Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Fabulous 100 pound club for women... >

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Community
Notices

Fabulous 100 pound club for women...

Old 04-13-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats

Speedy congrats on the 50 lbs, that's a milestone

HiddenHope, I'm kinda following your plan too. Trying for the lifestyle change. I'm still eating a lot of the foods I like only less of it. Really working on eating slowly and stopping when full.

I've got to start exercising, got to get on the treadmill, and I really need to work on the upper arms.

start 302
now 278.6
birthday goal 240
Old 04-13-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hiddenhope
Happy Monday. I read of everyones posts more than I will most likely post. I did good today and think I ate well. I work in an office that has alot of munchie days, birthdays and random for any reason goodies around not the best environment for weightloss by far but am ignorring it. I walked on my lunch despite having foot pain today. I need to cut down my coffee and drink more water. Is there a specific weigh in day or just weekly as we wish? I usually weigh in sunday mornings to see any weekend damage and make an adjustment. I have good feelings about this because I am not going to embrace an all or nothing mentality on this journey. It is a lifestyle change for good. That means I can have things I enjoy but in moderation and taking into account if my glucose readings allow them at the moment. I had dinner out this weekend, I decided that I would order what I liked but eat less. I ate half the steak, all the broccoli, half of the potatoes and my dinner came with dessert so I had a friend eat most of it, I had 3 or 4 spoonfulls it was delicious and then felt good that I tasted it but didnt need to eat more of it. I do tend to subsitute coffee in exchange for rich or decadent foods I would rather eat which tends to lead to me drinking alot of coffee on bad temptation days and that is my major downfall. I use stevia and non dairy fat free creamer in my coffee. Anyway off to fill in my food log/workout logs. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Hope

started 256/current 251/short term goal 199/ long term goal 120. (will decide once I get there if I want to go to 105).
Good for you on eating out, that's just about the hardest thing for me too! And that 1-3 bite thing has been my lifesaver in this, gets me over the craving, but keeps me on the wagon.

On the coffee, I was using ff creamer too, but have since discovered that skim milk tastes pretty much the same, has a similar calorie count and is much better nutritionally. If you tolerate dairy, you might give it a go. If you don't tolerate dairy, you might look into Silk Light. Just a thought. You also might consider green tea instead of coffee, at least in the afternoon. It's supposed to boost your immune system and give you caffeine-free energy, it doesn't need sweetening and you can count it as water! I drink it hot or cold and pretty much anywhere in between. My stomach doesn't like too much caffiene, even though my brain loves it, so I'm always looking for alternatives.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cc1158
I've got to start exercising, got to get on the treadmill, and I really need to work on the upper arms.
Ugh!!!! Me too. I've lost just enough that I have a skin hanging down from my arms and it makes disgusting flapping noises whenever I make a sudden move, it's soooo gross. I'm trying to do free weights at the gym, but all the weights there are soooo stinking heavy.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default back at it!

I have about 120 to lose. I was on fitday several years ago and fell off the wagon, and here I am, back to finish this now.

We have an awesome treadmill, and I'm on day 2 of a 5 day per week, 1 hour per day, use of it. I'm walking for now. When I was using it prior to this it was 30 minutes of walking and some jogging.

I'm hoping for inspiration this time to really stick with it nutrition-wise and exercise-wise.

Congrats to all of you who are working on it too!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

hows everyones day so far? after work i went grocery shopping. i feel good about being successful this time. things are mentally different for me. i desire to be in control of my life, i do not want food, relationships, children or other things dictating my life to me. i have made a choice to eat foods i enjoy in moderation. i also am watching my portion and calories. i am paying attention to if i am full or if i am really trying to feed something else. i know i eat for emotional reasons such as if i something good happens i celebrated with food in the past or if something bad happens i comfort myself with food. those days are over. food is delicious and for nutrition and energy , it can be enjoyed and savored but not a subsitute for facing lifes ups and downs. anyway, thats been my journey so far and lessons learned. i think i feel confident that this will be the year it all falls into place with effort but not strife. wishing everyone the best and wonderful week. hope
Old 04-14-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default good morning

thanks for all the support, I hope everyone's week is going well. I started to take my dog out for a walk this past week and can actually walk and not get out of breath LOL. So looking forward to this summer and planning activities and participating instead of sitting on the sidelines because my weight kept me from enjoying those things. It is a mental and physical journey that we are on and that's why this support is so important for me.

have a great day
Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning! Speedy, you are so right, this is definately a physical and mental journey. The weeks been ok for me, other than the whole sweet potato fry and calamari incident. My coworker has some oh-so-yummy dark chocolate sitting on her desk and she offered me some yesterday. At first I tried to decline it, but figured 1 little piece of chocolate wouldn't hurt. So, I ate it, got rid of my chocolate craving and feel better about it. Allowing myself a small treat once in a while won't do me in, but I think it helps keep me motivated. My weight loss is very slow this week, but I think that has to do with it being time for my monthly friend. Anyone else have that problem? I am officially down 26.6 lbs and love it. My mother in law told me last night that it's nice to see I actually have a face, and not just fat. I'm assuming she meant it as a compliment, haha. She's rather outspoken. I am feeling more energy, too. I look forward to going camping this summer and being able to keep up on the hikes.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

amylee, I'm the same way. Not only am I slower and more sluggish around that time of the month, I'm hungrier.

I started my walking program Monday. I'd been going 2-3 times a week for about 30-45 minutes. Now I'm doing 5 days a week for 1 hour per day.

Except my right foot hurts immensely today. I had to stop at 40 minutes but almost had my 2 miles in by then. So I have to take tomorrow at least off from walking I guess.

I haven't been on the scale since Monday when I weighed in at the most I've ever weighed except when I was pregnant. Almost made me cry. Then I realized that I had a bad case of PMS too, so between the weight and the crying, I'm chalking at least 4-5 of those pounds up to PMS. When I was at the doctor's last in December, I was 4 pounds lighter than I was Monday.

I'm hoping to see a change in the way my clothes fit fairly quickly.

Keep on keeping on everyone! You're all doing great!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Talking HI

Just wanted to say HI and introduce myself to everyone. My name is Nonda, Im 22 and have just moved to the state of Oregon from TX. This is about my hundreth time trying to lose weight and hopefully something clicks this time. I have five kids and a wonderful hubby. I have about 160ish lbs to lose, hopefully one day i'll get there.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Happy HumpDay to All. I am so glad this week is nearing an end, we have had big wigs from out of state come to the office this week and are overhauling our unit and making changes that might include job cuts,my boss was fired last week.

I did well today, pre planning is helping alot, I like having control over this eating thing not the other way around. I walked on lunch.. was so nice and sunny no jacket required.

almeeker- congrats on the 61 lbs I cant wait to be able to say that in the future. How on earth did you do that in 3 and a half months? wow great job. I do so love green tea have you ever tried MightLeaf brand they have a few kinds, jasmine and tropical green teas that are incredible. I am going to look into the row machine.

cc1158-I was considering trying alli pills but am afraid to add any more to my medication since I am diabetic and a girl at work who is 300 lbs has started them and has to wear a depends as she has anal leakage which I assume is from eating too much fatty foods thus the pill is trying to do its designed job and block and remove the fat? I hope your hair comes out to your liking the last time I did a perm was in the 80s and I swore never again lol. I am really with you on the part about this being a lifestyle change whats that saying if you do the same thing youve always done you will get the same thing youve always got? lol time to make a change for sure.

desert mountain - I can so relate on the slow weightloss front but I am not worried, I lose about 1 lb a week and for 4 weeks didnt lose 1 lb didnt gain so hey was knowing I did the right things and eventually it had to move. I figure even 1 lbs a week is 52 lbs in a year and it is a better place than where I am today so I will take it even if it takes that long. by the way hair grows lol.

fat cat 92 & montana cricket - think we 3 have the same to lose I also have 120 to lose and or maybe a bit more.

speedy fair- way to go on the 50 lb weight loss that has to feel like a major triumph. Your excitement and positive energy is contageous lol thank you!

amylee32- dont feel bad about that meeting dinner, it happens to all of us, I read that men blow dieting too but say aww fudge and move on they dont beat themselves up as us women do over it. So do that, begin anew and forget the one day and move on. Tomorrow is another day, heck the next meal is a change to be successful in your choices. Try to find out in advance online what a place has if you can and then you know going in the doors what you can pick from. oh and Yup my aunt flow week lol I can bloat as much as almost 8 lbs in water weight and it takes a full 5 days to get rid of the bloating my family carry mini chocolates that week for their own safety as I might have an emotional melt down lol.

thanks for being there ...hope

250 current
199 short goal by end of august
120 long goal by end of 2010

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.