to check in at. I love these ladies, they are helping to keep me on track. Great job on your plan and on sticking to it. Having a good plan is half the battle, it's also the half I struggle with the most.

On workout DVD's for beginners, I don't know that I'm a good source for a true beginner workout, I've done them for years and years and years. But I like Kathy Smith, pretty much all of them are fun and there is always a person in the background doing the "modified low impact version". I recently bought the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred, which is pretty basic too. Although a lot of us have been waking up with mild pain the day after, which I suppose means it is a good workout right? The 30-Day Shred is very much like my Jr. High gym class warm-up, so you probably know all the moves.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and video suggestions. I'm looking forward to another great day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.